Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 03:03:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NewEgg accepting BTC!?  (Read 7280 times)
montreal

Activity: 328
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 02:04:09 AM

Great news, I love how they added the btc background banner on the homepage and some information on btc. Newegg gets millions of unique visitors monthly, surely this will get some more people curious about bitcoin. 

DAEX ◄► RELIABLE CLEARING ECOSYSTEM ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ANNWHITEPAPERBOUNTY 
Skele

Activity: 224

VocalPlatform.com

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 02:07:47 AM

With overstock and newegg accepting Bitcoin we are sure to have prices go into the thousands by the end of the year.
Adding Wall Street, and oil trading, those thousands will be millions !
factor280

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 02:23:10 AM

All this great momentum for bitcoin! I need more freakin coins!

Sig Space for Rent! PM Me.
leezay

Activity: 363

SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 03:41:44 AM

1-800 flower also accepting bitcoin.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 03:47:47 AM

Didn't Overstock send the price up by $100 or something?  Newegg news is way bigger

We have to wait for the news to be properly confirmed first, so far this is only a rumour, when we see them actively using it on their checkout then it's news, the problem with these websites that suddenly declare they accept Bitcoin is they do a pretty poor job of showing it.
relm9

Activity: 840

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 03:52:53 AM

Didn't Overstock send the price up by $100 or something?  Newegg news is way bigger

We have to wait for the news to be properly confirmed first, so far this is only a rumour, when we see them actively using it on their checkout then it's news, the problem with these websites that suddenly declare they accept Bitcoin is they do a pretty poor job of showing it.

What? It is implemented, in fact Bitcoin is the first option available on their checkout screen.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 03:57:27 AM
Last edit: July 02, 2014, 04:16:21 AM by Lethn

Do you have to log in and register? Sad Like I said, they're pretty poor at showing it, I had to point out to scan.co.uk they had left bits of their website without the Bitcoin logo on it though that seemed more of an honest mistake than anything deliberate.
DannyElfman

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 04:28:04 AM

http://www.coindesk.com/online-retail-giant-newegg-now-accepts-bitcoin/

It is confirmed that they are starting to accept bitcoin

This spot for rent.
Cicero2.0

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

★☆★Bitin.io★☆★

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 04:33:22 AM

I am somewhat embarassed to admit that I don't know what newegg is. I will find out now obviously. Never been a tech savvy person.

beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 04:37:29 AM

I am somewhat embarassed to admit that I don't know what newegg is. I will find out now obviously. Never been a tech savvy person.

understandable especially if you don't live in the US or canada. if you do live in one of those countries, then you must be an old guy to not know what newegg is.
relm9

Activity: 840

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 04:39:01 AM

Do you have to log in and register? Sad Like I said, they're pretty poor at showing it, I had to point out to scan.co.uk they had left bits of their website without the Bitcoin logo on it though that seemed more of an honest mistake than anything deliberate.

I dunno, there's also a big background on the front page that says 'Pay with Bitcoin - Learn How'. Not sure how you'd miss that, maybe it isn't showing yet for everyone...

If you're in the UK, could be why as the background might be geotargeted I guess.
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 04:52:54 AM

No it's hype buying.

Technically speaking - the more liquidity in Bitcoin the more the price will decline.  Merchants, when they get their hand on BTC, will dump to get $Fiat to pay their overhead, employees and taxation obligations.  Newegg does $25 billion in revenue but only has like $22 million in net income, so any BTC they get they'll be dumping within minutes.
You're missing the bigger picture here - it's not about liquidity, it's about Bitcoin's market share of all wealth in the world.

Every new business that accepts Bitcoin as a form of payment adds value by adding UTILITY to the currency - when this is public and major FURTHER value is added as more people realize this isn't some fad, and investment continues to increase.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
DannyElfman

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:27:34 AM

No it's hype buying.

Technically speaking - the more liquidity in Bitcoin the more the price will decline.  Merchants, when they get their hand on BTC, will dump to get $Fiat to pay their overhead, employees and taxation obligations.  Newegg does $25 billion in revenue but only has like $22 million in net income, so any BTC they get they'll be dumping within minutes.
You're missing the bigger picture here - it's not about liquidity, it's about Bitcoin's market share of all wealth in the world.

Every new business that accepts Bitcoin as a form of payment adds value by adding UTILITY to the currency - when this is public and major FURTHER value is added as more people realize this isn't some fad, and investment continues to increase.
This is true. The more people that use bitcoin the more legit of a form of payment it will become, which means more merchants will start to accept it, which means more people will use it and the cycle will continue.

Once enough people start to accept bitcoin merchants will be able to pay their suppliers and other bills in bitcoin

This spot for rent.
AdamSmith

Activity: 142

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:23:53 AM

No it's hype buying.

This is true. The more people that use bitcoin the more legit of a form of payment it will become, which means more merchants will start to accept it, which means more people will use it and the cycle will continue.

Once enough people start to accept bitcoin merchants will be able to pay their suppliers and other bills in bitcoin

Not only that. Since bitcoin is price in USD, as USD losing its market share and BTC gaining market share, it has a double positive effect on btc.
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:26:55 AM

More adoption and more recognition gives Bitcoin validation

Can't wait for the day Amazon accept BTC
Grinder
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:51:09 AM

I dunno, there's also a big background on the front page that says 'Pay with Bitcoin - Learn How'. Not sure how you'd miss that, maybe it isn't showing yet for everyone...

I was sure I saw that once. It has never appeared again, though, even when I've tried different browser and different IPs. I was wondering if I had only been dreaming.

It's interesting that this would be huge news a year ago, but there has been good news so frequently that now it's almost ignored by mainstream media. It's just a constant trickle, which hopefully will make it slip into the usage of "common" people without them even noticing. BitPay is doing a great job for this on the business side, but we still need something similar on the consumer side.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 08:49:15 AM

I'm waiting for the likes of Amazon and Ebay, although this is great news.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:04:45 AM

er how to promote btc by setting aside some usd for that future newegg laptop (as an example)

or 'how to use usd and btc and pulling the trigger so to speak"

for you organized and far planning folk

.....buy bitcoin on coinbase...hope/wait for next rise (the usd you bought btc for at least mentally was for the old say laptop purchase on newegg) ...bide your time...

viola ..you have taken the usd you would have paid for the laptop on newegg.com but you waited..if really lucky btc goes up 1/3 on this set aside usd for a laptop..you make a killing

(too much planning)

but hey it is possilbe (if you are all like us and believe btc will go up ) kinda a btc 'faith/growth' kinda deal 'washing' your USD you'd use to buy laptop anyway in more valuable (hopefully) btc when you pull the trigger and get it from newegg...call it "get a coupon for ??>?  off via btc timing"

again I impulse buy so it won't work...for those of you with OCD it will work just grand......  Smiley

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 09:10:30 AM

If only they had this at the end of last year or beginning of this year. I could have bought a bunch of mining equipment with them for scrypt mining, then use the proceeds to buy more mining equipment.

JohnFromWIT

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 11:14:06 AM

Is it US only so far?
I see no mention of it on the UK and Australia sites.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: