Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:04:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The AR-15 bitcoin project *finished*  (Read 8421 times)
tonto (OP)

Activity: 609
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2012, 11:46:05 PM

If there's a joke in there somewhere, I'm too stupid to see it.  What's the punch line?

Bail and legal defense fund placeholder.  Cheesy

I was thinking the same thing. He wants a record of the transactions so the ADA’s case is a slam dunk. Will there be a separate thread listing the chronology of the crimes committed with said weapon or will that just be posted here as well? lol

I appreciate the humor, but where I live, I can order everything I need (except the lower, which i've already purchased from a dealer) shipped to my door, and be completely legal.  I love living in the middle of nowhere. Wink

Well those rabbits in you back woods are sure gonna be pissed when you get this assault rifle complete. Make sure to test it with a rubber band to guarantee it can be bump-fired like a full automatic US Army issued M-16.  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Eveofwar

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2012, 11:50:11 PM

You'll have to forgive him...he resides in California.  They are different people there...

If there's a joke in there somewhere, I'm too stupid to see it.  What's the punch line?

I was thinking the same thing. He wants a record of the transactions so the ADA’s case is a slam dunk. Will there be a separate thread listing the chronology of the crimes committed with said weapon or will that just be posted here as well? lol

I appreciate the humor, but where I live, I can order everything I need (except the lower, which i've already purchased from a dealer) shipped to my door, and be completely legal.  I love living in the middle of nowhere. Wink

Well those rabbits in you back woods are sure gonna be pissed when you get this assault rifle complete. Make sure to test it with a rubber band to guarantee it can be bump-fired like a full automatic US Army issued M-16.  Grin
kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 12:06:33 AM

lower receiver assembly placeholder

This is the only AR-15 part that would legally require a background check in USA.

If someone has a 3D printer they could print one, though I don't know how well it would work:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:11770

This^ .. there should be an open project to reproduce every part. Was thinking something like a glock would be easier to start with though.

I'm not aware of any 3d printing methods capable of producing a working lower.  At least not working in the sense that you could use it more than once.  I don't think that even laser sintering is up to it just yet.  Maybe in a few years.

If you are going to do it yourself today, you want to go here and read up while you wait for your Sherline to ship.

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
Eveofwar

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 12:55:33 AM

That you'll end up with a lot of fire power to hunt with when you’re done; unless of course you’re hunting people (which was my first joke). Then that weapon is perfect as that's what it was designed for originally. Good luck with your project.

I suppose it would be outrageous to assume it could be used for defending his loved ones against aggressive individuals carrying their own weapons while trespassing inside his home?

Nah, you're right, his writing style screams cold blooded murderer to me...   Roll Eyes

Certainly they can be used for personal defense. I use a .50 BMG for home defense myself because I don’t just want to stop them I prefer to cut them completely in half with just a few rounds. More cost effective in the long run.

I realize it's funny for you, but when intruders are actually in your home, it's a different story. Obviously you used .50 BMG to be ridiculous, but 5.56 is entirely suitable for the job. Since you want to go to extremes, how about you use a sharp stick to defend your wife and children against three armed intruders carrying Glock 17s?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=67427.msg785318#msg785318 - I stand by my post.
stevegee58
Legendary

Activity: 916
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 12:59:15 AM

Guys, you're being trolled by anti-gun people.

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 01:34:00 AM

Actually I think for ease of use another Glock 17 would be more suitable for home defense than an assault rifle. Now, if you’re going to war that’s another story. I think there’s a better argument for hunting with an assault rifle than for home defense with one.

Many of the people that use this forum are from countries where you can’t even own one and are probably shocked that we even have the option to have a military weapon at home.  Never mind they probably think Yanks all nuts anyway.  

I appreciate that you consider a Glock 17 suitable for your home defense weapon. Can you appreciate that I would prefer something I consider more suitable for mine? You wouldn't deny me the choice, would you? Body armor is relatively cheap, easy to obtain, and very effective against 9mm and not all criminals are suicidal morons.
How quick are you going to strap on that armor when you hear the intruder coming down the hall? Grin

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Eveofwar

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 01:35:55 AM

Actually I think for ease of use another Glock 17 would be more suitable for home defense than an assault rifle. Now, if you’re going to war that’s another story. I think there’s a better argument for hunting with an assault rifle than for home defense with one.

Many of the people that use this forum are from countries where you can’t even own one and are probably shocked that we even have the option to have a military weapon at home.  Never mind they probably think Yanks all nuts anyway.  

I appreciate that you consider a Glock 17 suitable for your home defense weapon. Can you appreciate that I would prefer something I consider more suitable for mine? You wouldn't deny me the choice, would you? Body armor is relatively cheap, easy to obtain, and very effective against 9mm and not all criminals are suicidal morons.
How quick are you going to strap on that armor when you hear the intruder coming down the hall? Grin

He was referring to the intruder wearing body armor; that's why he prefers 5.56.
Tuxavant

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2012, 01:54:22 AM

Got a bunch of stuff to sell you... Just upgraded my AR to SBR and have some left over parts plus some from previous upgrades.

Parts list:

Delton upper with 16" barrel. Upper is in perfect condition, but the barrel was experiencing some jams with wolf ammo. This is a full upper with carrier and charging handle.
https://i.imgur.com/19ezs.jpg

A2 front sight/gas block

Weaver rail gas block

foregrip and misc covers

collapsible butt stock

Full butt stock

10 rd mag

front and rear iron flip up sights (not shown). front flip up only works with the weaver gas block.

https://i.imgur.com/MMTsP.jpg

I'm asking $100 in BTC.

Eveofwar

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 02:09:38 AM

Good GOD man, you have to defend your home against a bunch of men with Glock 17's and body armor! What fucked up state do you live in? I want to make sure I don't go there on holiday.

Hey buddy, are you moving out of California anytime soon ?  This is right around your alley...

http://blog.sfgate.com/crime/2012/02/09/man-in-body-armor-shoots-gun-near-san-pablo-school/
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/02/08/1062944/-My-neighbor-is-yesterday-s-school-shooter?via=recent
tonto (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 02:26:43 AM

Right now the only gun I have in my house for home defense is my .45/.410 Judge. Smiley

Once my aunt is finished hunting up in Alaska, I'll get my 30-30 back that she borrowed.  My brother currently has my 20ga that I need to get back as well.

The AR-15 will be my "all-around fun" rifle.  I'm new to the AR-15, I had no idea how much modding you could do to really personalize the crap out of what you want your gun to be.

I can appreciate humor and poking fun at us hicks out here in the sticks.  I'm not mad, I just didn't get the jokes from earlier.

No harm, no foul, no offense taken. Smiley

I just want to be prepared, just in case. Wink   My bars of silver and gold would plummet in a worst-case scenario, and my guns and bullets would suddenly become worth a lot. Smiley

Full disclosure:  I come from a hunting/butchering family (4th generation), and while I moved out of the country, the country didn't quite move out from me. Wink

I also ride Harleys and go water-skiing in our boat, so I can have civilized fun, too!
btc_artist

Activity: 154
Merit: 101

Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2012, 02:54:46 PM

That you'll end up with a lot of fire power to hunt with when you’re done; unless of course you’re hunting people (which was my first joke). Then that weapon is perfect as that's what it was designed for originally. Good luck with your project.

You seem to be somewhat misinformed as to the nature and purpose of firearms.

BTC: 1CDCLDBHbAzHyYUkk1wYHPYmrtDZNhk8zf
LTC: LMS7SqZJnqzxo76iDSEua33WCyYZdjaQoE
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 03:13:06 PM

Watching this. I would love to buy an AR-15 with bitcoin.
This discussion may seem strange to my Euro friends. But in the U.S., buying guns is like buying toys.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
tonto (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 04:26:10 PM

I've got lucky so far and had a few users offer me parts, but I would recommend talking to the owner of http://www.bitcoingunparts.com/

It seems that if he doesn't have what you're looking for, he can try to get it and will work with you.  Note that you won't be able to buy a fully functioning gun (or the lower receiver) w/out going through a dealer, unless you have a FFL permit.  That's the only stickler here for buying direct with bitcoins.  So I had to cash out some coins for that first initial purchase, but now that that's tackled, the sky (and my current bitcoins) is the limit for stuff I can buy for it.

I posted a couple pics up in my placeholders of a couple parts.  I have a few parts being mailed to me as we speak, so I'll update in a few days when I get them. Smiley
tonto (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 05:53:03 PM

Thanks to jwzguy for the magazine!   I've updated the "Accessories" placeholder with a pic. Smiley
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 07:34:20 PM

... I just believe it’s more likely that the average gun owner would shoot themselves cleaning their gun or have a kid find it and shoot another kid than successfully defend a surprise attack against their home.

End troll - carry on.
One would think so, but that is not what is shown statistically. Many more people are intentionally killed by guns than accidentally killed.
I carry every day and I seriously doubt that I will ever need to pull my weapon where I live now. Having said that I used to live in St. Louis when it was the most dangerous city in the USA. My neighbor across the street was shot through the neck and died on his doorstep, he was a school principal who told me guns were dangerous and he would never carry. My girl friend was "afraid" of guns, and twice was the victim of a home invasion. I was almost a victim myself when I watched a guy hide by my door while his lady friend tried coaxing me to let her in, claiming she was alone and scared. When I answered the door with my AK47 she changed her story. They were arrested later that night for assault and home invasion. Not counting war, I have had two friends shot and one died. You are going to have a hard time convincing me that not having a gun is safer.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
tonto (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 02:37:36 AM

Whoah, I just googled "bump-fire".... and that is TOTALLY AWESOME!   Shocked  I just added an SSAR-15 to my Amazon wish-list.  Grin
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 03:04:11 AM

CBH, where on earth do you get 500 children dying from accidental firearm-induced injuries?

The latest data I could find from your own link shows 29 for 2008:
http://www.cdc.gov/Injury/wisqars/pdf/Leading_Causes_Injury_Deaths_Age_Group_Highlighting_Violence-Related%20Injury_Deaths_US_2008-a.pdf

Kids accidentally shooting themselves is incredibly rare. Bad parenting, on the other hand... Notice the number of accidental drownings, burns, suffocation, etc - far more instances than firearms. Should we ban bathtubs, matches, electric stoves?

Out of over 310 million people, even 500 wouldn't be shocking to me, but 29?

jwzguy

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 03:55:18 AM

My GOD, is that number right in your chart in the 15-24 range (BTW: that's a kid to me)? 2,009 die from suicide with a firearm! That's worse than I thought! Just curious, how many kids then, in your opinion, is it ok to kill with stupidity? I believe 1 is too many.

So you just pulled the number out of your ass then? And when you're called out on inflating the number of accidental firearm related deaths by over 1600% you just move onto a completely different issue? You anti-gunners are so predictable, it gets boring.

It's not "all right" to be a bad parent, ever. Not for those 29 kids, not for 500 kids, not for 1 kid. The only stupidity would be taking away a woman's best defense against rape in a horribly misguided effort to force people to be better parents. That bullshit never works, just like arguing online never changes anyone's mind.

ZodiacDragon84

Activity: 266

The king and the pawn go in the same box @ endgame

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 04:55:24 AM

womens rights, says the man with the nice tittied avatar...

Looking for a quick easy mining solution? Check out
www.bitminter.com

See my trader rep at Bitcoinfeedback.com
!
jwzguy

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 04:56:13 AM

Uh, no. We just looked at the actual numbers and saw that bathtub drownings are 10x higher than accidental gun deaths. Numbers YOU provided. So, no I don't need to see the Brady Campaign's lies and misrepresentations as well, trust me - I've seen them discredited enough already.

If you really want to know, it's because the right to protect your life and liberty doesn't get less valid with age - another ludicrous supposition. And as someone who has stopped an attempted carjacking (no deaths included) and who has had several friends stop other violent crimes, I know how necessary that right is.

There are an estimated 7000 violent crimes stopped every day by armed citizens in the US. [1] But I guess you'd prefer that those rapes, murders, and robberies happened so that we can try to nanny-state away every case of child neglect...which is incredibly naive to begin with. Luckily, we don't care what you prefer.

Still waiting to hear you apply your ridiculous argument to banning bathtubs...oh wait - you ignore anything that doesn't fit your nonsense.

[1] http://www.amazon.com/More-Guns-Less-Crime-Understanding/dp/0226493636
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: