Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:17:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BEAUTIFUL Titan 1 oz. 999 fine Gold - 1 BTC coins are here  (Read 8897 times)
TitanBTC (OP)

Activity: 366
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 06:43:04 PM

The purity is probably 9999+ fine, but there's a big difference between hitting that mark most of the time and legally certifying the assay as such.  

The gold for these coins is refined using the same process as the mints that are claiming 9999 on their coins.  However, we could literally be sued for fraud if one of these coins tested at 9998 purity and we were claiming four nines.   We talked it over with the refinery/Mint and decided to stick with 3 nines, just to be safe.  

The bottom-line is that these are as pure of a gold product as you can get using modern methods.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TitanBTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 06:47:03 PM

Love the coin. Great design and great job.

Thanks!  It's a labor of love.

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 07:03:30 PM

... And typically all modern coins are pure gold. ...

Many modern gold coins including the American Eagle and the Kruggerand are not pure gold.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Michail1
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 08:03:20 PM

I've held the Gold Buffalo alongside these coins and, while I am biased, I would say that these Titans have a brighter shine.  We etch the dies on the sculpted areas, which is what produces the fine grain you see in those closeups.  This texture really catches the light. 

It's very labor intensive to get this finish right, but it adds a nice contrast that you just won't get in high production coins like the Buffalo or the American Eagle.

Well, since you brought up the Buffalo....
Basically, personally, I see the Titan being of far better quality than the US coin.  I only even bought 1 Buffalo, but never again.  I would rather have a regular Eagle over a Buffalo.

I would happily trade in my Buffalo for a Titan Gold.   Anyone?
This goes for a redeemed coin as well. 

wafdawg

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 04:40:41 AM

I've held the Gold Buffalo alongside these coins and, while I am biased, I would say that these Titans have a brighter shine.  We etch the dies on the sculpted areas, which is what produces the fine grain you see in those closeups.  This texture really catches the light. 

It's very labor intensive to get this finish right, but it adds a nice contrast that you just won't get in high production coins like the Buffalo or the American Eagle.

Basically, personally, I see the Titan being of far better quality than the US coin.  I only even bought 1 Buffalo, but never again.  I would rather have a regular Eagle over a Buffalo.

I have the 2013 reverse proof buffalo PCGS PR70 Chicago ANA release and that coin is so much hotter it's not even close.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Michail1
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 03:41:51 PM

I have the 2013 reverse proof buffalo PCGS PR70 Chicago ANA release and that coin is so much hotter it's not even close.

So, you're comparing a PR70 proof coin?  Umm, ok.
Want to trade me for my Buffalo (not proof, not graded) coin for a Titan Gold?  If so, I will happily pay shipping around and escrow fees.

wafdawg

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:47:06 PM

Want to trade me for my Buffalo (not proof, not graded) coin for a Titan Gold?  If so, I will happily pay shipping around and escrow fees.

I don't own any Titan Gold coins or any other buffaloes beside my reverse proof. I think the Titan Gold are great looking as well but the buffalo is an iconic design which has been around for 101 years.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Cryptolator

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 03:23:57 AM

Oh.  We'll throw in an awesome bitcoin propaganda poster for free as well.  Just ask.

Some element of this artwork remind me of something, just can't put my finger on........ Tongue

bithalo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 12:33:22 PM

That's what I said earlier.  Great minds think alike.

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
TitanBTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 12:35:13 AM

Oh.  We'll throw in an awesome bitcoin propaganda poster for free as well.  Just ask.

Some element of this artwork remind me of something, just can't put my finger on........ Tongue

Someone else just PM'ed and asked if we copied the poster design from cryptolator.  Just to be clear, the artwork was done and we were giving these posters out at BTC conferences before the cryptolator coins were released. 

I'm sure this was just creative minds thinking alike.

TitanBTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 12:39:45 AM

I don't own any Titan Gold coins or any other buffaloes beside my reverse proof. I think the Titan Gold are great looking as well but the buffalo is an iconic design which has been around for 101 years.

The buffalo is a great looking coin design.  No argument here.  I was just talking about the finish. 

If you hold a proof grade buffalo next to one of the Titan coins, you'll see that the texture on these provides a higher contrast that makes the Titan appear "brighter".  From what I've been told, this texturing isn't something that can be done on high-production coins like the buffalo because the dies wear down too quickly.

Cryptolator

Activity: 508

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:58:25 AM
Last edit: July 07, 2014, 12:21:31 PM by Cryptolator

Someone else just PM'ed and asked if we copied the poster design from cryptolator.  Just to be clear, the artwork was done and we were giving these posters out at BTC conferences before the cryptolator coins were released.  

I'm sure this was just creative minds thinking alike.

Haha, it's ok, It's just funny !

My design was made back in Janurary (Infact, the first drawing that I made date from December 2013) and I was not aware of this Wink

My next design will be completly different tho ! Smiley

Good job on your coins BTW !
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 06:15:16 PM

... And typically all modern coins are pure gold. ...

Many modern gold coins including the American Eagle and the Kruggerand are not pure gold.

Hence the key word "typically". If you compare all modern world coins from all country's mint, they're 999 gold. Americans are always the odd ball when it comes to standardizing, such as inches/foot and pounds/ounces.

Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 06:39:03 PM

How do you arrive at the $475 premium? That's a nearly 25% mark-up

TitanBTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 09:57:37 PM

How do you arrive at the $475 premium? That's a nearly 25% mark-up

The premium is calculated at about the break even point for this batch of 100, and includes the average cost of shipping and insurance, as well as a small percentage margin for coin dealers that are reselling these. 

We sold an initial run of 25 coins at a premium of $450 and ended up losing money, but we were also able to lower production costs by making 100 coins at a time for this batch.

Hopefully we'll be able to make more than 100 in 2014 and turn a profit on this product, but I'm mainly just happy to be able to bring them to market.

As an aside, we're actively looking for U.S. mints that do high quality gold coin production and if we can lower costs, we will absolutely lower the premium.

snufflufagus

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:17:26 PM

OK...I think I'm close to being able to buy one of these.  I'm positive that these will be worth a ton in the future. 

Is there anyway I can pay in two installments to lock in a low serial number?  Do you have any for sale that have been graded by PCGS? 

haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 05:27:54 PM

Do you have any for sale that have been graded by PCGS? 

PCGS or NGC won't grade these coins because they're not legal tender anywhere. However, you can get ANACS to grade them, as they're considered as "medallions".

TitanBTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 08:44:22 PM

OK...I think I'm close to being able to buy one of these.  I'm positive that these will be worth a ton in the future. 

Is there anyway I can pay in two installments to lock in a low serial number?  Do you have any for sale that have been graded by PCGS? 

PM me here or email me at Tim@titanbtc.com and we'll work with you.  We will have some ANACS graded coins (either MS69 or MS70) available in a couple weeks.

kebabman

Activity: 655
Merit: 504

You wan chili saus?

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 09:56:27 PM

Beautiful coins! Sent you a PM. Smiley
jcoin200

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:14:45 AM

PM me here or email me at Tim@titanbtc.com and we'll work with you.  We will have some ANACS graded coins (either MS69 or MS70) available in a couple weeks.

Any idea on the price for those?  I may hold off and go for one of those.  And will they be numbered in the first 100?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: