Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:11:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BDK] - Liquidating, Permanent Closure -  (Read 16698 times)
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 03, 2012, 09:42:59 PM

Thanks Kluge - everything went smoothly!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 08:10:03 AM

Escrow services suspended until around the beginning of June or whenever I'm less worried about pulling wife aggro from sitting on a wooden chair staring at a computer screen all day to ensure nobody sends payments or tells me to release escrow and has to wait a while for me to respond.

I'll pop in and out every few hours to check for updates on current escrow deals. Otherwise, all coins are tied up or promised to be lent until May 19th, so not too much need for me to be staring at computer screen.

Cheers!
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 12:36:03 PM

Escrow services suspended until around the beginning of June or whenever I'm less worried about pulling wife aggro from sitting on a wooden chair staring at a computer screen all day to ensure nobody sends payments or tells me to release escrow and has to wait a while for me to respond.

I'll pop in and out every few hours to check for updates on current escrow deals. Otherwise, all coins are tied up or promised to be lent until May 19th, so not too much need for me to be staring at computer screen.

Cheers!

Ever tried having an 'escrow day' where all funds are released/picked up at one shot per week in exchange of the 24/7 escrow-on-demand? That'll lessen your workload  Grin
exahash

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 04:31:29 PM

Ever tried having an 'escrow day' where all funds are released/picked up at one shot per week in exchange of the 24/7 escrow-on-demand? That'll lessen your workload  Grin

Or even a cutoff time on certain days.  When I need to send a wire, I know I need to get it in to the bank by 3 PM on a business day, otherwise it goes out the next day.  

If you want to be fancy, you could post a schedule in the OP... e.g. "This week I'll be processing escrow txns at 1800 UTC on May 1, May 3, May 5"

Although, I hope you're out celebrating cinco de mayo on May 5.  ;-)

Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 05:28:40 PM

Or even a cutoff time on certain days.  When I need to send a wire, I know I need to get it in to the bank by 3 PM on a business day, otherwise it goes out the next day.  

If you want to be fancy, you could post a schedule in the OP... e.g. "This week I'll be processing escrow txns at 1800 UTC on May 1, May 3, May 5"

Although, I hope you're out celebrating cinco de mayo on May 5.  ;-)

Not many May 5 festivities in Michigan. Too close to the French.  Undecided

I'll consider scheduling. Thanks for suggestions. I guess I always assume people will start getting anxious about their BTC staying with me if I'm unresponsive for more than a few minutes after they've told me to do something. If the delays are scheduled, though, I'd guess they'd feel better about me taking scheduled leave.
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2012, 11:13:26 PM

Someone walked me through how to use OTC and I'm finally on. http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=bdk_kluge

Would appreciate ratings. Skimmed through a couple hundred names and rated who I've done business with. Would appreciate ratings and if I've done business with you, feel free to remind me if you're registered.

Cheers!
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 07:21:19 PM

Someone walked me through how to use OTC and I'm finally on. http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=bdk_kluge

Would appreciate ratings. Skimmed through a couple hundred names and rated who I've done business with. Would appreciate ratings and if I've done business with you, feel free to remind me if you're registered.

Cheers!
Now I feel old... Out of all of the people who have rated you (which are currently some pretty big names!), my OTC account is the oldest.

Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 12:46:02 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2012, 07:10:56 AM by Kluge

Yesterday, another cousin's (much closer) husband was diagnosed with lymphoma, tumor near the heart
Hrm. So close. Seems a lot of doctors are giving definite statements pulled from their ass. Originally, there was a slight chance he was dying, then he's probably dying and needs chemo, then an "all clear" saying it was fluid-filled/benign, and after what was supposed to be a relatively minor surgery, he's come out missing 1/3 of a lung and given a death sentence again. Supposedly, it's now assumed he has very aggressive cancer. They couldn't get all of it around his lung as it's invading his heart. I'm taking a couple days off and may be unresponsive for some time in the future. I'll always check emails after waking up and before going to sleep, fwiw.

He's in his late 20's, I believe. Experienced more than enough death for my liking, but this is the first time interacting with someone suffering imminent death who still speaks coherently. (ETA: I may appear as online in Skype or IRC, but don't assume I am unless talking there. If it's important, please email me @ kluge@bancokluge.com )

ETA2: So... Now it's up in the air. Chemo/radiation already started. Cousin's insisting the doctors got it all, which goes against what another family member said who was with his doctor. Lung which had a section removed is totally non-functional, so he'll have to rely on one lung for the rest of his life. Cousin's kids get a lesson in not transmitting germs tomorrow from wife, who's coincidentally well-studied and experienced in aseptic techniques. Just wanted to keep everyone informed -- always get paranoid someone'll start freaking out and make a big scene if I don't respond to them within a few hours.
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 10:37:15 PM

2 Icarus boards arrived today and are hashing on a separate pool. Income will be included in spreadsheet. Cheers!

Oh -- and I'm doing escrow again until further notice. All previous transactions have been completed. Smiley
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 04:02:32 AM

Thread being closed again. CDs (bonds, now) have their own thread, and shareholders have their own thread. Almost everything I do is done in private, now, so there's no purpose served by keeping this thread here.

If you want me to handle escrow for you, that's cool - just PM me.

Cheers!
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 05:08:22 AM

Thread re-opened and re-stickied (thanks, Maged). I have coins needing a home, and IOU-BLoC isn't launching for at least another month. I generally do not offer escrow anymore -- low on time. Please don't PM or Skype me asking me to do escrow unless there's some exceptional reasoning behind it.

If you're looking for a loan, please provide me as much information as possible. Best time to catch me now is between 1p-1a US Eastern. I'm going to be out all day tomorrow (Saturday). I may be brief for a few months, but no intent to come off as rude -- I do appreciate all business.

I re-wrote the OP with gaudy colors because it seems to be trendy. If I left something important out, please tell me.

Cheers,
Ben
Ocean6

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 05:07:24 PM

What is the minimum investment for CDs?

Life is What you Make it!
jme621

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 11:58:02 PM

-I try not to touch anything touching Pirate. I'm not convinced he's a scammer, I just can't assess the risk because he provides very little information. If you're exposed to Pirate or similar people/programs, please at least disclose that with me -- as long as you aren't relying on Pirate paying you back to pay me back, we might be able to work something out.

does this include gpumax?
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 03:11:35 AM

What is the minimum investment for CDs?
50BTC. Sorry for leaving that out. BDK.BND can be bought in any amount so long as you can afford one bond @ ~.1BTC, fwiw.
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 03:19:40 AM

-I try not to touch anything touching Pirate. I'm not convinced he's a scammer, I just can't assess the risk because he provides very little information. If you're exposed to Pirate or similar people/programs, please at least disclose that with me -- as long as you aren't relying on Pirate paying you back to pay me back, we might be able to work something out.

does this include gpumax?
No.
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 04:05:21 PM

Normally do not post depositors' info, but it was requested.

Willowbitcoin bought a 32D 59BTC CD on 7/14 (tx) @ 5%. Thus, on 8/15, the CD will pay out 61.95BTC, to be paid to 1E62kUsNNUSr8z28m2kNTD24kT7BvDiZCV.

Cheers,
Ben

(unrelated ETA: I took out the "Insurance Tier" column in the spreadsheet. Nobody's used "Exchange Rate Insurance" in the three or so months I've offered it [I don't think anyone's even posted about it], so it's no longer in effect. If you [not depositor this post is about, necessarily] really want Exchange Rate Insurance added to your CD, PM me.)
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 10:35:20 PM

Over 400 coins still looking for a lendee, with 1k more expected to come in on Monday.

PM me!
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 06:23:42 PM

1.5k available to loan out! Loan rates reduced!
hatshepsut

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 06:34:16 PM

PM sent.
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 12:04:32 PM

Bank holiday today. Severe drought ended. Very rainy -- hasn't rained in a month, triple-digit heat, no good for me. But - it's rained and I'm going to take some time out with family.

Will get back with everyone before I go to sleep in ~12h.

Cheers,
Ben
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: