Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:30:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitShares X Now Trading!!!  (Read 12616 times)
profitofthegods

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 07:55:37 PM

The new market screen on Bitshares X is confusing me. The prices on buy and ask on USD/BSTX don't seem even remotely connected to the actual price of BTSX right now unless I'm somehow getting very confused.

Also does anybody know when the BitAsset functionality is expected to go live?
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 07:56:01 PM

What is the distribution of Bitshares X?  Never saw a link explaining it yet. 

BitShares X held a donation period from the beginning of the year to 28th Feb. It raised a few thousand BTC. 50% was distributed to people who had AGS and 50% to people who had PTS on that date, not unlike the snapshots that are happening for BitShares DNS and The Vote DAC today.

Unfortunately the original donators lost out in the short term because when BitShares X was released in July, without the BitAsset functionality it traded for a lot less than they paid. (So from July till about 1-2 weeks ago you get it for less than donation investors.)

So in other words there's already whales in BitShares X and they'll dump the second they think it stops going up?  That's reassuring.. (don't say it isn't the case because clearly it is).

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 07:58:21 PM

What is the distribution of Bitshares X?  Never saw a link explaining it yet. 

BitShares X held a donation period from the beginning of the year to 28th Feb. It raised a few thousand BTC. 50% was distributed to people who had AGS and 50% to people who had PTS on that date, not unlike the snapshots that are happening for BitShares DNS and The Vote DAC today.

Unfortunately the original donators lost out in the short term because when BitShares X was released in July, without the BitAsset functionality it traded for a lot less than they paid. (So from July till about 1-2 weeks ago you get it for less than donation investors.)

So in other words there's already whales in BitShares X and they'll dump the second they think it stops going up?  That's reassuring.. (don't say it isn't the case because clearly it is).

No when you raise a small amount of BTC's like NXT you have to worry about whales.
When you raise thousands of BTC's over a long period, the opposite is the case.
instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 07:59:30 PM

Significantly "dumping" the price at 2163 BTC 24h volume and massive buy orders, 68% coming from BTSX/CNY... good luck with that.

BitSharesX booming right now.
instacalm

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:02:11 PM

Good luck significantly "dumping" the price at 2163 BTC 24h volume and massive buy orders, 68% coming from BTSX/CNY.

It is going parabolic any real investor will tell you to stay away from this bubble... buy after the whales start to sell.

Did I say you should invest? No. I was saying it's on a staggering uptrend (not just since today btw).
TaunSew

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:06:28 PM

Good luck significantly "dumping" the price at 2163 BTC 24h volume and massive buy orders, 68% coming from BTSX/CNY.

It is going parabolic any real investor will tell you to stay away from this bubble... buy after the whales start to sell.

Did I say you should invest? No. I was saying it's on a staggering uptrend (not just since today btw).

It has doubled in like a day and a half from $20 million to $40 million.

The other guy is correct, no point in buying now as the whales could dump now (or dump at $80 million - why risk real world $Fiat for a slim chance to see 2x-3x return.  I say slim because they can dump and crash it and then you'll lose money).

BTW - buying in with 1000s of BTC doesn't make any sense in an anti-whale thesis, people did that with Mastercoin and Maidsafe and neither coin went anywhere in the long run (neither did other coins that were pumped with huge amounts of BTC)

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:07:54 PM

listen to taunsew/utopianfuture and buy NeM instead ! Cheesy

its obvious bitshares is now ripe to take dem profitz

~CfA~

maqifrnswa

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:09:53 PM

The new market screen on Bitshares X is confusing me. The prices on buy and ask on USD/BSTX don't seem even remotely connected to the actual price of BTSX right now unless I'm somehow getting very confused.

Also does anybody know when the BitAsset functionality is expected to go live?

Monday is the plan, I think
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:14:40 PM

... Nxt fan bois annoy me. Complaining about Bitshares distribution, when Nxt had one of the worst distributions of all time. At least Bitshares fan bois don't attack other cryptos and call them inferior.

I like both Nxt and Bitshares, it is really annoying to me to see all the infighting. I guess some people only care about their personal interests, but the sad thing is it is mostly Nxt people that attack other cryptocoin 2.0s. It makes me sick. They do the same to Ethereum...

Who ever thinks that Bitshares is different then other new altcoins then he really need first some experience trading coins in the alt section.

Ya sense most new alt coins have bitassets.  Roll Eyes
TaunSew

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:14:52 PM

Who ever thinks that Bitshares is different then other new altcoins then he really need first some experience trading coins in the alt section.

Yeah especially if there are whales present.  Look at at how fickle most coins can be if just one whale dumps half their stash.  Hell Ethereum sent BTC down $50 just by dumping 3000 BTC in less than a week and the bots / scrypts ate that up.

FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:15:53 PM

It has doubled in like a day and a half from $20 million to $40 million.

The other guy is correct, no point in buying now as the whales could dump now (or dump at $80 million).

BTW - buying in with 1000s of BTC doesn't make any sense in an anti-whale thesis, people did that with Mastercoin and Maidsafe and neither coin went anywhere in the long run.

There's already funds buying Bitshares X and they're not going to long term hold but dump as soon as they can realize a 2x - 3x profit.

If you have a long public donation period and raise thousands it makes an obvious difference to the distribution of the coin relative to either a short/little money raised coin. I'm sorry you fail to grasp that.

What's happening now though is BitAssets -  if the peg holds - then Litecoin will be history very soon. But you don't know what BitAssets are yet, if you'd done any research you might have been able to buy.

Very few people are willing to sell and you can also get an idea of the distribution from these

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7226.0
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7168.0

I mentioned this to the one guy I know who has a decent stake and might have wanted to cash out, and seems like he's holding.

Good luck =)

(regarding large stakeholders:  I think ags trust is largest, like 7% or so, while largest individual holders are all <4%, and they are not many)
TaunSew

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:16:21 PM

... Nxt fan bois annoy me. Complaining about Bitshares distribution, when Nxt had one of the worst distributions of all time. At least Bitshares fan bois don't attack other cryptos and call them inferior.

I like both Nxt and Bitshares, it is really annoying to me to see all the infighting. I guess some people only care about their personal interests, but the sad thing is it is mostly Nxt people that attack other cryptocoin 2.0s. It makes me sick. They do the same to Ethereum...

Qora coin now has Bitassets.  NAS coin can have their own bitassets too.

FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:18:05 PM

Lol. This is what I thought, you don't know what 'Bit'Assets are and why they're so huge  Smiley
instacalm

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:19:11 PM

lol m8 Grin
atoni

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:20:35 PM

Hello, I found following on bitshare blog, can someone please explain to me how you can send money from 1 bank to another using it? thank you

instant

How long would it take you to transfer funds from your bank to another, anywhere in the world?

If the answer isn’t instantly, it’s time you looked at BitShares Banking.

http://bitshares.org/industries/banking/
FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:27:15 PM

Hello, I found following on bitshare blog, can someone please explain to me how you can send money from 1 bank to another using it? thank you

instant

How long would it take you to transfer funds from your bank to another, anywhere in the world?

If the answer isn’t instantly, it’s time you looked at BitShares Banking.

http://bitshares.org/industries/banking/

There they're just saying BitShares X is like a bank.

You can send money between user friendly accounts anonymously on a decentralised blockchain in 10 seconds. However that functionality is not much different to what Bitcoin offers, except that it's much, much better.

The real advantage of BitShares X is BitAssets

-------

BitShares X

BitShares X will allow the trading of derivative assets that track the value of real world counterparts.

Now real world currencies, commodities and stocks can be tracked in decentralised digital form & held in market-pegged, collateralised, derivative assets which are traded on a blockchain without counterparty risk or trusted price feeds.

The Opportunity

Given the current global financial instability, geopolitical tensions & high levels of government debt, holding sizeable deposits of fiat, stocks or commodities is becoming increasingly risky within the current financial system. Therefore, BitShares X may need very little real-world proving under its belt, before it is seen by some very big players as an appealing hedge for a portion of their portfolio.

Indeed should those centralised risk factors get worse or even materialise - such as significant deposit confiscations - BitShares X will be in a dominant position to displace a large part of a multi-trillion dollar industry virtually overnight.

Target Markets

Traders

It should go without saying that the privacy, low costs, freedom from confiscation and other advantages of trading on a blockchain will appeal to many of the hundreds of thousands of traders currently engaged in trading currencies, commodities and stocks all around the world.

In order to support such trading activities, BitShares X introduces TITAN - A brand new privacy feature which allows for fully secure, anonymous transactions, transferred to and from easy to remember user-created, account names.

Bitcoin Retailers and Users

There are over 30K+ retailers who currently accept Bitcoin as payment; however the vast majority, due to tight retail margins and the relatively high volatility of Bitcoin,  transition directly back to fiat via a third party service like BitPay. Many of these retailers may wish to hold a portion of their revenue in Bit-Assets such as BitUSD.

Similarly the thousands of Bitcoin and alt-coin holders may also wish to hold a portion of their fiat earnings or savings in less volatile assets such as BitUSD, BitCNY or BitGold.

Existing Hotspots

Places like Ukraine, Venezuela, Argentina, Ghana and many Asian countries have significant capital controls that already restrict the flow of capital and foreign currency. The need for BitShares X to fill a void caused by these restrictions is clear, so it makes sense that there may be rapid adoption in areas like this, as they were also some of the strongest areas of initial Bitcoin adoption.

BitShares X runs on a DPOS blockchain that was conceived by Daniel Larimer and has been developed by himself and the same talented team behind BitShares X. http://bitshares.org/delegated-proof-of-stake/

atoni

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:33:43 PM

I see, so its calling a crypto currency a bank.

Also, that table is quite inaccurate. Ripple transaction time is 5 seconds and it was first that allows users created assets. There is also no 10% inflation via mining in bitcoin.

How will market pegged assets work? For example, I buy 10k USD worth of Apple stock, if it goes 100% up I cashout 20k. Did someone actually buy and sold those stocks or it is just like play money that brokers offer you for practice? If its like play money who pays the profit of 10k USD?
megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:39:00 PM

so much buy support much wow

instacalm

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:41:58 PM

megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:45:45 PM

Solid growth at solid volume is nice to see.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: