Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:37:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: altcoins and btc  (Read 1326 times)
sadghost909 (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 01:55:11 PM

Does the quality and count  of new crypto-currencies affect on the bitcoin price?

If it really does, then how?
BTMan

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

BTMan

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 01:55:59 PM

HuhHuh?

ANN Monitor System http://ann.ymq123.com  (chrome Or IE7-IE9)
Donation BTC: 1F4zvgxAqpbCktYp8oKeupjY2oL3JWVFa3      QQ Group: 229207518
ANN监控系统创世帖 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=657764.0
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 01:57:39 PM

Does the quality and count  of new crypto-currencies affect on the bitcoin price?

no. toy exchanges are not directly linked to the BTC/fiat markets - however, they may have an influence when miners sell off altcoins to buy BTC for the purpose of converting to fiat currencies, as the price which that BTC is sold will have an impact (if even small) on the prices

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 01:58:39 PM

I'm sure it affects it, but I don't think it's possible to know how.

Some crappy coins will give a bad impression of all crypto currencies, including BTC.

But some coins (even some crappy ones) can introduce new people to the crypto world, and eventually they'll learn about Bitcoin.

So, not sure if it affects up or down.

primer-
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:00:37 PM

Of course alts influence btc price, why do you think current price is $655 ? Slimcoin my friend, Slimcoin!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=613213.new#new
Kergekoin

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:07:52 PM

Alts have an effect by making the BTC more stable and have less/smaller spike effects. Simply because alts are traded against BTC and this generates a deeper market.
Some major alts like LTC and DOGE can also have small effect on BTC price, but not too much.

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
shai_

Activity: 728

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:19:21 PM

hmm
can one of the altcoins surpass bitcoin's market cap ?

Perl++

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:20:04 PM

Yes the bitcoin price is affected, because people prefer to invest in altcoins for increases their profits.
sadghost909 (OP)

Activity: 8

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:20:52 PM

thanks for answers

if I'm wrong, please correct
effect depends only on conversions between btc and some altcoin, and this effect is very small
romeshomey

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:40:14 PM

No. 

Although without alt coins a large percentage of people using, holding, and knowing about crypto currencies would not exist today...
bc_wwang

Activity: 34

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:05:53 PM

we are not sure the futrue of btc and the altercoin. Do you think btc will defeat all the altcoin?
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:26:48 PM

Yes the bitcoin price is affected, because people prefer to invest in altcoins for increases their profits.

How does that affect the USD market cap for bitcoin? Bitcoins aren't being sold for USD to buy altcoins.

If we get to a point where people are buying altcoins for USD then yeah that could have an effect.
Crypto_123

Activity: 38

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 05:04:32 PM

Alts have an effect by making the BTC more stable and have less/smaller spike effects. Simply because alts are traded against BTC and this generates a deeper market.
Some major alts like LTC and DOGE can also have small effect on BTC price, but not too much.

Only when you think of different crypto coins serving different purposes, it would lead to a higher overall market cap of crypto coins and therefore to a deepening of the market. By increasing the market cap of all crypto coins and introducing auto mining and trading mechanisms like the one of www.genesis-mining.com the price of bitcoin could be stabilized. This mechanisms mine the most profitable altcoins and exchanged them to bitcoin. Introducing a perfect market Smiley
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 05:46:42 PM

Only when you think of different crypto coins serving different purposes, it would lead to a higher overall market cap of crypto coins and therefore to a deepening of the market. By increasing the market cap of all crypto coins and introducing auto mining and trading mechanisms like the one of www.genesis-mining.com the price of bitcoin could be stabilized. This mechanisms mine the most profitable altcoins and exchanged them to bitcoin. Introducing a perfect market Smiley

I'm I don't quite see what you mean here. Why would that lead to the stabilization of bitcoin? And why does miners hopping around drastically changing the hash on different networks help?
Crypto_123

Activity: 38

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:05:13 PM

I'm I don't quite see what you mean here. Why would that lead to the stabilization of bitcoin? And why does miners hopping around drastically changing the hash on different networks help?

Because it can cause a "deepening" of the market. The higher the market cap the lower the volatility since the impact if single transactions decreases. Whether the drastically changing hoppers stabalize or destabilize is a good question.. Think of high frequency trading (super computers which predict stock prices by using past price developments http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-frequency_trading) On the one hand it smoothens market imperfections on the other hand it might cause significant price jumps.
boxuser

Activity: 322

Credits CRD 1st Decentralized Exchange coin

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:39:33 AM

i do not think so

XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:03:54 PM

Does the quality and count  of new crypto-currencies affect on the bitcoin price?

Alt market is currently overloaded IMO :-)...
But at the end 0.1% of them will create something BIG.

After any successful coin whole shit is starting again...
Ltc -alt spam
Doge - alt spam
Blackcoin - alt spam
DRK - alt anon spam
what next ?
no one know all want get +1000% income in week but not many improve existing coins...

BTC will remain king of crypto for a while Smiley... soome day will me like e-gold while others will be in use.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
CounterStrike

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:35:40 PM

It does affect one way or other, alt-coin pump and dump causes many of my friend to think cryptocurrency is a scam.
Equate

Activity: 770

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:45:09 PM

Bitcoin price does affect the price of altcoins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: