Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:29:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Java script mining, How?  (Read 2506 times)
ssaillenss (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 09:15:17 AM

I accidentally stumbled on this site http://www.bitcoinplus.com/miner/embeddable and I would like to know if there are more similar and how do java script mining and whether it is successful thing that is most cost-effective way of mining

Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Somekindabitcoin

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 09:18:10 AM

Yeah it was good 2 years ago.
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 09:24:31 AM

Not that I know of any, but forget that site - many complaints about not receiving payment. If I were you, I'd try googling around or searching in the Mining software board.

jjdub7

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 09:56:44 AM

Not that I know of any, but forget that site - many complaints about not receiving payment. If I were you, I'd try googling around or searching in the Mining software board.

No - "Java scrypt mining, Why?"  

You have a perfectly good cpuminer at your disposal from multiple mirrors/source repos all around the web (Java's a notoriously terrible work process for mining).

WeMineLTC has a miner you can use on their site under "Getting Started" at the bottom of the page.  Compare your CPU's performance with pooler's cpuminer.  While DrH's Bitminter client runs from a Java environment, its only to run the GUI - all the actual work done is through either OpenCl etc for a GPU or through your chip's firmware (i.e. 'Antminer work process' for Bitmain chips).
hanzosan

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 09:59:55 AM

I found this one for dogecoin. https://www.idigdoge.com/
Did you meant Javscript or Java for scrypt mining?  Grin
_Miracle

Activity: 906
Merit: 659

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 07:26:05 AM

Next is a proof of stake Java mined coin.

I'm not sure about the site you linked to.
Bitminter is a 'pretty' Java app to mine with but it still runs cg/bfg miner (I could be totally wrong about that though;-)

There 'used' to be more truth in forums than anywhere else.  Twitter:  @cryptobitchicks  Spock: "I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously. To which are you referring?"  INTJ-A
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 07:37:11 AM

Bitminter is a 'pretty' Java app to mine with but it still runs cg/bfg miner (I could be totally wrong about that though;-)
Java is not javascript. Also bitminter is standalone and does not run cgminer.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
_Miracle

Activity: 906
Merit: 659

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 06:26:30 PM

Ah. See? Totally wrong ;-)

There 'used' to be more truth in forums than anywhere else.  Twitter:  @cryptobitchicks  Spock: "I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously. To which are you referring?"  INTJ-A
jjdub7

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 06:35:41 PM

Ah. See? Totally wrong ;-)

Not totally wrong, actually...

Back in the day when DrHaribo included the CPU miner in older builds of the Bitminter client, java was included as one of the 2 work processes available, and actually for my mid-2007 Mac running an Intel i3 (pre-OpenCL support), the java process was the more efficient of the two.
DjPxH

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:23:40 PM

I accidentally stumbled on this site http://www.bitcoinplus.com/miner/embeddable and I would like to know if there are more similar and how do java script mining and whether it is successful thing that is most cost-effective way of mining
Geez, that really is a blast from the past. In the times where CPU-mining was still possible, a large set of CPU miners (botnet / website visitors) could really earn you some BTC, but even GPU mining is obsolete, many ASICs even are, so CPU-mining on an interpreted language? It's like trying to drain a lake with a teaspoon for dolls!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ThomasCrowne

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

★☆★ 777Coin - The Exciting Bitco

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 12:01:24 AM

It's a bit old school but should still work.

https://github.com/progranism/Bitcoin-JavaScript-Miner

FUR11

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 09:58:09 PM

Geez, that really is a blast from the past. In the times where CPU-mining was still possible, a large set of CPU miners (botnet / website visitors) could really earn you some BTC, but even GPU mining is obsolete, many ASICs even are, so CPU-mining on an interpreted language? It's like trying to drain a lake with a teaspoon for dolls!

Yeah, seems quite futile to say the least. But it's interesting to see how things worked back in the days of CPU mining, isn't it? Cheesy
On the bright side: The fact that mining on scripting languages and even pure CPUs isn't worth the effort, will remove incentive to devise mining malware and mining botnets!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: