Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:39:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BETA] MtGosis - Streamlined OS X trading and ticker utility  (Read 3641 times)
seventoes (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 05:12:31 PM

Hey guys!

I'm proud to announce my first release of an app I've been writing for a bit. I present to you MtGosis, a small efficient utility I created to make trading on MtGox as painless as possible.

It's very un-tested right now, so I'm dubbing it a beta and recommending that you don't point it at any high-value accounts. There shouldn't be anything it can damage, but I can't make any guarantees.

The UI is quite obviously 'borrowed' from Bitcoinica, I think their website has a great layout for quick and simple trading.

To download just check out http://stith.me/MtGosis/

Please send any feedback my way in the form of email, a reply to this thread, or any other way you'd like to get a hold of me. Especially if you find anything wrong, I really want this thing to be stable.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
shtylman

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 04:04:30 AM

Would you consider adding a Bitfloor trading option? The API is very similar Smiley
seventoes (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 04:23:31 AM

Would you consider adding a Bitfloor trading option? The API is very similar Smiley
I built it to be pretty module so that's definitely possible, but this application uses the streaming websocket API for all communications, and their connection-based API is nowhere near similar to MtGox's!
shtylman

Activity: 243

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 04:28:57 AM

I built it to be pretty module so that's definitely possible, but this application uses the streaming websocket API for all communications, and their connection-based API is nowhere near similar to MtGox's!

The REST API for order entry is similar. There is no websocket API tho.
chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 05:05:09 AM

Windowz, now!
seventoes (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 05:37:56 AM

Windowz, now!
I've tried programming for Windows, it's a nightmare.
drkurubit

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 02:02:16 PM

downloaded and going to test it today, thank you.
drkurubit

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 03:05:54 PM

I love it wow is so helpfull, i only ave 2 suggestions, ones is when you buy or sell have the field where you put the amount clear it self, and also have the btc ballence in your acount clicacble, like if i have 4.72084430 in my balance  and i want to sell it, i just click my balance and it automaticaly fills up the field.
seventoes (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 05:03:04 PM

I love it wow is so helpfull, i only ave 2 suggestions, ones is when you buy or sell have the field where you put the amount clear it self, and also have the btc ballence in your acount clicacble, like if i have 4.72084430 in my balance  and i want to sell it, i just click my balance and it automaticaly fills up the field.
Oooo great suggestions. I'll work on both of em over the weekend.
Aggro
Donator

Activity: 296

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 05:42:00 PM

seventoes

As a mac user, thank you so much for this wonderful app! I was wondering if you are planning to open source it? I am a bit leary to enter my API credentials since they could be sent by the software anywhere. Please don't take this the wrong way Smiley It is just that we keep 5 figures on our mtgox account at all times Smiley

Roberto
seventoes (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 06:01:56 PM

seventoes

As a mac user, thank you so much for this wonderful app! I was wondering if you are planning to open source it? I am a bit leary to enter my API credentials since they could be sent by the software anywhere. Please don't take this the wrong way Smiley It is just that we keep 5 figures on our mtgox account at all times Smiley

Roberto

I know it's not much, but I promise it isn't sending anything anywhere! For more solid proof, if you have software like Little Snitch (which I love), you can verify 100% that the only thing this app connects to is socketio.mtgox.com, which is MtGox's streaming API interface.

Also, for a bit more security the page I link to is on my personal site, which includes my full name, and my actual address is in the whois information for the domain. I would never do anything shady like that online, especially when connecting it to my real identity!
Aggro
Donator

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 06:29:16 PM

I know it's not much, but I promise it isn't sending anything anywhere! For more solid proof, if you have software like Little Snitch (which I love), you can verify 100% that the only thing this app connects to is socketio.mtgox.com, which is MtGox's streaming API interface.

Also, for a bit more security the page I link to is on my personal site, which includes my full name, and my actual address is in the whois information for the domain. I would never do anything shady like that online, especially when connecting it to my real identity!

Thank you! I haven't noticed that. The app is certainly elegant and right to the point. I like it! I have donated 1.76 BTC from aurumxchange.

I will keep your name in mind since we are looking to develop a desktop/iphone app for our company where users can quickly check exchange rates, and perhaps even place an exchange order. Once we know WTF exactly we want to do with it, I will definitely contact you.
Aggro
Donator

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 06:30:41 PM

AND thanks for the tip on little snitch! I am relatively new to Mac and have been looking for an app like this forever Smiley.
seventoes (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 06:50:43 PM

Thank you! I haven't noticed that. The app is certainly elegant and right to the point. I like it! I have donated 1.76 BTC from aurumxchange.

I will keep your name in mind since we are looking to develop a desktop/iphone app for our company where users can quickly check exchange rates, and perhaps even place an exchange order. Once we know WTF exactly we want to do with it, I will definitely contact you.

Awesome, thanks!
garyrowe

Activity: 198
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2012, 11:53:33 AM

Looks like a useful application and a welcome addition to the Bitcoin ecosystem. Well done!

On a side note, if anyone is interested in a multi-platform, multi-exchange version of this kind of functionality you may want to keep an eye on MultiBit in the next couple of months.

We're currently working in collaboration with Xeiam on a project called XChange which provides a Java library (free, open source under MIT license) that is able to talk to multiple exchanges (both Bitcoin and fiat) and provide a simple developer API. Developers should think of it like JDBC for exchanges (no messing about with individual APIs and protocols like FIX, just a single clean API). Implementations in other mainstream languages are also in the pipeline but we're focusing on Java to get it off the ground.

XChange is currently at alpha release (so no big announcement yet) and has the following feature set working in the v0.0.1 branch:

MtGox:
* get current bitcoin prices (both one-off and streaming over SocketIO)

Intersango:
* get current bitcoin prices (one-off)

Other popular Bitcoin exchanges will follow shortly, and the XChange library will be included into MultiBit to support seamless trading operations. This is currently scheduled for end of Q2 2012.

For more information, see here: https://github.com/timmolter/XChange/wiki

The main developers are
Tim Molter (Xeiam) - lead developer
Gary Rowe (MultiBit) - collaborator

seventoes (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 12:49:35 PM

Hey man don't jack my thread, I'm ego tripping here! Haha. Do you have a main announcement thread we can discuss your project in?
garyrowe

Activity: 198
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2012, 12:58:48 PM

Hey man don't jack my thread, I'm ego tripping here! Haha. Do you have a main announcement thread we can discuss your project in?

Apologies - no jacking intended. Just responding to some others concerns about getting this kind of functionality available on other platforms.

It's too early for a proper announcement thread, probably next week would be better.

Best of luck with the project - it's good to see this kind of work taking place. Keep it up :-)

Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 02:12:25 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2012, 02:55:42 PM by Otoh

hey, very cool - thanks & will send a donation next week, btw for newbs like me you need to use the MtGox Advanced API key creation option & the MtGosis Preferences are found at the top left of your screen, click MtGosis for the drop down menu when you have the app as your front open window - is there any way to have it permanently floating on top btw? It's really neat - my first time to use an API app like this Smiley

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
Kaos

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 02:43:05 PM

Executable seems to have disappeared from the website... Any ideas?!
seventoes (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 03:46:30 PM

Executable seems to have disappeared from the website... Any ideas?!
Whoops, thanks for letting me know! Fixed!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: