Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:37:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: call an end to the rally  (Read 12317 times)
altoid (OP)

Activity: 48
Merit: 9

View Profile
May 10, 2011, 07:28:49 AM

Ok, my prediction was exceeded by today's spike and my order was filled, but if it falls from here, I will call my prediction accurate.  If not, oops!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lulzplzkthx

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2011, 01:18:37 PM

I'm guessing this is from the Forbes article?

coined

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2011, 06:01:09 PM

Ok, my prediction was exceeded by today's spike and my order was filled, but if it falls from here, I will call my prediction accurate.  If not, oops!

you still waiting on a drop (which might still happen) to buy back in? or did you take a loss and just buy back higher to be safe?

just curious  Tongue
dacoinminster
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2011, 07:20:00 PM

It is my personal opinion that the rally is just getting started (see my sig).

There WILL be a peak, followed by panic selling, followed by wild price swings, possibly followed by higher peaks (or not), and then hopefully the market will reach some level of stability at some price. The final stabilized price is anybody's guess.

Hopefully before the peak, somebody will create a way to short bitcoin, so that people who call the peak can profit from the drop too Smiley

altoid (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2011, 09:36:35 PM

I've still got my buy order down around parity.  The higher it goes at this point, the more likely the drop begins.  It will be interesting to see the shift in tone around here when that happens.  When everyone is doom-and-gloom on bitcoin, time to buy.

That being said, I sure wish I had 12x my money instead of 4x, but oh well, many who think they've 12xed will have lost by the bottom.
Alex Beckenham

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 13, 2011, 10:45:26 PM

I've got a buy order for 1 coin at $3.57.

Simply because that's all I have in Mt Gox at the moment, and you can't buy fractions yet Smiley

matteumayo

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2011, 04:46:20 AM

I'm saving everything until at least the end of July.

I should have ~60 BTC by then so I may be able to get a nice profit.

I shorted 3 BTC for $20 earlier, pretty crazy the price is so high all of a sudden.
wumpus

Activity: 812
Merit: 1022

No Maps for These Territories

View Profile
May 14, 2011, 07:16:17 AM

I've still got my buy order down around parity.  The higher it goes at this point, the more likely the drop begins.  It will be interesting to see the shift in tone around here when that happens.  When everyone is doom-and-gloom on bitcoin, time to buy.
I've sold a part of my holdings yesterday so that when the correction comes I at least have my initial investment back. It's still rising, but I don't expect it to go very fast from here and we might see a correction.

Then again, people have been proved wrong before, it might really go to $20 first Tongue

Bitcoin Core developer [PGP] Warning: For most, coin loss is a larger risk than coin theft. A disk can die any time. Regularly back up your wallet through FileBackup Wallet to an external storage or the (encrypted!) cloud. Use a separate offline wallet for storing larger amounts.
altoid (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2011, 10:00:33 PM

Then again, people have been proved wrong before, it might really go to $20 first Tongue

markets can literally do ANYTHING, but what is interesting is what is probable.  $20 before a deep correction is possible, but not probable at this point IMHO
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 14, 2011, 10:08:03 PM

Top = $8.9
Current price = $7.02
End of rally = $5.96

It's possible we could reach there.  The price dropped rather suddenly and drastically.  Who knows?

Either way, I'm still PLENTY happy with BTC being anywhere over $5.  Even over $3 is ok.
altoid (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2011, 11:25:44 PM

Top = $8.9
Current price = $7.02
End of rally = $5.96

Do you mean "end of correction"?
NghtRppr

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2011, 11:27:58 PM

When everyone is doom-and-gloom on bitcoin, time to buy.

That's exactly why speculators provide a valuable service. They smooth out the market and don't let it drop as low as it would have otherwise.

MIDASBITCOIN

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2011, 08:28:26 AM

Cash out to gold or silver.

we will sell you single 1 ounce silver maple leafs.
http://www.artdesignstore.com/images/mapleleafcoin.jpg

altoid (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 01:11:23 AM

ok, I was waaaaaay wrong with my last call, but I'm going for it again:

The top is immanent.  An ending diagonal pattern has completed or is near completion.  This is, in Elliott Wave parlance, the 5th wave of the 5 wave sequence that started back in October 2010.  This entire move should be retraced with the most probable bottom coming in around 1 btc = $1.

I've liquidated all of my bitcoins and have $25k sitting in Mt. Gox with a 25k btc order at $1 per btc.

Once the rally renews from there, I can retire...wish me luck Smiley
mewantsbitcoins

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 01:14:58 AM

I think you'll be buying back the coins at $15-18  Grin
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 01:46:19 AM

The top is immanent.  An ending diagonal pattern has completed or is near completion.  This is, in Elliott Wave parlance, the 5th wave of the 5 wave sequence that started back in October 2010.  This entire move should be retraced with the most probable bottom coming in around 1 btc = $1.

I've liquidated all of my bitcoins and have $25k sitting in Mt. Gox with a 25k btc order at $1 per btc.

Doesn't sound like a good idea to me. Bitcoin is highly unlikely to ever see $1 again.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
Jaime Frontero

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 02:35:47 AM

ok.  good luck.
Terpie

Activity: 174
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 02:40:20 AM

Yikes, you do realize every fundamental metric (searches, forum traffic, sourceforge download stats, news mentions, etc.) is going parabolic right now? That doesn't necessarily mean the price will go up, but it is promising.
rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 02:42:03 AM

Hopefully you're right.  I won't purchase btc unless it falls well below $10, otherwise I'll just accept that I was late to the party.   I'll be kicking myself if the value skyrockets though.

Agreed. I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to love with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
PseudoCode

Activity: 153

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 02:44:11 AM

I think you'll be buying back the coins at $15-18  Grin

I think so too Smiley

Ive asked S3052 and others to explain *why* they think an entirely new form of currency that offers *many* advantages over any of the existing forms of value trading systems, and is *just starting* to pick up steam (as far as mainstream awareness goes) would possibly follow the old patterns of "normal" stocks of companies and commodities.

Did the adoption of the Internet and Broadband follow "Elliot Waves" ?
Did anyone talk about "Bear and Bull" markets with regard to BitTorrent's uptake ?
Were Mobile Phones considered a "Bubble that will burst ?"
Did the takeover of the Automobile follow "The Markets *Rules* ?"

Digital Cameras annihilated the 100+ year old film/development industry within a decade, CCD's and Portable mass storage combined to totally change the way we took and stored images almost overnight (in cultural time frames)

Bitcoin is also an entirely new technology combination that stands to revolutionize the worlds whole financial system and how people transact with each other, and some think it will follow the usual stock-market rules just because it uses seemingly familiar "exchanges" to help it along.

I personally think it will rise, and rise, and rise for at least 5 or 10 years, (possibly in bursts according to media coverage/awareness grows) as mass-adoption gradually happens..

Unless something catastrophic (and very unlikely) happens, such as the governments of the world conducting an all-out media-smear campaign against it war-on-drugs style (possible - even although it will likely fail, just like prohibition and WOD), switch off the internet (yeah right), or start jailing people for using it (yeah right again).

I try not be a cheerleader/fanboi, but Ive been in the Electronics and I.T. industry for 30 years and I havent *ever* seen anything with the potential that this project has to change the world for the better.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: