Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:59:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Green Laser Pointers *400/600/800/1000/2000MW (Refund if seized)  (Read 13820 times)
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:42:56 PM

50 mw available? Do you know where they are allowed?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
surebet

Activity: 495
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 11:29:48 PM

You keep quoting laws and regulations for manufacturers, not for end users.  aka, they do not apply to anyone in this thread (besides possibly OP, but he isn't even manufacturing them).  You will not get your laser taken away if your caught with it, and it does not meet the standards you have quoted.  So I am not sure what you are attacking here?  It seems to be directed at me, but all I have said is that they are not illegal for people to own or use, which you have agreed with, then you have gone on citing regulations that have no relation to the topic (and are a simple google search away).

So not really sure what your getting at here as nothing you have said affects me in any way?

You're funny.

You aren't allowed to import them. I could very possible make it through because of declaration abuse or mislabelling. If found it's seized and destroyed.

Once it's on your desk, in your home, it's fine. Owning it isn't the issue at that point, using it is.

If you use the thing inside your home and take sufficient steps to secure it's use, awesome, no one will know.

Going outside though, there lies the problem.

Using a laser above class 3a as a pointing device goes against 21 CFR 1040.11(b) and 1040.11(c). Since I have no clue where you live, figure out your own state/county/city restrictions that hook into this.

You need to request a variance 21 CFR 1010.4 in theory since you cannot be designated as using a laser pointer, but rather you're operating as a demonstration laser user, aka operating a laser light show.

Since you are no longer acting as an individual with a laser pointer, surprise motherfucker, OSHA comes a-knocking. OSHA technical manual section III Chapter 6 will explain all the various new obligations that you, the end user, have to follow. Table III:6-9 will give you an insight into the wide variety of exciting and expensive engineered controls required for operating a class 4 laser.

You might also want to contact the FAA to verify what's the classification for the sky above where you want to use your laser. Class G means you don't have to worry too much, but as you scale towards class A you might want to ask more questions re: usual flight plans.

You don't seem to understand the power a 2W laser packs. PPE not really necessary if you're "very careful" and basically only a recommendation? There is no MPE with class 4 lasers, but heh, you can just ignore that. Still waiting on you to explain to me how you'll keep yourself and those around you safe, especially with regards to IR bleed through.

Now, with all this, if you don't understand how you can get slapped by anything between public nuisance charge and felonious assault, depending on the recklessness you show, the injuries you inflict and the rest of the context of any incident bound to happen unless you take that 2W laser extremely fucking seriously, I don't know what to tell you.
bitlover

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 12:40:28 AM

You don't seem to understand the power a 2W laser packs. PPE not really necessary if you're "very careful" and basically only a recommendation? There is no MPE with class 4 lasers, but heh, you can just ignore that. Still waiting on you to explain to me how you'll keep yourself and those around you safe, especially with regards to IR bleed through.

Now, with all this, if you don't understand how you can get slapped by anything between public nuisance charge and felonious assault, depending on the recklessness you show, the injuries you inflict and the rest of the context of any incident bound to happen unless you take that 2W laser extremely fucking seriously, I don't know what to tell you.

Look, we understand perfectly how much power a 2W laser packs. It's 2 watts (duh!). The naked lightbulb right on top of me is 30 times as powerful and I don't see the OSHA and FBI busting down my door anytime soon.  Heck, my mining rig consumes around 20 kiloWatts, now that is some power. I had to replace my blown fuses with a couple of screwdrivers but it is fine because I did it very carefully and won't be shining any laser at the breaker box (also, the handle of the screwdrivers is made of wood). Sometimes sparks fly out, I did my research and that means that my rig found a good hash and is celebrating.
surebet

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:31:23 AM

For a moment I thought that was real.
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 07:53:30 AM

It's 2 watts (duh!). The naked lightbulb right on top of me is 30 times as powerful and I don't see the OSHA and FBI busting down my door anytime soon.

Your light bulb is pretty awesome if it has 30 time more light output than a 2W laser  Cheesy

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 06:54:37 PM

a relatively benign application is a 2D router laser cutter.
Jeez... I wonder how difficult it'd be to rig up a device which just needs a level above-ground surface to mount the laser onto to be guided on to cut gypsum drywall (can it be burned through like that, even?). It can't be any more difficult than it is for me to trace it and cut with a dremel. I screw it up every freakin' time. Flooring would look like crap if I didn't get to stuff the edges under trim and the toilet. I always measure twice, so I must be fucking up thrice. Cheesy
Campsis (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

WW3

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:03:25 PM

bump, still got 1 to sell

surebet

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:08:40 PM

a relatively benign application is a 2D router laser cutter.
Jeez... I wonder how difficult it'd be to rig up a device which just needs a level above-ground surface to mount the laser onto to be guided on to cut gypsum drywall (can it be burned through like that, even?). It can't be any more difficult than it is for me to trace it and cut with a dremel. I screw it up every freakin' time. Flooring would look like crap if I didn't get to stuff the edges under trim and the toilet. I always measure twice, so I must be fucking up thrice. Cheesy

Not cost efficient:
http://www.ijens.org/vol_11_i_06/118006-3535-ijmme-ijens.pdf

Also the setup you'd need to work on a 4*8 or whatever surface goes beyond the usual hobbyist stuff unfortunately.
Maidak
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1058

The OGz Club

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:27:17 PM

If you still have one of those 2000mw green lasers for sale send me a PM i'll buy one this seems like it'll be fun to play around with.

.The OGz Club.▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
......The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project......
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
conb123

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 10:11:33 AM

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM HIM, just search through the forums and you will find other reports of him trying to scam. I lost .5 BTC to this guy do not trade with him!!!!
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 12:19:32 AM

Sorry for those that bought one, but it doesn't seem like you'll be getting anything. Look through this guy's dodgy requests and there are just too many inconsistencies. There's absolutely no proof he even owns or tested any of the lasers here. I was very close to getting one too.

zhinkk

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 12:49:59 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2014, 01:01:40 AM by zhinkk

Sorry for those that bought one, but it doesn't seem like you'll be getting anything. Look through this guy's dodgy requests and there are just too many inconsistencies. There's absolutely no proof he even owns or tested any of the lasers here. I was very close to getting one too.

The one dude that ordered the 2W one got a tracking number. I pmed him and he told me it's moving along. So either he's getting a laser or he's getting an empty box. Also, I did see campsis say he was selling his account. I wonder if it has a new owner. He didn't reply to my pm when I asked if we could do escrow for the laser.

EDIT: Two users have "bought" lasers from him:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=354568

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=352322

Both have <5 posts. I'm so glad I didn't purchase this dude's laser. All of you people who were warning us about the dangers of these class 4 lasers did more than just keep our eyes safe, you kept our wallets safe lol. Thank you.
Rub3n

Activity: 563
Merit: 501

S> Cheap SocialMedia Hype's

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 01:31:39 AM

Just to end it with the lack of information. Just zero, except the price.

zhinkk

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 01:35:50 AM

Just to end it with the lack of information. Just zero, except the price.

Well, he did have the original thread with pictures/info/things of that sort, he just edited it after the accusations.
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 02:28:37 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2014, 02:41:22 AM by DebitMe

I do have a tracking number from China.  EMS said it was shipped to Chicago Sort Facility.  Does anyone know if its possible to track packages after they have left EMS and gotten to the states?

EDIT:  I can't decide if I was scammed or not.  His actions are very sketchy to say the least.  The 2 "customers' who left feedback are definitely suspect, but if he is a scammer, he isn't very good as he is selling under $10 equipment besides the lasers.  It did seem fishy to me though that he messaged me a little while after I got the shipping number and said he had 3 more if I wanted another, I said possibly if he would hold that price for me I would after I got this one, but he never responded, then the next day I asked if he still had it (just fishing for info, wasn't going to give more money until I at least got this one), and still didn't get a reply.  So if he is scamming, he doesn't seem to be very good at it.  IDK, it just baffles me, hopefully a laser will arrive, I am split about 50/50 on whether it will or not.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
zhinkk

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:02:59 AM

I do have a tracking number from China.  EMS said it was shipped to Chicago Sort Facility.  Does anyone know if its possible to track packages after they have left EMS and gotten to the states?

EDIT:  I can't decide if I was scammed or not.  His actions are very sketchy to say the least.  The 2 "customers' who left feedback are definitely suspect, but if he is a scammer, he isn't very good as he is selling under $10 equipment besides the lasers.  It did seem fishy to me though that he messaged me a little while after I got the shipping number and said he had 3 more if I wanted another, I said possibly if he would hold that price for me I would after I got this one, but he never responded, then the next day I asked if he still had it (just fishing for info, wasn't going to give more money until I at least got this one), and still didn't get a reply.  So if he is scamming, he doesn't seem to be very good at it.  IDK, it just baffles me, hopefully a laser will arrive, I am split about 50/50 on whether it will or not.

I really hope you get it man, that's quite a bit of money to just lose like that. :/ Campsis's actions just seemed shady all around, but I agree, he was selling things like pepper spray and such. Seems silly to scam over that.
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 05:54:18 AM

Yeah hope you get actually get the package. Your transaction will make or break him as being legit or not once you confirm. I was on the verge of getting one, but I didn't want to be the guinea pig.

zhinkk

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 01:42:02 PM

Yeah hope you get actually get the package. Your transaction will make or break him as being legit or not once you confirm. I was on the verge of getting one, but I didn't want to be the guinea pig.

I mean, even if he gets it we should avoid campsis at all costs. He ignored me when I asked him about escrow.
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 09:44:04 PM

He is a scammer, my package arrived and it was some rinky dink $5 laser pointer.  Do not do any business with him.  Just glad he didn't get much out of me, hopefully he didn't get anything from anyone else.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:00:14 PM

He is a scammer, my package arrived and it was some rinky dink $5 laser pointer.  Do not do any business with him.  Just glad he didn't get much out of me, hopefully he didn't get anything from anyone else.

Can you post picture of laser to see what reality is to what OP was selling?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: