Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:10:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Green Laser Pointers *400/600/800/1000/2000MW (Refund if seized)  (Read 13820 times)
zhinkk

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:55:08 PM

are these shipped from the usa ?
and why would you offer a refund if siezed ? makes no sense.

great price for those in a country where its legal. and for the guy that asked earlier they will burn the skin after a second or two. its a great weapon if someone breaks into your house :p

Sorry to say, they will be pretty useless as self defense. If you are being attacked with fists,stick,knife or gun. You will not have the time nor precision to inflict enough damage before being knocked down. 

If you get it in the eye it will blind them allright for 10secs

Can you recommend some cheap but effective (and maybe somewhat cool looking) glasses I could buy with the 400mw green laser?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Campsis (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

WW3

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:01:15 PM

great price for those in a country where its legal. and for the guy that asked earlier they will burn the skin after a second or two. its a great weapon if someone breaks into your house :p

Sorry to say, they will be pretty useless as self defense. If you are being attacked with fists,stick,knife or gun. You will not have the time nor precision to inflict enough damage before being knocked down. 

Can you recommend some cheap but effective (and maybe somewhat cool looking) glasses I could buy with the 400mw green laser?

i would give you a pair for free:)

zhinkk

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:03:46 PM

Are you serious??? Haha thanks man, I'm so excited to be paid. I can't wait to order off you and have this laser in my hands. Smiley
Campsis (OP)

WW3

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:04:59 PM

Are you serious??? Haha thanks man, I'm so excited to be paid. I can't wait to order off you and have this laser in my hands. Smiley

Np, glasses are not too expensive but i am willing to provide it Smiley

byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:06:42 PM

Do you have these of other colours by any chance?
Campsis (OP)

WW3

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:22:54 PM

Yep, red,blue,green  Cool Cool

zhinkk

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:27:29 PM

Yep, red,blue,green  Cool Cool

If visibility is taken out of account, do all three burn the same? I feel like I would want the blue one since the color would be nice. But if the green burns the best, I guess the answer is clear.
Campsis (OP)

WW3

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:31:22 PM

If visibility is taken out of account, do all three burn the same? I feel like I would want the blue one since the color would be nice. But if the green burns the best, I guess the answer is clear.

All of them are pretty much the same when it comes to burning stuff, however green laser beam is much brighter than any other laser:)

byt411

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:40:19 PM

All of them are pretty much the same when it comes to burning stuff, however green laser beam is much brighter than any other laser:)

Would there be a discount if I bought 2? Cheesy
Campsis (OP)

WW3

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:43:13 PM

Which ones and what colour were you thinking of ?

byt411

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:45:59 PM

Which ones and what colour were you thinking of ?

I'd possibly like 2 400 ones, one green, one blue.
surebet

Activity: 495
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:29:02 PM

What kind of eye protection are you selling alongside with these lasers?
Campsis (OP)

WW3

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:39:35 PM

What kind of eye protection are you selling alongside with these lasers?
cheap glassess really Smiley

surebet

Activity: 495
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:56:51 AM

To anyone in this thread considering buying one of these lasers, PLEASE consider buying quality laser safety glasses to protect your eyes against this wavelength (532nm). (Sunglasses and welding goggles DO NOT WORK)

Reflections from shiny surfaces alone can cause permanent vision damage. To the person earlier who said this is like looking into the sun, it's quite a bit more power than that. If the laser can ignite a match, what do you think it will do to the delicate cells in the retina of your eye?

Yes these are not toys and are capable of causing instantaneous eye damage from just a reflection of this beam off of a white wall or other semi reflective surface. I would suggest treating these lasers as you would a firearm. Make sure your friends don't get their hands on it either. I find people have a hard time understanding how easy it is to permanently blind someone with these and will treat it far too casually.

^^ These two are saying wise words.

Unless you have good reason to want to own a class 4 laser and proper PPE/installations, buying one "just for fun" means you are a complete and utter fucktard.

LOL! it's fun, i just enjoy it shining it at random people in the street haha

Jesus. Fucking. Christ.
zhinkk

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:40:37 AM

To anyone in this thread considering buying one of these lasers, PLEASE consider buying quality laser safety glasses to protect your eyes against this wavelength (532nm). (Sunglasses and welding goggles DO NOT WORK)

Reflections from shiny surfaces alone can cause permanent vision damage. To the person earlier who said this is like looking into the sun, it's quite a bit more power than that. If the laser can ignite a match, what do you think it will do to the delicate cells in the retina of your eye?

Yes these are not toys and are capable of causing instantaneous eye damage from just a reflection of this beam off of a white wall or other semi reflective surface. I would suggest treating these lasers as you would a firearm. Make sure your friends don't get their hands on it either. I find people have a hard time understanding how easy it is to permanently blind someone with these and will treat it far too casually.

^^ These two are saying wise words.

Unless you have good reason to want to own a class 4 laser and proper PPE/installations, buying one "just for fun" means you are a complete and utter fucktard.

LOL! it's fun, i just enjoy it shining it at random people in the street haha

Jesus. Fucking. Christ.

This is a genuine question, please don't take this as sarcasm or something. But I have no "good reason" for buying this. I just want to have a very powerful laser I can use. Can you tell me "good reasons" for owning a laser like this? I'm curious because although I will be really careful and wear glasses, but in the end, I will be buying it "just for fun" and I don't see anything wrong with that.
bitlover

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:23:31 AM

This is a genuine question, please don't take this as sarcasm or something. But I have no "good reason" for buying this. I just want to have a very powerful laser I can use. Can you tell me "good reasons" for owning a laser like this? I'm curious because although I will be really careful and wear glasses, but in the end, I will be buying it "just for fun" and I don't see anything wrong with that.

Sure, see this:

Shine the laser on a white wall, damage someone else's eyes, what other reason do you need? Just for fun. It is not like there a reason for these things to be banned, they are just silly little toys (that can cause blindness) that shine in real pretty colors. So pretty. I'm pretty sure spending 200+ dollars to burn some masking tape and matches with the laser is going to be worth the risk. Specially with the super-high quality googles that surely will come with the laser.

zhinkk

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:59:42 AM

Sure, see this:

Shine the laser on a white wall, damage someone else's eyes, what other reason do you need? Just for fun. It is not like there a reason for these things to be banned, they are just silly little toys (that can cause blindness) that shine in real pretty colors. So pretty. I'm pretty sure spending 200+ dollars to burn some masking tape and matches with the laser is going to be worth the risk. Specially with the super-high quality googles that surely will come with the laser.

I asked a genuine question. You replied with sarcasm. I'm asking for USE CASES. Tell me uses of this. He stated that unless you are buying for "good reasons" you shouldn't buy this. What are the "good reasons" ? Tell me some.
bitlover

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:43:44 AM

I asked a genuine question. You replied with sarcasm. I'm asking for USE CASES. Tell me uses of this. He stated that unless you are buying for "good reasons" you shouldn't buy this. What are the "good reasons" ? Tell me some.

No, that's not sarcasm, that's outright mockery, there is a difference.

You asked for use cases to someone who posted about what a colossally stupid idea is to buy those lasers just for fun.

Do you have the proper PPE (personal protective equipment) and the installations to handle a class 4 laser? no? Then you should not get close to them.

Here is a complete list of GOOD USE CASES for those lasers if you don't have the proper equipment and training:

1) There are none.
2) Still none.

Now, if you do have the proper equipment then you can do all kinds of cool shit, like running some laser interferometer experiments for your Physics thesis. Oh wait, that's some really specialized shit. You meant "good reasons", as in silly wastes of time with dangerous equipment. In that case you can:

1) Blind all sorts of animals by mistake
2) Burn all kinds of shit (this is also easily done with matches, they are cheaper)
3) Burn some different shit.

In other words There are no good use cases for those lasers outside some very technical and specialized stuff.

In yet more words, if you're dumb enough to ask for GOOD USE CASES for those lasers to a person who is telling you not to buy them, then you should not get close to those lasers. By the way, just in case you didn't notice, you were dumb enough to do that.

Please don't get close to those lasers (and please don't mistake this with sarcasm, it is supposed to be insulting, you dumb fuck).
zhinkk

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:56:01 AM

No, that's not sarcasm, that's outright mockery, there is a difference.

You asked for use cases to someone who posted about what a colossally stupid idea is to buy those lasers just for fun.

Do you have the proper PPE (personal protective equipment) and the installations to handle a class 4 laser? no? Then you should not get close to them.

Here is a complete list of GOOD USE CASES for those lasers if you don't have the proper equipment and training:

1) There are none.
2) Still none.

Now, if you do have the proper equipment then you can do all kinds of cool shit, like running some laser interferometer experiments for your Physics thesis. Oh wait, that's some really specialized shit. You meant "good reasons", as in silly wastes of time with dangerous equipment. In that case you can:

1) Blind all sorts of animals by mistake
2) Burn all kinds of shit (this is also easily done with matches, they are cheaper)
3) Burn some different shit.

In other words There are no good use cases for those lasers outside some very technical and specialized stuff.

In yet more words, if you're dumb enough to ask for GOOD USE CASES for those lasers to a person who is telling you not to buy them, then you should not get close to those lasers. By the way, just in case you didn't notice, you were dumb enough to do that.

Please don't get close to those lasers (and please don't mistake this with sarcasm, it is supposed to be insulting, you dumb fuck).

The amount of nasty remarks and insults you give to a person who is just curious and wants to learn about lasers is just disgusting. I didn't attack you at all. I didn't say anything nasty to you. I simply asked. Yet you literally called me a "dumb fuck". Thanks for your answer.
bitlover

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:10:30 AM

The amount of nasty remarks and insults you give to a person who is just curious and wants to learn about lasers is just disgusting. I didn't attack you at all. I didn't say anything nasty to you. I simply asked. Yet you literally called me a "dumb fuck". Thanks for your answer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_laser_applications

In that list, there are plenty of things that can be done by your regular, safer, cheaper, available lasers, like making a laser sight.

Of the things that cannot be done by the safer lasers, the only one you can really do without a lot of extra equipment and training is laser engraving, and cutting/burning stuff.  That's it. Those are the use cases you asked about.

Read about them (lasers are indeed cool)  and learn a lot.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: