Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:47:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We need a "No begging" policy...  (Read 8736 times)
blablahblah

Activity: 775
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 01, 2012, 12:46:39 PM

I think begging is part of a competitive market and naturally sorts itself out. Isn't any soliciting for commerce essentially begging? It's just that the marketing skill and creativity of the "beggar" varies across a wide range. Who can draw a line and say "this is acceptable business advertising, but that isn't"?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Raoul Duke (OP)
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 01, 2012, 01:02:54 PM

I think begging is part of a competitive market and naturally sorts itself out. Isn't any soliciting for commerce essentially begging? It's just that the marketing skill and creativity of the "beggar" varies across a wide range. Who can draw a line and say "this is acceptable business advertising, but that isn't"?

So... "my house burned down, please spare some change" could be considered "acceptable business advertising" by some standard that I'm not aware of?
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 01, 2012, 01:07:28 PM

So... "my house burned down, please spare some change" could be considered "acceptable business advertising" by some standard that I'm not aware of?
This
blablahblah

Activity: 775

View Profile
April 01, 2012, 01:25:33 PM

It doesn't matter. As long as people have two brain cells to rub together, they will ignore that person (or ridicule them or whatever), and instead they'll send their money to some other guy offering shares in a venture capital housing construction business.
tonto

Activity: 609
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 09:49:44 PM

Please, please, please, can we have a no begging policy.  Grin
Actually, I don't care.

er, isn't this very post a begging post? Smiley
legolouman

Activity: 504

Decent Programmer to boot!

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 10:28:55 PM

Please, please, please, can we have a no begging policy.  Grin
Actually, I don't care.

I beg of you! Make a no begging rule!

If you love me, you'd give me a Satoshi!
BTC - 1MSzGKh5znbrcEF2qTrtrWBm4ydH5eT49f
LTC - LYeJrmYQQvt6gRQxrDz66XTwtkdodx9udz
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2012, 01:17:23 AM

I say let them beg, after all, being able to share addresses online is one of the fundamental advantages of bitcoin...

Please, please, please, can we have a no begging policy.  Grin
Actually, I don't care.

I think he was being intentionally begging-like to imply sarcasm Smiley
Gladamas

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Bitcoin today is what the internet was in 1998.

View Profile
May 03, 2012, 01:53:39 AM

Some begging threads are really entertaining. We should have a section where all the begging threads go, and trolling those threads is allowed and encouraged.

I agree with this, I also think that Moderators should be able to move threads to the Begging section (if they can't already) and that the Begging section should be a subsection under Newbies.

Why? Two reasons, so that Newbies can post begging threads which we can make fun of, and so that Newbies can troll on begging threads.

1GLADMZ5tL4HkS6BAWPfJLeZJCDHAd9Fr3 - LQ6Zx8v7fHVBiDX5Lmhbp6oEDB7dUFjANu
GPG 0xF219D5BB3C467E12 - Litecoin Forum
Raoul Duke (OP)
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2012, 02:02:33 AM

Some begging threads are really entertaining. We should have a section where all the begging threads go, and trolling those threads is allowed and encouraged.

I agree with this, I also think that Moderators should be able to move threads to the Begging section (if they can't already) and that the Begging section should be a subsection under Newbies.

Why? Two reasons, so that Newbies can post begging threads which we can make fun of, and so that Newbies can troll on begging threads.

This forum already has a lot of entertainment value but this suggestion would only add to it Grin
+1
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
May 03, 2012, 03:56:55 AM

In all seriousness, anyone who isn't a cripple or dying has no right to beg.

Begging is what you do when you have no options. It is not a fall-back for when you don't feel like looking for a job, being creative, or fixing the problems in your life.

I see people on this forum begging for money who have cars, TVs, houses, etc and actual skills. I see others who are able bodied young men who could be mowing lawns if it weren't for their wild egos.

Let's face it. Begging should be looked down on and thought of as an absolute last resort for someone next to death. I highly doubt the internet provided lazy trailer trash on here often begging for Bitcoins could be doing some mundane task to earn them as well.

What we really need is not a begging subforum, but a part-time-job subforum where people can do small internet-based workloads for small bitcoin fees. You know, like Mechanical Turk.

Where is your creativity people?

legolouman

Activity: 504

Decent Programmer to boot!

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 05:37:00 PM

In all seriousness, anyone who isn't a cripple or dying has no right to beg.

Begging is what you do when you have no options. It is not a fall-back for when you don't feel like looking for a job, being creative, or fixing the problems in your life.

I see people on this forum begging for money who have cars, TVs, houses, etc and actual skills. I see others who are able bodied young men who could be mowing lawns if it weren't for their wild egos.

Let's face it. Begging should be looked down on and thought of as an absolute last resort for someone next to death. I highly doubt the internet provided lazy trailer trash on here often begging for Bitcoins could be doing some mundane task to earn them as well.

What we really need is not a begging subforum, but a part-time-job subforum where people can do small internet-based workloads for small bitcoin fees. You know, like Mechanical Turk.

Where is your creativity people?

Technically, we are all dying, albeit very slowly.

If you love me, you'd give me a Satoshi!
BTC - 1MSzGKh5znbrcEF2qTrtrWBm4ydH5eT49f
LTC - LYeJrmYQQvt6gRQxrDz66XTwtkdodx9udz
Enkel

Activity: 122
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 03:46:59 AM

Wow. Now I feel like a total noob (again). 

While trapped under the newbie dome, there was a thread, some guy asked for 1 BTC.  I thought all these nice people had actually given him 1BTC each.  (In my defense, I offered a 400-500 word article for 1BTC).

You guys need to be a bit more clear with your snarkiness (at least in that forum).  How else will we newbies learn the rules of the road?  Its real tempting to beg when it looks like some guy got 5BTC just for having the balls to ask for it.

*slinks away in shame*
Gladamas

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 05:14:37 AM

I was just joking when I said this. We could maybe post a list of begging threads for the fun of it, but making fun of newbies is just wrong.

Wow. Now I feel like a total noob (again).  

While trapped under the newbie dome, there was a thread, some guy asked for 1 BTC.  I thought all these nice people had actually given him 1BTC each.  (In my defense, I offered a 400-500 word article for 1BTC).

You guys need to be a bit more clear with your snarkiness (at least in that forum).  How else will we newbies learn the rules of the road?  Its real tempting to beg when it looks like some guy got 5BTC just for having the balls to ask for it.

*slinks away in shame*

I agree. We shouldn't stereotype someone just because they are asking (begging) for money. C'mon guys, you know you were just joking, right?

Like the title says, we need a no begging policy around here.

Or are we the kind of suckers that will give the fish instead of teaching them how to handle a fishing pole?

Beg 1 time, get a warning.
Insist on begging, BAN the fucker.

If people are banned for off-topic posts, they should be banned for begging.
Also, if you notice carefully, 99% of the beggars will turn out to be scammers. <--- Reason enough for this policy

Your thoughts about this?

Can someone donate to "Help Psytard Get Laid" fund.

A few BTC will get him a high quality gay crack whore.

Send donations to 1QGetPsytardLaidQa977LJ3YHXXW8B

If you don't like begging, hit the IGNORE button.

~BCX~

Wow, that's some customized address you have there! How long did it take you to make it in VanityGen?  Shocked It would take me like 100 years!

Raoul Duke (OP)
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 05:25:49 AM

Wow, that's some customized address you have there! How long did it take you to make it in VanityGen?  Shocked It would take me like 100 years!

The address is not even valid...
Gladamas

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 10:30:07 PM

Kinda like your OP LOL

Grin Grin Grin

~BCX~

Funny thing is, I was being completely serious. I am so gullible.  Cheesy

tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

So is this the case, no begging now?

I thought we could express anything other than calling for acts of violance.

I have seen mods edit peoples posts so searched for this. Anyway odd there is a note about not removing scams but you guys get rid of begging...

I don't usually delete being posts, just remove the addresses and make a note.  I make notes on potential scams as well.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2013, 09:19:32 PM

Kinda like your OP LOL

Grin Grin Grin

~BCX~

Funny thing is, I was being completely serious. I am so gullible.  Cheesy

Where did I see your avatar before, albeit it was spinning?
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 09:22:14 PM

Wow, that's some customized address you have there! How long did it take you to make it in VanityGen?  Shocked It would take me like 100 years!

Kinda like your OP LOL

Grin Grin Grin

~BCX~

Funny thing is, I was being completely serious. I am so gullible.  Cheesy

Where did I see your avatar before, albeit it was spinning?

4 dimensional geometry? It's a Tesseract or as the Internet likes to call it "Hypercube
just_me

Activity: 420

Jesus Christ Saves Sinners

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 12:03:27 PM

SaveMe.info allows people to ask for crypto-coin donations from their own webpage at saveme.info

Today is the day that the Lord has made, lets be glad and rejoice in it
Kouye

Activity: 336

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 12:47:36 AM

Agreed with OP.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=308093.msg3303391#msg3303391

This guy ran away with a lot of "donations".
And he's loling now.

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: