Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:00:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]|Chatcoin|NIST5|Chat in Wallet|No premine|P2P Private Chat|No vote  (Read 48854 times)
ChatcoinTeam (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 11:37:42 AM

Ok I'm not in the mood to laugh again so some technical questions:

Fees: 0.5 CHAT per message or 1 CHAT per bold message. Fees never changed to avoid garbage.

1. Where do the fees go ? In Talkcoin the fees was transfer to the address of the genesis block, which means is destroyed forever. So that's the reason why Talkcoin has no hard cap on the total number of coin because the more people use TAC for talking, the more TAC would get destroyed. In Chatcoin the fees go back to the dev ?
2. Assume that the fees are not going back to the dev and destroyed like Talkcoin, then what happens after all the Chatcoin was mined and people use all of Chatcoin in circulation for chatting? So Chatcoin is dead or what ? No more coin to create and there no coin to use. What would we do with the wallet then ?

Thanks in advance.

1,The wallet is based on the earlier version of Talkcoin. We will change this if necessary. Thanks for Talkcoin again.
2,After we finish bitmessage protocol integration, The chatting will be independent of blocks. No coin is needed for chat, even if you have zero Chatcoin in your wallet...

Thanks for the answer. That would be a problem I think. If the chat is free then what's the point of creating Chatcoin?
Let's assume I was an investor and want to invest in Chatcoin, tell me why should I buy Chatcoin and for what ?
Other coins even BTC are competitive to get merchants acceptance and this is the only valid reason to spend the coin.
I think Talkcoin has found another niche in which we can use and spend the coin for something else useful without directly competitive with others.

I am considering fork the wallet chat to be an P2P advertisement platform: You send a message to the blocks with an ad png or flash url , The wallet show it to all chatcoin holders. Frankly, Compared to cloneing TALKCOIN, Integration of bitmessage and fork wallet chat to ad display may be a not easy project for us.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zarton

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 11:38:13 AM

Spanish translation -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=676008.0

Good luck!

ChatcoinTeam (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 11:45:26 AM

Thank god you did not call it Talk2 Smiley

Somebody wish we call it Shitcoin Grin Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
seriously you clone a coin called talkcoin in chatcoin... you are a freaking idiot.
so yes: shitcoin would be more appropriate for that matter.

FIND YOUR OWN NAME I would add find your own source too... but nobody around is doing that lately  Grin

He believe is not shit
But the world tell him coin is shit
Clone and dump
People like  do this again and again

Frankly I have TALKCOIN too. I wish CHAT be shit one day, Clone of TAC may make talkcoin more famous.... We know this and we do this.
To believe that, I guess you are one of the infamous 1 TAC voters... so wrong all the time  Roll Eyes Grin

djm34 be forgiven with him. At least he's honest. Wink. I even like them better than the Icebergcoin.
that's not difficult... the other is just a scam (the thread is hilarious though, with people counting already their profit from a coin which hasn't been released yet )

Yeah a scam with Bittrex's support and CoinSource's media attention. I wonder how much BTC do they need to bribe the others.
the funny part is that bittrex is located in the us, and it seems that the irs is watching that sort of things... I don't understand why they even take the risk (the amount of btc must be large).

Lets support Alcurex instead Grin (I have 200 shares...  Grin)
I agree
I never saw a coin can directly exchange without mine and vote... An interesting experiment...Results can talk..
AizenSou

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 11:47:01 AM

Fees: 0.5 CHAT per message or 1 CHAT per bold message. Fees never changed to avoid garbage.

1. Where do the fees go ? In Talkcoin the fees was transfer to the address of the genesis block, which means is destroyed forever. So that's the reason why Talkcoin has no hard cap on the total number of coin because the more people use TAC for talking, the more TAC would get destroyed. In Chatcoin the fees go back to the dev ?
2. Assume that the fees are not going back to the dev and destroyed like Talkcoin, then what happens after all the Chatcoin was mined and people use all of Chatcoin in circulation for chatting? So Chatcoin is dead or what ? No more coin to create and there no coin to use. What would we do with the wallet then ?

Thanks in advance.

1,The wallet is based on the earlier version of Talkcoin. We will change this if necessary. Thanks for Talkcoin again.
2,After we finish bitmessage protocol integration, The chatting will be independent of blocks. No coin is needed for chat, even if you have zero Chatcoin in your wallet...

Thanks for the answer. That would be a problem I think. If the chat is free then what's the point of creating Chatcoin?
Let's assume I was an investor and want to invest in Chatcoin, tell me why should I buy Chatcoin and for what ?
Other coins even BTC are competitive to get merchants acceptance and this is the only valid reason to spend the coin.
I think Talkcoin has found another niche in which we can use and spend the coin for something else useful without directly competitive with others.

I am considering fork the wallet chat to be an P2P advertisement platform: You send a message to the blocks with an ad png or flash url , The wallet show it to all chatcoin holders. Frankly, Compared to cloneing TALKCOIN, Integration of bitmessage and fork wallet chat to ad display may be a not easy project for us.

That's already been done by Talkcoin, only without the image. We have plans to include it in the future. It seems you have the same ideas like us.
But if you won't find a reason for users to use the wallet, the ads would be pointless too because nobody reads it.
Seems you're good at it. I wonder why don't you join the Talkteam instead of creating a new coin ?
khuram8494

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 11:50:13 AM

This is looking really interesting.

i just have an idea about interesing coin lets make a new pro to do it faslty and in amazing way Tongue
btc-time

Activity: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 11:52:09 AM

Chat software is very popular in China,We can provide the user China mine pool,Please provide the ,GitHub Source Code of wallet or  linux wallet convenient debugging,Contact email:Goodlucksendme@gmail.com。Thanks!
Valzador

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 11:55:40 AM

I would mine this if I wasn't in Australia.  Tongue
ChatcoinTeam (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 11:56:17 AM

and the premine is ?
aside from a big premine, I don't see the interest in making an entire clone of talkcoin.
and find another name.

No premine..Just as TALKCOIN.

I Know You are fans or even dev of talkcoin, We did not matter you call Chatcoin as Shitcoin,
As some time we call Chatcoin as the Shitcoin Too
 Grin Grin Grin Grin

at least you are realistic about what you are making... can you just go play with X15  Grin
You know, fork NIST5 to X15 meaningless , JUST As fork talkcoin to a shit Chatcoin... Grin Grin Grin Grin
If you wish tomorrow there would be many chatcoins with x15, X11,X13, scrypt.Grin Grin Grin Grin
ChatcoinTeam (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 12:14:07 PM

Chat software is very popular in China,We can provide the user China mine pool,Please provide the ,GitHub Source Code of wallet or  linux wallet convenient debugging,Contact email:Goodlucksendme@gmail.com。Thanks!
You can leave your url first, Wallet will release next day..
ChatcoinTeam (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 12:27:19 PM

so... you create a clone with a very small additional idea that could potentially save a ton of room on a hard drive in the long run.  Then say your going to release it and allow the first XXXXX blocks (nobody knows yet because "bitmessage v2 is in development")to have the bloatware chat? Contradict you plan and show nothing of the "open" code your referring to for the V2.0?  I don't really foresee this as any better then talkcoin since it quite literally is JUST A CLONE, thats it! So when you fail to release your v2.0 code within a couple weeks of launch you will be in the same position as talkcoin so I really dont see whats special? Wheres the proof of concept? How is v2 going to work vs the original? What are you doing yourself to promote chatcoin? Who are your team members and what do they have to offer?

Pump n dump anyone?

If you insist on mining it heres some faster hashrates for 270x / 270 / 7870:

http://redd.it/29n16h
(also includes kernel fix + bin files for 14.6 drivers)

and if you want to rent a Nist5 Rig heres the place to do it:

http://[Suspicious link removed]/1jZnhJK
please reg here to give referral, thanks Smiley:
http://[Suspicious link removed]/1q7SZKZ

They offer the best options for failover support, statistics and actually respond to tickets in a timely manor! Hands down the best rig rental site!

Back on topic.. I hope those that choose to support this effort aren't burnt :/.  Don't say I didn't warn you Smiley. Without a valid response to this post I would move on and mine TAC as it was the first and likely will continue to grow.. Without a reasonable response, not worth the risk. Good luck Smiley.
We kown bulk questions may come.....
Let time say...
robinf

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 01:17:23 PM

Talkcoin clone?

kqpahv

Activity: 229

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 01:48:36 PM

Whats up with the fascination with TOR lately ?
You know that TOR network is full of FBI,NSA etc nodes which renders it useless to anyone looking for anonymity/security.
So whats the point of using it anyway ?
guozi

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 01:53:07 PM

炎热夏日不挖矿,挖矿只挖NIST5 (清凉夏日*功耗低*绿色开采)

Talkcoin   (NIST5独创算法/第一个去中心化匿名聊天和投票的加密货币)https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=619210 

Icebergcoin(使用TAC的NIST5算法/POW/POS)https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=673524.0   

Chatcoin  (使用TAC的NIST5算法/匿名聊天)https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=675803.0

(◕‿◕)--Talkcoin聊聊币、第一个视频分享在线观看、第一去中心微博币、第一个匿名聊天币、第一个NIST5算法币;第一个  第一个............
(◕‿◕)--Talkcoin:   TmwMPsGYV4iSQL9pLqXBjeQMVJB5dPYX97
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀ --------▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
restless
Legendary

Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 01:53:36 PM

Cheesy
ChatcoinTeam (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 02:01:31 PM

Thanks in advance.

That's already been done by Talkcoin, only without the image. We have plans to include it in the future. It seems you have the same ideas like us.
But if you won't find a reason for users to use the wallet, the ads would be pointless too because nobody reads it.
Seems you're good at it. I wonder why don't you join the Talkteam instead of creating a new coin ?
You know:
No competition, No innovation.This is rule of the ecosystem.
We never thought to replace Talkcoin.
We support Talkcoin for ever. We have bulk talkcoins too...
Frankly, If Talkcoin is strong enough, Chatcoin will die and to be a shit coin. Other wise the Talkcoin and Chatcoin may be both shit coins.
So give Talkcoin some pressure may be better than I join the talkcoin team for Talkcoin development...

Back to AD, you know,  AD is everywhere, They dose not care whether you glance at it or not..
See or not, it's there....
This is AD.

ChatcoinTeam (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 02:11:37 PM

Whats up with the fascination with TOR lately ?
You know that TOR network is full of FBI,NSA etc nodes which renders it useless to anyone looking for anonymity/security.
So whats the point of using it anyway ?
FBI?
Unavoid for any network.
We choose bitmessage and talkcoin choose TOR. No one is out of PRISM.

Hesiod

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 02:18:52 PM

Would you implement something similar to what the Minerals coin did to avoid big farms reaping all your coins from the start just to dump all of them the next day? What they did is limit the hashrate per user, and their coin could only be mined on their pool during the PoW stage. They didn't release the wallet until PoS stage to avoid solo mining.

It resulted in Minerals having 25 GHs at the start compared to 100 GHs for other recent coins, even really shitty ones such as Hodorcoin, which proves that 75% of the miners are professional dumpers, big farms or multipools targeting new coins for a quick buck and not caring at all about the project.
hualehua

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

I am looking for a dev!

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 02:24:09 PM

NIST 5,cool algo,Green COIN!
SUPPORT IT.
ChatcoinTeam (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 02:37:49 PM

Would you implement something similar to what the Minerals coin did to avoid big farms reaping all your coins from the start just to dump all of them the next day? What they did is limit the hashrate per user, and their coin could only be mined on their pool during the PoW stage. They didn't release the wallet until PoS stage to avoid solo mining.

It resulted in Minerals having 25 GHs at the start compared to 100 GHs for other recent coins, even really shitty ones such as Hodorcoin, which proves that 75% of the miners are professional dumpers, big farms or multipools targeting new coins for a quick buck and not caring at all about the project.

Miners dumping is the rule of the ecosystem. Let it go. No dump, No buy. Hashrate determine price.
Chatcoin will be mined in at least 3 years before most coin generated.., never worry about it.
Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 03:02:50 PM

Thank god you did not call it Talk2 Smiley
will you be putting up a pool? Or not to your liking

Avalanche is a must own
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: