Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 02:15:46 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What would be a good coin for a beginner ?  (Read 684 times)
Aquilo (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:59:10 PM

I only mined Drkpool for a couple of days and got 0.001639 drk, well no I didn't. darkcoin shut down the pool and those that I got for mining are just dust in the wind! since I don't think I will give darkcoins another look over my shoulder... What is a good prospect for CPU mining? I could do GPU/IGP on my laptop but cpu mining is better, if all the vanitygen tries I have done shows me. I only mine about 130k/s with cpu but it's double what it get's from this integrated amd radeon hd 6310.

I don't want to get involved with a coin that folds up shop after a week of me showing interest, so any good coins to mine? is dogecoin worth mining with a small computer that is just to make a start in a coin? I have about 440 dogecoin and get more from freedoge.co.in...

or is Darkcoin going to go anywhere? should i consider 0.001639 drk a donation to darkcoin.oi and start over in a different pool? IDK if darkcoin will do much, the whole thing about losing those darkcoin is the super high transaction fees 0.001 drk. the transaction fee is the same as what i have lol.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4144
Merit: 1637

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 05:14:30 PM

You're in the bitcoin section so we only mine bitcoin... but I'll move the thread for you since you're interested in other coins.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
bigreddmachine

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:30:44 PM

Reddcoin is pretty beginner friendly, as is Dogecoin.  Both would be good for if you want to mine whole coins rather than fractions.  Doge is bigger, Reddcoin is younger.
amacar

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 10:38:24 PM

I think it is better to stop mining and just scout for free coins that you get from giveaways.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: