Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:33:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How does it feel usa ?  (Read 1308 times)
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:35:34 PM

What's this world cup everyone's been talking about?

It's the championship of a game they call football worldwide except in North America where it's called soccer.

In Europe grown men play it and it causes riots. In North America soccer moms take their little girls to play it.

Bodily contact is not allowed but if it happens it usually leads to rolling around on the field with one's knees clasped to one's chest until a penalty is called and then jumping up smiling and laughing as if nothing happened.

I hope that helped.  Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Cool

Real football is about kicking a ball with your foot, like the name would imply.

American football (a.k.a handegg) is about playing with an egg shaped 'ball' and using mostly your hands. And because of the uncivilized nature of USA it also involves lot of physical contact, because they have to vent their aggression somewhere.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 05:59:23 PM

It's the championship of a game they call football worldwide except in North America where it's called soccer.

In Europe grown men play it and it causes riots. In North America soccer moms take their little girls to play it.

Bodily contact is not allowed but if it happens it usually leads to rolling around on the field with one's knees clasped to one's chest until a penalty is called and then jumping up smiling and laughing as if nothing happened.

Real football is about kicking a ball with your foot, like the name would imply.

American football (a.k.a handegg) is about playing with an egg shaped 'ball' and using mostly your hands. And because of the uncivilized nature of USA it also involves lot of physical contact, because they have to vent their aggression somewhere.

+1. American football has serious drawbacks. A lot of those poor players suffer brain damage and horrendous injuries for the enjoyment of alcohol-crazed spectators. What's worse are those college players mostly from ghettos that suffer and don't even make a dime out of it, while the universities milk in the millions.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
Baitty

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 06:19:39 PM

+1. American football has serious drawbacks. A lot of those poor players suffer brain damage and horrendous injuries for the enjoyment of alcohol-crazed spectators. What's worse are those college players mostly from ghettos that suffer and don't even make a dime out of it, while the universities milk in the millions.

I agree its a silly sport where almost anything is allowed most players are thugs who went to on to play professional.

nickenburg

Activity: 434
Merit: 511

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:40:21 PM

I think you can be proud that the Usa advanced the group stage.
Last World cup they also showed some promising football.
This World cup they showed some good football and willpower.
So maybe next World cup you have a new starplayer and reach the finals!
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 08:00:19 PM

what was the score?  did we get raped that hard or something? lol.

Baitty

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 08:21:44 PM

I agree that USA played well and gave up a fight. But I honestly believe that was because belgium started to switch off after the 2nd goal they scored. They dominated the whole game and usa started to come back in the least 10 minutes.

zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 02:46:22 AM

I think you can be proud that the Usa advanced the group stage.
Last World cup they also showed some promising football.
This World cup they showed some good football and willpower.
So maybe next World cup you have a new starplayer and reach the finals!

Finals? Unlikely, many counties that have way more experience and a larger pool,of motivated players and a better teamplay (1 or 2 good players mean nothing, even 11 good players mean nothing, it's about the teamwork) have tried and failed.

Mostly it's Brazil, Spain, Portugal, France, Italy, Germany and the Netherlands that make it to the finals. And the occasional others but usually a South American or European country because they have far more experience.

They will need several years to even come close to the level of experience needed to even stand a chance to reach semi finals. And on top of that they need a serious training in what this word 'team play' means. Altough they are lucky in that, many countries struggle with being a team lately.
lemfuture

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 02:48:04 AM

beaten by belgium in world cup.
Fuck you
y u mad bro

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
FFrost

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 03:56:07 AM

The USA did better than England  Embarrassed so should be proud.
Initscri

Activity: 1540
Merit: 759

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 07:44:58 AM

Made me lol, never understood why the US is so bad at soccer  Huh

murica sucks at everything. Even stealing oil and printing money.

Then take a challenge. Stop using everything made by an American and see how long you last. This includes Google ( Android too ), Reddit.

Troll be trollin'.

----------------------------------
Web Developer. PM for details.
----------------------------------
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 08:44:59 AM

beaten by belgium in world cup.
Fuck you

Here, have a waffle.  Roll Eyes

Even though we had more excitement with this event than we've seen in a long time, Soccer in the US seems to have lost some steam since the Beckham days.  I think AYSO said it won't see much of an uptick these next 3 years.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: