Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:00:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IT Administrator Mining  (Read 15441 times)
MrTiggr

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 03:10:00 PM

Cheesy /me *giggles*

wow - such a nifty trick to delete all his posts....

Daniel, Daniel, Daniel .... on the internetz, you cannot un-ring a bell:

https://i.imgur.com/7zBVa.jpg

THAT is a screenshot of your complete PRE-deleted thread - and i am sure webarchive.org and wayback machines of all kinds will regurgitate this thread happily unredacted... not to mention the sheer fact that this thread will now appear in the Google searches of all your future employers (yes, during recruitment - companies use Google!)

Chalk it up as a black mark on your permanent internet record, bro - "this is one doodle that cant be un-did; home-skillet!"

Cheers
T

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 03:15:45 PM

Cheesy /me *giggles*

wow - such a nifty trick to delete all his posts....

Daniel, Daniel, Daniel .... on the internetz, you cannot un-ring a bell:

https://i.imgur.com/7zBVa.jpg

THAT is a screenshot of your complete PRE-deleted thread - and i am sure webarchive.org and wayback machines of all kinds will regurgitate this thread happily unredacted... not to mention the sheer fact that this thread will now appear in the Google searches of all your future employers (yes, during recruitment - companies use Google!)

Chalk it up as a black mark on your permanent internet record, bro - "this is one doodle that cant be un-did; home-skillet!"

Cheers
T
Pwned  Grin
pieppiep

Activity: 1596
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 03:22:49 PM

Here is another post of him.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=67579.msg786416#msg786416

Too bad im not on 64-bit windows Sad

Anything is efficient for me. I'll be running this miner from work, so i don't pay electricity!

SomeoneWeird

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 03:59:30 AM

Oops.

good on ya.
Valalvax

Activity: 437
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 04:00:00 AM

I posted this thread to Facebook

A friend of mine posted this in that thread

"Hi Don, hope this is your real address, thank you for bringing this to our attention, it has turned out to be true and Daniel has admitted these crimes.

The matter is being dealt with by our HR Manager Julie Beckett.

Best Regards
Michael Boardman
IT Manager & SAP Administrator
Weston EU Ltd"
Shadow383

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 04:02:33 AM

"Hi Don, hope this is your real address, thank you for bringing this to our attention, it has turned out to be true and Daniel has admitted these crimes.

Best Regards
Michael Boardman
Weston EU Ltd"

Bahaha fantastic.
Can't understand why someone would CPU mine with their employer's hardware.
The payoff is miniscule, it's totally illegal and there's a real and significant chance of getting caught, fired and charged (in this case presumably under the computer misuse act).
Not to mention getting sued by the (former) employer.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 04:11:33 AM

Best Regards
Michael Boardman
Weston EU Ltd"
That's pretty dang hilarious.
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 04:40:10 AM

What was the total anyway? 150 Mhash/s? He couldn't have possibly even made an entire coin in that short space of time. Lulz.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 05:07:34 AM

*pwned totally* Grin

Best Regards
Michael Boardman
Weston EU Ltd"
That's pretty dang hilarious.
coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 05:11:22 AM

The guys asked for it. He's a thief and comes here to brag about it and asks for advice to further steal from his company. And he's stupid enough to use a username that gives away his real name. Seriously?

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2012, 06:19:33 AM

Holy swift justice Batman. I figured we'd never find out anything and this thread would slowly die.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
SomeoneWeird

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 06:45:36 AM

Holy swift justice Batman. I figured we'd never find out anything and this thread would slowly die.

Nup, #bitcoin-police pwned him.
phorensic

Activity: 630

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 07:01:21 AM

I remember the old days when I used to run Folding @ Home on 100+ computers at work.  The goal was to seriously find a cure for cancer.  There was no financial gain back then.  Boss found out after a while that every computer had 100% CPU usage, but no process listed, lol.  I explained to him the project, how I did it all automatically with scripts, etc.  I had to take down the cluster, but my boss was seriously impressed with my skills on how to handle a big cluster of folding machines.  He later used my scripts that I developed to push out certain new software.  It was such a win situation!  I feel bad for these IT guys who get busted for bitcoin mining and the bosses don't recognize they actually have skills that can be guided towards being more productive.  What ever happened to hackers that got hired by the company they hacked into because they proved their skills!?!?
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 07:06:44 AM

I remember the old days when I used to run Folding @ Home on 100+ computers at work.  The goal was to seriously find a cure for cancer.  There was no financial gain back then.  Boss found out after a while that every computer had 100% CPU usage, but no process listed, lol.  I explained to him the project, how I did it all automatically with scripts, etc.  I had to take down the cluster, but my boss was seriously impressed with my skills on how to handle a big cluster of folding machines.  He later used my scripts that I developed to push out certain new software.  It was such a win situation!  I feel bad for these IT guys who get busted for bitcoin mining and the bosses don't recognize they actually have skills that can be guided towards being more productive.  What ever happened to hackers that got hired by the company they hacked into because they proved their skills!?!?
This is quite different as he's doing this for personal gain.
Enigma81

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 07:08:05 AM

Well, skills are great things to have, but most companies are far more interested in an employee's values and morals.  Skills can be taught and molded, morals are pretty much set in stone by the time one reaches career age.

Even in your case - while I don't ever agree with using someone's resources without their knowledge - you did it with good intentions.  Curing cancer is a long way from making a buck with bitcoin and selling your employer's hardware on ebay.  This guy wasn't a hacker (for good or bad), and his morals were obviously fuxed up.  

enigma
phorensic

Activity: 630

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 07:16:36 AM

Ok so I shouldn't tell you how I brought my personal video card to work and used it to mine bitcoins while my new video cards mined at home.  Got it!  Got busted for that one too, this time I did not try to hide anything more for the IT boss/director  Tongue
pieppiep

Activity: 1596
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 08:05:10 AM

And you forget he stole hardware and sold it on ebay.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 12:21:59 PM

This is the most bad point about this situation. If he only mined coins on the system this wouldn't be that bad at all.
SomeoneWeird

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 01:08:06 PM

This is the most bad point about this situation. If he only mined coins on the system this wouldn't be that bad at all.

It's still stealing company resources.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 01:10:48 PM

It's still stealing company resources.
He might get off with a reprimand if it's only bitcoin mining. Stealing escalates this whole matter.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: