Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:10:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Green Laser Pointers *400/600/800/1000/2000MW (Refund if seized)  (Read 13831 times)
Campsis (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

WW3

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 07:43:02 PM

I would buy a few if I knew they would get through customs ok here in Australia... don't want to buy them and have them seized..

But they look really cool..

Now if you could make that lazer 100x more powerful  that would be something... LOL:)

Hehe, making a laser 4000mw is not something that i could do lol

However, if the lasers dont get trough customers i will give you a full refund Smiley

Campsis (OP)

WW3

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:01:44 PM

I would buy a few if I knew they would get through customs ok here in Australia... don't want to buy them and have them seized..

But they look really cool..

Now if you could make that lazer 100x more powerful  that would be something... LOL:)

Hehe, making a laser 4000mw is not something that i could do lol

However, if the lasers dont get trough customers i will give you a full refund Smiley

well that sounds like a nice deal about the refund... but would not want you to loose out... but I think they may get through...

Do you take paypal... and where are you based.. do you have a website...

Sent you  a pm:)

Photon939

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:22:39 PM

To anyone in this thread considering buying one of these lasers, PLEASE consider buying quality laser safety glasses to protect your eyes against this wavelength (532nm). (Sunglasses and welding goggles DO NOT WORK)

Reflections from shiny surfaces alone can cause permanent vision damage. To the person earlier who said this is like looking into the sun, it's quite a bit more power than that. If the laser can ignite a match, what do you think it will do to the delicate cells in the retina of your eye?

Rant aside, OP do you guarantee that the laser can sustain an output power of >400mW for at least 30 seconds? If so I'll grab one.
Campsis (OP)

WW3

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:41:23 PM

To anyone in this thread considering buying one of these lasers, PLEASE consider buying quality laser safety glasses to protect your eyes against this wavelength (532nm). (Sunglasses and welding goggles DO NOT WORK)

Reflections from shiny surfaces alone can cause permanent vision damage. To the person earlier who said this is like looking into the sun, it's quite a bit more power than that. If the laser can ignite a match, what do you think it will do to the delicate cells in the retina of your eye?

Rant aside, OP do you guarantee that the laser can sustain an output power of >400mW for at least 30 seconds? If so I'll grab one.

Yes everyone please make sure you are carefull as shining it to the eyes can make someone blind...

As of guarateeing that it can sustain an output power of >400mw for at least 30 seconds i cannot guarantee you that, how can i know though? is there a device which calculates output power? thx.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 12:04:58 AM
Last edit: July 07, 2014, 12:21:31 AM by TECSHARE

Yes these are not toys and are capable of causing instantaneous eye damage from just a reflection of this beam off of a white wall or other semi reflective surface. I would suggest treating these lasers as you would a firearm. Make sure your friends don't get their hands on it either. I find people have a hard time understanding how easy it is to permanently blind someone with these and will treat it far too casually.
Photon939

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:17:18 AM

You'll want to grab one of these at the very least if you're going to be selling lasers - http://www.illumn.com/radiant-electronics-x4-3-7w-laser-power-meter.html

I myself use a Coherent FieldmaxII TO with a PM10 sensor, but that's probably more than you'd be willing to spend.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:39:52 AM

You'll want to grab one of these at the very least if you're going to be selling lasers - http://www.illumn.com/radiant-electronics-x4-3-7w-laser-power-meter.html

I myself use a Coherent FieldmaxII TO with a PM10 sensor, but that's probably more than you'd be willing to spend.
Out of curiosity, is "work output" by measuring beam significantly different from power draw on most lasers? Would guess OP has decent multimeter which, if polls very frequently, could do same test insofar as it measures draw, but again, Idunno if that's a good-enough estimate.

Probably cheaper for him to just send you every laser he sells for free in exchange for testing. Grin
Photon939

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:58:31 AM

Out of curiosity, is "work output" by measuring beam significantly different from power draw on most lasers? Would guess OP has decent multimeter which, if polls very frequently, could do same test insofar as it measures draw, but again, Idunno if that's a good-enough estimate.

Probably cheaper for him to just send you every laser he sells for free in exchange for testing. Grin

For laser diode based lasers with known hardware you can calculate the approximate output, but these lasers use two crystals inside to change the wavelength of light to the 532nm green that comes out the front end. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diode-pumped_solid-state_laser
The crystal conversion efficiency can vary greatly with temperature and even between two identical lasers. That's why having an actual power meter is important. Not to mention the whole thing of Chinese sellers padding specifications to increase sales.
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 11:02:14 AM

Where are these lasers produced ?
USA or China ? I'm just asking because I have purchased  500/1000/2000mw lasers produced in China that only output like 50mw.... not saying yours are these, just asking though Smiley

cough cough
I'm in Australia... would you be happy to send one to me if I paid ? I would accept all risk of it being taken off me by customs...
/cough cough

and like the poster said. these aren't a toy/joke. You NEED THE SAFETY GLASSES!!!!!!!

haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 11:40:55 PM

These are cool items indeed and I've seen plenty demos of these types of high-powered lasers. But what is the legality of owning one of these in the US? What is the legal threshold for max power? And would you take responsible if case customs confiscates it?

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 11:43:28 PM

These are cool items indeed and I've seen plenty demos of these types of high-powered lasers. But what is the legality of owning one of these in the US? What is the legal threshold for max power? And would you take responsible if case customs confiscates it?

Only problem I've ever seen with lazer pointers in the USA is point them at cops. Tends to freak them out a little for whatever reason Cheesy

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 02:55:38 AM

Only problem I've ever seen with lazer pointers in the USA is point them at cops. Tends to freak them out a little for whatever reason Cheesy

Are you saying that from experience?  Wink. This is probably true, because it emulates the person being targeted, ie a gun is pointing at them. Although, the laser would have to be red. Haven't seen a green or blue laser mounted on a gun before.

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 03:11:40 AM
Last edit: July 08, 2014, 04:27:33 PM by BayAreaCoins

Are you saying that from experience?  Wink. This is probably true, because it emulates the person being targeted, ie a gun is pointing at them. Although, the laser would have to be red. Haven't seen a green or blue laser mounted on a gun before.

It rings a bell with me for whatever reason. Smiley

Also aircraft/helicopters don't like them either (this is against the law.)

I remember hearing a story about Schwagstock (music festival that got shut down and the owners in prison) that some kid fell in the fire.  Well, they called the helicopter for him and everyone thought it was a raid.... needless to say people started hitting the chopper with so much laser power they couldn't even land.  

The festival people had let people know it wasn't the FED's.

I've only ever seen the black light lazer that could burn a little shit. This type of lazer listed here is on a whole different level... this fucker belongs in the gun safe if it can focus that amount of power!

Edit:

Here is a green laser for your gun!

http://www.shopbarska.com/Products-Laser_Sights.html?gclid=CNLQofjftL8CFQIT7AodnyoA9A

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 01:55:58 PM

OP - I updated my post above, please read it.

How can I contact a mod to get it removed, I hate retards that jump into conclusions too quickly lol

Moderators remove trust in extreme situations.
Actually, I'm not sure if moderators can remove trust or if it is solely upto admins.

No mod will remove the trust , you can put trust on anybody's name for any weird or wrong reason , without getting it removed.
You need to contact the person who put the trust in the first place and ask him to remove it.

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
Oraclex

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:02:38 PM

it seems like it will be illegal to own on of these... can anyone link to specific us laws showing regulations on lasers.
Photon939

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 07:42:23 PM

It is not illegal to own high powered lasers in USA. It is however to import them from other countries if they do not comply to safety regulations for things like key interlocks and aperture shutters. (which this laser does seem to have)
zhinkk

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 08:51:51 PM

Sorry if this is obvious knowledge but a 400mw laser should have no trouble lighting matches/popping balloons EASILY right? By easily I mean <5 seconds, not holding it at a spot for 30 seconds.
Campsis (OP)

WW3

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 05:24:49 PM

updated pictures of laser, and beam, will take more pictures tonight. (3 sold)

TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 05:53:23 PM

It must be 400 mW  Roll Eyes

(400 Mega watts would shoot down planes)

Nice product though, good luck with the sales Smiley

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
Campsis (OP)

WW3

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:04:55 PM

It must be 400 mW  Roll Eyes

(400 Mega watts would shoot down planes)

Nice product though, good luck with the sales Smiley

hehe it sure is awesome, i will upload a picture of it in the dark when its darker:)

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: