Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:17:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: call an end to the rally  (Read 12323 times)
Basiley

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 03:32:32 AM

$1k is unlikely, IMO.
not SO fast.
but hardly avoidable.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 06:53:46 AM

well, the market is closer to my parity prediction than the previous high.  Anybody wanna join my bear-camp?  Still not too late!  Btw I sold about 100 bitcoins at $31/btc, that felt good  Cool
Couldn't have had better timing.

I sold a quarter of mine (which is less than your hundred) for $24/BTC.  Good time to do it by the looks of things... now I'm thinking about buying as much as I sold at less than half the price.
altoid (OP)

Activity: 48
Merit: 9

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 05:55:48 PM

booyah
coined

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 07:01:18 PM

ooh, just online again, I'm not sure what happened yet, possible hack sell off to 0.01 or something on mtgox?, did you get a parity order filled in the process? if so very nice!  Tongue imagine the guys that had the 0.01 orders, waking up and finding them filled  Grin Grin Grin unless it was all mtgox users combined getting sold in a hack...  Sad

can you withdraw?
altoid (OP)

Activity: 48
Merit: 9

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 07:41:15 PM
Merited by californiaquail (1)

I got 80 btc out, but they are rolling everything back, so I don't think I'm a millionaire....yet
coined

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 11:50:14 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2011, 12:44:25 AM by coined

after reading the forum a bit, a roll back really is the only thing he can do(right or wrong being irrelevant),

though it's funny watching all the guys that got there 0.10 orders filled going crazy calling the roll back bullshit  Grin

saying its the only thing he can do is based on the assumption that mtgox doesn't personally own 500k btc or the cash equivalent to pay the 500k owner back,  just opening the exchange with no roll back and letting the low orders stand would mean he is just ignoring the guy with the lost 500k btc and that would be worse than the fecking hack, "oh you lost millions on my exchange? tough shit!, stop e-mailing me everyday about it ffs... want some cheese with that whine?"

although even if he did have the 8 million $

he is still looking at the choices of

1: let all orders stand and screw the 500k customer

2: pay the millions back personally and let all orders stand (haha)

3: roll back and pay the few thousand himself

4: close exchange and flee with all the cash

is this a fair assessment?
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 03:58:22 PM

I got 80 btc out, but they are rolling everything back, so I don't think I'm a millionaire....yet
2 years later you were DPR. Too bad it went all down the drain.
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 11:57:46 PM

well, the market is closer to my parity prediction than the previous high.  Anybody wanna join my bear-camp?  Still not too late!  Btw I sold about 100 bitcoins at $31/btc, that felt good  Cool

Not anymore   Wink

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
deadsilent

Activity: 1148
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 04:38:49 AM

After some analysis tonight, I have come to the conclusion that the most likely end to the current rally will be at 1 btc = $4.54.  When I say end, I mean a major top will form and the price will drop at least 33% from there.  I will be putting in a sell order at $4.25 for my entire account as soon as I transfer my bitcoins there.  I'll go a step further and call an end to the drop at around parity.

Anyone else have any predictions for a top?  Anyone think it will go up and up forever without any major pull-backs?
Your prediction is pure negative. But theres a possibility it will turn into that price as you predicted. But for me bitcoin will never fall to that price again. Bitcoin is very popular right now so the demand of bitcoin will increase and the price of bitcoin a piece will rise too. Bitcoin price.is hard to predict. Its hard to know when it rise or drop. But we all hope it will rise.
NetFreak199

Activity: 910
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 05:58:09 AM

After some analysis tonight, I have come to the conclusion that the most likely end to the current rally will be at 1 btc = $4.54.  When I say end, I mean a major top will form and the price will drop at least 33% from there.  I will be putting in a sell order at $4.25 for my entire account as soon as I transfer my bitcoins there.  I'll go a step further and call an end to the drop at around parity.

Anyone else have any predictions for a top?  Anyone think it will go up and up forever without any major pull-backs?
Your prediction is pure negative. But theres a possibility it will turn into that price as you predicted. But for me bitcoin will never fall to that price again. Bitcoin is very popular right now so the demand of bitcoin will increase and the price of bitcoin a piece will rise too. Bitcoin price.is hard to predict. Its hard to know when it rise or drop. But we all hope it will rise.
You need read first before posting these post belong to year 2011 and the price of bitcoin at that time is in cheap price I hope op grab that opportunity and not waste any bitcoin they buy , now he is rich.
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 06:39:31 PM

You need read first before posting these post belong to year 2011 and the price of bitcoin at that time is in cheap price I hope op grab that opportunity and not waste any bitcoin they buy , now he is rich.

Lol... the dude he is replying to is also in jail for life... doubt he's reading this

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████