Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:21:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitShares X Now Trading!!!  (Read 12614 times)
brekyrself

Activity: 547
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:34:28 AM

Is there a simple guide to setup the BitShares XT wallet? I know it's still in beta...

https://github.com/dacsunlimited/bitsharesx/releases/tag/0.2.1

Download the wallet above, its pretty self explanatory.  For any other questions browse these two sections:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?board=65.0
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?board=3.0
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
profitofthegods

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 07:22:35 AM

I really like the look of Bitshares X so I bought a few - and the price on Bter has gone up nicely since I did; I just really hope I haven't paid over the odds to buy early like this, because I am a worried that more of the total demand is present than the total supply and that this is inflating the price. Having said that, the market cap looks reasonable to me so I guess I should be alright in the longer term even if the price does dip before going back up.
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 10:16:56 AM

It looks like it's dropped in price according to coinmarketcap.

profitofthegods

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 10:52:00 AM

Lol, I spoke too soon. Oh well, wasn't planning to sell yet anyway.
FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 11:44:02 AM

Lol, I spoke too soon. Oh well, wasn't planning to sell yet anyway.

Sorry Profitofthegods, this is why I put the warning up, in my previous update, I was worried there'd be a short term decline when the exchanges started allowing deposits.

I also bought @ the level you did & I'm very happy with it. I may be tempted to buy more if price goes to 0.000015 but it looks like it's started recovering already.
FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:58:25 PM

I know the BitShares guys don't step out of their forum much to market properly & the price is down since exchanges opened for deposits but China certainly understands BitShares X.

BTSX/CNY volume is over $330k today! That's even more CNY trading than Litecoin!

BTSX is second in CNY only to Bitcoin at the moment!
FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:34:12 PM

http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/lets-talk-bitcoin-129-dogeparty-and-delegated-proof-of-stake

The latest episode of Lets Talk Bitcoin!

Interview with Daniel Larimer, the main developer of BitShares! Starts @ 12 minute

(Great interview lots of challenging question from Andreas Antonopoulos, Adam Levine & Stephanie Murphy.) 
nikola384

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:50:12 AM

http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/lets-talk-bitcoin-129-dogeparty-and-delegated-proof-of-stake

The latest episode of Lets Talk Bitcoin!

Interview with Daniel Larimer, the main developer of BitShares! Starts @ 12 minute

(Great interview lots of challenging question from Andreas Antonopoulos, Adam Levine & Stephanie Murphy.) 

Thanks for the link. Interesting!

Danman

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:56:53 AM

Hi,
could someone help me get funded in order to register my account in the BitSharesX wallet? I bought BTSX at bter.com, but still can't withdraw them. I will send you back the amount once I can. I thin only 0.1 BTSX is needed.
My public address: BTSX84zRThf2cWKvSSiX1oLBxiFD2k643WdGuPEb8zXGar4G2v62P8
Thank you
Danman
puppies

Activity: 69

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 07:31:56 AM

Hi,
could someone help me get funded in order to register my account in the BitSharesX wallet? I bought BTSX at bter.com, but still can't withdraw them. I will send you back the amount once I can. I thin only 0.1 BTSX is needed.
Thank you
Danman

Sent.  Have fun man.
mbaeichapareiko

Activity: 101

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 08:25:59 AM

cool.  I just installed the wallet.   (looks cool)  and listened to the interview (sounds promising)

Anybody can advise on the best way to fund this wallet (to have it registered)?

CLains

Activity: 256

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:22:09 PM

BitShares X kicks ass.. Once bitUSD launches, moon is next.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:34:06 PM

In my opinion, why Bitshares is the Pandora's box of crypto:

I was kind of foggy on what exactly would happen in the future with crypto until recently, but I think Daniel Larimer has unknowingly sealed it's fate with DPOS.  Governments don't like to be ejected from money affairs.  I foresee them taking something like DPOS, and instead of having 101 delegates, they will simply make each member of the UN a delegate, and boom, you have your New World Order, sovereign approved currency.

That scenario could be good in some ways, since it would most likely make things finite, or get rid of unaccountable government spending in other words, but through increased globalization, it could also be the start of world government, or god know's what else.

*this is not an endorsement to buy bitshares, since they would most likely just clone it and not actually use bitsharesX

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:44:54 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2014, 03:10:56 PM by FandangledGizmo

cool.  I just installed the wallet.   (looks cool)  and listened to the interview (sounds promising)

Sorry, not sure waiting for them to do a windows fix so I can play with wallet myself. I think there is/will be a faucet in the next week too.
Also they will be starting an official thread on BTT with the next release so you can ask questions and have them answered here.

feel free to check out the forum

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?board=65.0
FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:48:27 PM

In my opinion, why Bitshares is the Pandora's box of crypto:

I was kind of foggy on what exactly would happen in the future with crypto until recently, but I think Daniel Larimer has unknowingly sealed it's fate with DPOS.  Governments don't like to be ejected from money affairs.  I foresee them taking something like DPOS, and instead of having 101 delegates, they will simply make each member of the UN a delegate, and boom, you have your New World Order, sovereign approved currency.

That scenario could be good in some ways, since it would most likely make things finite, or get rid of unaccountable government spending in other words, but through increased globalization, it could also be the start of world government, or god know's what else.

*this is not an endorsement to buy bitshares, since they would most likely just clone it and not actually use bitsharesX

Not sure what's that meant to mean?

POW is much better suited to NWO. Just buy some mining equipment offer the best pool rates and before you know it you'll control 51% of the system without Bitcoin holders being able to have a say - Ghash.io.
puppies

Activity: 69

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:03:10 PM

cool.  I just installed the wallet.   (looks cool)  and listened to the interview (sounds promising)

Send me your public key and I'll send you enough to register.  Then you can purchase from an exchange.   There is a plan for a faucet, with free registration, but its not out yet.
FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:13:41 PM

Hi,
Thank you
Danman

Sent.  Have fun man.

Cool. For the record looks like bter has started allowing withdrawals. They are limiting it to 5000 BTSX a day & will raise it in a few days if it all goes smoothly.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=5992.msg81266;boardseen#new
Danman

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:20:45 PM

Hi,
Thank you
Danman

Sent.  Have fun man.

Thank you very much!
Unfortunately I still can't register  Sad I use the OS X client. The error message reads: "RPC: Server Error: In method 'wallet_account_register': Assert Exception (10)"

Does anyone know what this means?

Yes, BTER allows withdrawals now, but only to REGISTERED accounts.
Danman

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:27:00 PM

It worked now with another name. I think the first name was already taken.   Grin
FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 08:04:48 PM

It worked now with another name. I think the first name was already taken.   Grin

Cool Smiley (I think they should make a thing that says 'account name is taken' or something.) How do you like the account name thing otherwise? Everyone's saying it's pretty cool, cuz it's anonymous as well, and a lot better than using addresses.

I haven't been able to open the wallet yet, as it crashes on my windows, but already thinking of a cool account name or two Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: