Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:07:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for someone to help me make a coin (based on SHA-256 or Scrypt)  (Read 620 times)
film2240 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 03:23:33 PM

I'm looking to have a cryptocoin made for me (not now but in the future) and since I feel I can do fairly well with some of the ideas I have for it so far I thought that I'd ask on here to see if there are developers who can make me a coin based on SHA-256 (easy to mine with any ASIC for me) or Scrypt (since those coins seem to do well).

Does anyone on this forum know of any reputable services/developers who can make me a SHA-256 or Scrypt based coin as I'm not interested in other algorithms?(I want accessibility/equality to be valued by allowing any technology including ASICs/FPGAs to mine it instead of making this 'ASIC resistant' as I feel it's a losing battle and a waste of time.I see no practical reason for this to be the case except on an ideological basis which some people seem to have).

I have ideas but I can't really post them here as I don't want the idea to be stolen from me (as my IP rights matter to me with every creation,whether it's a film I make or a coin I want to have made) and also the main focus for this thread is to find and discover the right people who can help me get the coin made,not a debate on whether or not an idea is feasible (as you must find someone,then make sure the idea is feasible,then develop it and release it/mine it).

Smiley

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinsolidation

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 04:00:10 PM

I can help you work through whether the idea is feasible or not, and if so develop the coin for you based on the latest Bitcoin or Bitmark (Bitcoin with Scrypt) code bases.

Ensure viability, ensure code is good. I cannot help you market the coin however, all else would fall under your remit.

Bitmark (reputation+money) : Bitmark v0.9.4 (release)
film2240 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 04:09:37 PM

I can help you work through whether the idea is feasible or not, and if so develop the coin for you based on the latest Bitcoin or Bitmark (Bitcoin with Scrypt) code bases.

Ensure viability, ensure code is good. I cannot help you market the coin however, all else would fall under your remit.
I've never heard of Bitmark before.How is it possible to mine a coin with SHA-256/Scrypt combined algorithm?Wouldn't this need a special ASIC to mine both at the same time?I also want to know what price you're charging.Preferably I would prefer a coin with either a SHA or Scrypt algorithm (not combined) as I wish to boost the network's viability by tapping into already existing mining technologies like FPGAs/ASICs (as no miners=vulnerability to the 51% attack,making the coin useless against it as it'd be forked to work against my interests by the hackers.)

What experience do you have with coin production?Do you have examples you can show me as I didn't see any trust info (no negatives/positives) in your profile?Would you accept escrow since having no info in the trust rating is a red flag to me?

Thanks for understanding but I have to be sure that things will work as they should Smiley

coinsolidation

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 04:22:21 PM

How is it possible to mine a coin with SHA-256/Scrypt combined algorithm?

What experience do you have with coin production?

Would you accept escrow since having no info in the trust rating is a red flag to me?

1) Bitmark is Bitcoin with Scrypt instead of Sha-256, not in addition to. Don't worry about not being aware of the project, it's new.

2) I am an experienced programmer (15 years) with 4-5 years experience coding in the crypto currency space. An example of my latest work is the bitmark project https://github.com/coinsolidation/bitmark

3) Of course, escrow is fine

A shorter answer is, I can fork and modify any existing codebase you'd prefer to use.

Bitmark (reputation+money) : Bitmark v0.9.4 (release)
blue_w1nter

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 04:59:18 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=660051

Cheapest one I can find.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: