Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:36:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you really earn more money because you went to college?  (Read 12994 times)
zee11224

Activity: 282
Merit: 250

Authentic Individual

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:05:52 AM

I think this totally depends on you. In my case I think I will hardly earn money and would not be accepted to my current job If haven't went to College.

"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CounterStrike

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:57:11 AM

Prefer to keep the money spend on college and use the time to work on McDonald. Use the saving to start up bitcoin investment or business.
boumalo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 02:09:34 PM

Prefer to keep the money spend on college and use the time to work on McDonald. Use the saving to start up bitcoin investment or business.

If you start working early you can build work experience and you have time to innovate and be recognised in your field; some positions are only filled with college graduates though

I think this totally depends on you. In my case I think I will hardly earn money and would not be accepted to my current job If haven't went to College.

You would have done something else and you would not be in debt or have more money

TeseracT

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:36:15 PM

NO, it depends on country you live in, highly educated people from my country are washing dishes in Germany, because they got more pay than for teaching at our University Cheesy Cheesy  Undecided Cry ...... Shocked

ICONOMI - Fund Management Platform  ❘|❘ ICO ❘|❘ DISCUSSION
boumalo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 12:22:59 PM

NO, it depends on country you live in, highly educated people from my country are washing dishes in Germany, because they got more pay than for teaching at our University Cheesy Cheesy  Undecided Cry ...... Shocked

The thing is you make more money when you go to college but it costed you lost of income and tuition fees and you make more money because you are likely to be smarter, more connected, from a more affluant family and more eager to succeed plus everyone knows that because you went to college

MilesJohan

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 12:44:31 PM

Going to college actually spend more money then making more money. You can use the 5 years time in college to work as anything and most probably manager level after 5 years.

MileyJohanson
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 12:54:02 PM

Going to college actually spend more money then making more money. You can use the 5 years time in college to work as anything and most probably manager level after 5 years.
700 euro per year for 5 years = spending more than earning? Hm.
This might be in the US, but only insane people go live there.  Cheesy

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
boumalo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 02:40:52 PM

700euros per year for college means people that don't go to college pay for people that do go for college, poor innovation, poor quality, lots of waste, bad administration and a useless degree at the end because too many people will get a degree

You lost the money you could have earned in 5years, the skills and connections you would have got as well

Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 02:58:16 PM

Not at all!
I finished 2 colleges in my country but couldn't find job in my profession.
Now, I'm happy to work for low salary and have any job.
College can give you education but can't give you job.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
the_K_man

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 07:20:05 PM

In most cases yes, furthering your education allows people with higher qualifications to be paid more than those with less... but ultimately in depends on the person itself and what they make out of their lives

zhinkk

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 10:01:07 PM

Not at all!
I finished 2 colleges in my country but couldn't find job in my profession.
Now, I'm happy to work for low salary and have any job.
College can give you education but can't give you job.

What country do you live in? I feel like certain county's colleges have more credibility and value than others. For example, a "normal" college in India probably has way less value than a "normal" state college in USA.
Argwai96
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Thug for life!

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 10:32:49 PM

On average, it's hard to say. I'm inclined to say yes. Anecdotal experience may vary. Most people I knew who went to college have solid employment now, and probably on average make more money. But people don't always like to talk about this stuff.
tsm

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:48:56 PM

simple concept to understand.

I dont like to borrow money, esp when thats huge amount and most people find it they can pay it back.

If you can then your just buying the name of the school you went, and its about what you go on about getting that job to pay it back when your 55 years old.

Activity: 77

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 02:41:29 AM

700 euros per year is very cheap for a college education. It costs about 5 times that where I live.
scarsbergholden

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 02:58:54 AM

getting that job to pay it back when your 55 years old.

Well, it's a matter of degree as well. I know people who borrowed 6 figures for an undergrad degree. That's crazy. But borrowing 50% or 100% of a year's salary? That's not that crazy.

BTCfaucetTIME

Activity: 110

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 03:01:45 AM

Well, it's a matter of degree as well. I know people who borrowed 6 figures for an undergrad degree. That's crazy. But borrowing 50% or 100% of a year's salary? That's not that crazy.
It really depends on your degree. If you are getting a degree in finance that can pay 6 figures after 2 years then borrowing 3 years salary would not be a big deal as it can be paid back and the salary is much higher then that if you didn't have a degree.

What I think is crazy is people paying anything at all for degrees like history or English as these degrees are generally worthless.

Activity: 77

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 03:03:51 AM

It really depends on your degree. If you are getting a degree in finance that can pay 6 figures after 2 years then borrowing 3 years salary would not be a big deal as it can be paid back and the salary is much higher then that if you didn't have a degree.

What I think is crazy is people paying anything at all for degrees like history or English as these degrees are generally worthless.

History professor? English professor? History teacher? English teacher? Although for the latter two, you might need a teaching qualification as well.
scarsbergholden

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 03:29:52 AM

A degree in finance that can pay 6 figures after 2 years? Yeah, that doesn't exist, or at least statistically not worth discussing. I'd disagree as well with the latter point, assuming the graduates are willing to work admin/communications/marketing/etc jobs and not married to academia.

JennaK

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 03:30:51 AM

I'm currently going to University to be a pharmacist.. I hope I earn more money!
scarsbergholden

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 03:34:18 AM

I'm currently going to University to be a pharmacist.. I hope I earn more money!

I once knew a pharmacist. He made really good money if I remember right. He didn't have a permanent full-time job, but he would fill in at various pharmacies in the area once or twice a week and still seemed to live really well.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: