Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:43:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What should we do with any left over stakes if we don't reach ~3000 stakeholders
Distribute to existing stakeholders
Use to pay for bounties & developers
Keep in trust for later distribution

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Kora:: What should we do with left over stakes?  (Read 5514 times)
griffinriz

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 10:46:04 AM

Split them equally for all these three purposes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 10:49:51 AM

Repeating i would say:

Split them between the 3 choices about equally.
Coinsy

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 01:04:33 PM

Obviously everyone is going to want a larger stake, but most don't realize that the developers are what make your coin worth anything. Distribute to developers.
schnötzel
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1041

Bitcoin is a bit**

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 01:13:33 PM

Repeating i would say:

Split them between the 3 choices about equally.

+1
gorillajam

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

win

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:16:10 PM

Take them over as bounties etc and when everyone least expects it and the price is decent sell them off and book a flight to Bali.

Oh sorry you asked what we should do, I thought you wanted to know what we thought you were going to.

PL_CoinTrader

Activity: 226

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:50:46 PM

Of course most people want to distribute the remaining stakes to the current stakeholders. Cheesy But it would be more wise to put more Kora in bounties and to pay more devs. That's more important than having even richer stakeholders.

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
Mac Red

Activity: 299
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 04:00:53 PM

Perhaps some kind of mix would be good.

For example,

1. A person who joins now would get more than someone who'd come in later
2. We could set aside some of it for further development and bounties
3. We could open form again later and distribute to some extra people, getting even more support

That's my take on it anyway.
Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 04:01:49 PM

Perhaps some kind of mix would be good.

For example,

1. A person who joins now would get more than someone who'd come in later
2. We could set aside some of it for further development and bounties
3. We could open form again later and distribute to some extra people, getting even more support

That's my take on it anyway.

Balanced approach would be best in my opinion.
Momimaus

Activity: 767

Never back down !!!

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 05:34:07 PM

73% for "Distribute to existing stakeholders"

not much more to say

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:48:49 PM

Of course most people want to distribute the remaining stakes to the current stakeholders. Cheesy But it would be more wise to put more Kora in bounties and to pay more devs. That's more important than having even richer stakeholders.

This. The vote is simply people being greedy.
lemfuture

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 08:54:44 PM

stake holders already have a stake, it wont help the coin in anyway
i chose 3rd, 2nd is good too

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
Kora (OP)

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 12:57:20 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2014, 01:23:12 AM by Kora

This. The vote is simply people being greedy.

I made my thoughts known at the start of the poll, but the result of the poll is clear, and people prefer to distribute left over stakes to existing Kora community members. I can live with that!

IMO it is obvious that a smaller slice from a bigger pie is *probably* going to be larger than a bigger slice from a smaller pie. A larger pie is best achieved by:

1- increasing the number of stakeholders by keeping left over stakes in trust for distribution at a later date
2- using the left over stakes to pay for development bounties

But that's just my opinion, and most people clearly think differently.

What would the Poll result be if we included 'combination' options that included splitting the left over stakes into 2 or more of the original options?

Poll options would be something like this:

1- increase stakes for existing stakeholders
2- use for dev bounties
3- keep in trust for later distribution
4- 1 & 2
5- 2 & 3
6- 1 & 3
7- 1 & 2 & 3

I know it's a bit complicated, but it would be good to try and get the best 'bang for our buck' from any left-over stakes, and even though distributing to existing stakeholders is the clear winner, we might get a different answer if we include combinations in the Poll.

Should we have another Poll, or go with the clear winner?

ARGpentem

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 01:34:26 AM

So what's the likely number of stakeholders ? Keep in mind that 50% has been reserved for multiple forms of bounties and development shares. So my vote is for giving to current stakeholders. There isn't a need for that much coin under a centralized control. NEM has only 25% under a centralized control and people are already complaining bloody hell.

A freedom fighter. Stop all your bull shit !
xyzzyx

Activity: 490

I don't really come from outer space.

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 02:03:41 AM

I made my thoughts known at the start of the poll, but the result of the poll is clear, and people prefer to distribute left over stakes to existing Kora community members. I can live with that!

IMO it is obvious that a smaller slice from a bigger pie is *probably* going to be larger than a bigger slice from a smaller pie. A larger pie is best achieved by:

1- increasing the number of stakeholders by keeping left over stakes in trust for distribution at a later date
2- using the left over stakes to pay for development bounties

But that's just my opinion, and most people clearly think differently.

One's answer to the poll may be different depending on one's strategy for accumulating wealth.

If one wishes to get most profit in the quickest way possible (dump), then option 1 would be best as it would give one more to sell at once.

If one wishes to grow their wealth (hold), either of two or three would be best as they would allow for meeting challenges as they arise.

"An awful lot of code is being written ... in languages that aren't very good by people who don't know what they're doing." -- Barbara Liskov
platorin

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 09:20:11 AM

Distribute among those, who have already applied and been verified.
twospirit

Activity: 502

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 10:48:45 AM

Dump it
Momimaus

Activity: 767

Never back down !!!

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:29:36 AM

So what's the likely number of stakeholders ? Keep in mind that 50% has been reserved for multiple forms of bounties and development shares. So my vote is for giving to current stakeholders. There isn't a need for that much coin under a centralized control. NEM has only 25% under a centralized control and people are already complaining bloody hell.

agree

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
Kora (OP)

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 02:18:46 AM

agree

By design we have devoted a high proportion of stakes to dev shares and bounties, so the choice for me over what to do with left over stakes is really between:

1- giving them to existing stakeholders
2- giving them to future stakeholders

I personally favour 'future stakeholders' - Imagine the marketing potential of opening up registrations for free stakes in a few months when Kora is better known and has generated interest from the wider crypto community. It would be something unique in the crypto landscape - not an auction, or a sale - but another method of giving away a large number of free stakes. It would be a very powerful marketing tool, and as the Kora tokens distributed from round 1 will have been traded on the NXT AE for a while, we will know exactly how much each stake is worth.

Kora coin giving away ~1500 stakes worth $XXX.XX each!

Imagine if NEM was able to give away ~1500 NEM stakes before they released their beta version to the public? We know a NEM stake is worth ~25,000 NXT. What an amazing marketing opportunity, and think of all the ways you could do this to generate interest, and promote the core values of 'Kora' coin!

- some free stakes for charity
- some free stakes given away randomly in a lottery
- some free stakes to people offering to do useful tasks for the community

Remember, Kora is very small now but that will change. nioccoin has started to outline his plans for the tech side just in the last few days. Imagine where we'll be in 2-3 months time?

The question for existing stakeholders is would the original stake actually be worth more in the long run from having the 'potential' options described above available to us?

IMO our greatest asset right now is the number of interested people following Kora who *might* be interested enough to get involved. Offering free stakes in a new coin is easy, and I'm not surprised that we hit 1000 stakeholders quite quickly. But how many of those ~1000 people will stick around and stay involved over the medium & longer term? That's what we need to bootstrap Kora - an active community. The 25% for power bounties is a nice motivating 'honey pot' to get people thinking about 'doing things', but first and foremost we need lots of stakeholders.

What about a 50:50 split? We give half the left over stakes to existing stakeholders, and save the other 50% for later distribution in a 'round 2'.

helloge
Legendary

Activity: 1057
Merit: 1000

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 03:14:23 AM

agree

By design we have devoted a high proportion of stakes to dev shares and bounties, so the choice for me over what to do with left over stakes is really between:

1- giving them to existing stakeholders
2- giving them to future stakeholders

I personally favour 'future stakeholders' - Imagine the marketing potential of opening up registrations for free stakes in a few months when Kora is better known and has generated interest from the wider crypto community. It would be something unique in the crypto landscape - not an auction, or a sale - but another method of giving away a large number of free stakes. It would be a very powerful marketing tool, and as the Kora tokens distributed from round 1 will have been traded on the NXT AE for a while, we will know exactly how much each stake is worth.

Kora coin giving away ~1500 stakes worth $XXX.XX each!

Imagine if NEM was able to give away ~1500 NEM stakes before they released their beta version to the public? We know a NEM stake is worth ~25,000 NXT. What an amazing marketing opportunity, and think of all the ways you could do this to generate interest, and promote the core values of 'Kora' coin!

- some free stakes for charity
- some free stakes given away randomly in a lottery
- some free stakes to people offering to do useful tasks for the community

Remember, Kora is very small now but that will change. nioccoin has started to outline his plans for the tech side just in the last few days. Imagine where we'll be in 2-3 months time?

The question for existing stakeholders is would the original stake actually be worth more in the long run from having the 'potential' options described above available to us?

IMO our greatest asset right now is the number of interested people following Kora who *might* be interested enough to get involved. Offering free stakes in a new coin is easy, and I'm not surprised that we hit 1000 stakeholders quite quickly. But how many of those ~1000 people will stick around and stay involved over the medium & longer term? That's what we need to bootstrap Kora - an active community. The 25% for power bounties is a nice motivating 'honey pot' to get people thinking about 'doing things', but first and foremost we need lots of stakeholders.

What about a 50:50 split? We give half the left over stakes to existing stakeholders, and save the other 50% for later distribution in a 'round 2'.
so many people vot for the 1- giving them to existing stakeholders,
why u still sitck for 5:5 split?
obviously it is not fair for the early bird to resgiter,
IMO, it is better for 8:2,good for the first round people.

▄▄███▄▄             
            ███████████           
     ▄▄███▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄███▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄    ███████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
     ▄▄███▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄███▄▄   
   ███████████▄▄     ███████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀   
         ▀▀█████████████▄▄       
     ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀█████████████▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄ ▀▀████████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄ ▀▀█████▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
             ▀▀█████▀▀           

.CARDSTACK..............
...The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..Bringing scalability and usability to....
..dApps for mass market adoption......
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..TOKEN EVENT      .GET ON WHITELIST.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---Twitter   ⦁   Telegram   ⦁   Blog   ⦁   Bitcointalk----
lexicon

Activity: 279

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 03:18:45 AM

I prefer to distribute them among all existing stakeholders. I believe that a percentage of coins reserved for development that is too high will not benefit the image of the coin. Too much coins in the hands of developers is always countered by suspicion...
On the other hand everyone should realise that a crucial aspect of a coin's future lies in continuing development!

So I think we should all commit to contribute to bounties if the coins get distributed over the existing stakeholders. ( I know , I 'm a little naive  Cheesy )

Let's definitely keep a good percentage for bounties and development, thats a must if ya ask myself.

BUT TOO MUCH = NO COIN

Have the community decide how much we need for bounties and development then split the rest among the stakeholders.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: