May 06, 2024, 01:06:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: To Be or Not to Be
To Be - 41 (70.7%)
Not to Be - 17 (29.3%)
Total Voters: 58

Pages: « 1 ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SILKCOIN][DARKSILK PREANN][TESTING STORMNODES/DarkSIlk MARKET/I2P]  (Read 289446 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Xtrata

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:08:52 PM

How will the 'crowdsale' work, and when will it occur?

The details for the crowdsale will be released closer to the time. When it occurs, as stated before, a number of times, when Silk launches.

Will it all happen via weaver?

Yes, as stated before.

Will DRKSLK be priced arbitrarily(for crowdsale) or will it depend on SLKs market price at the time(or something else)?

Details will be in the crowdsale documentation once released.

Will SLK holders still get a better rate(initially) over BTC buys?  If so how will that work, as a timed thing or a volume thing or a weaver account id/wallet address thing?

You get a lot of repeating questions because you have 2 coins and one thread. The first page should be corrected to show both coins spec or you should have two seperated threads. All the questions about Darksilk shows a lot of interest for it so you have to live with it. I think closer to the release there are going to be even much more questions and interest about it. I will keep comming in here and have a look.

I cant find any reasons to buy Silk coin. If you are a holder of the old silk coin then its good news to get a working chain. If I can get dark silk with BTC then I dont need to have any silkcoin. If you can buy Dark silk with Silk coin then I think silk coin can drop much in value so it will not be a good investment before the release of dark silk coin. If you have any plans that will give silk coin a high value then I cant see it with the information you have provided to us for now.

Both coins have good known devs and that is something that gives also values.

Yeah thats the question, why would anyone invest into Silkcoin atm? If we dont know if its any benefit at all to keep/buy them. I understood that the dev didnt want to spoil because other people could copy but if you are not that far from release it wouldnt make a difference to tell what it is since people will know what it is eventually anyway and then try to copy.

You need to think outside the box... DRKSLK will be a very limited circulation compared to SLK and most likely fetch a much higher price.  Not everyone is going to want to pay a premium when SLK will be available at a most likely lower price.  Consider the analogy of gold and silver.  Not everyone can afford gold so they buy silver.  Yes it has a lower price but that doesn't make it "useless".  On top of that you will have more liquidity and also be able to swap in and out of both down the road if you want to...

You need to look at a much broader picture and think of thousands of users using the network eventually, not just a handful...  The users that catch on later in the process might not be able to afford to buy DRKSLK, so what would they turn to?  SLK...  All I am trying to point out is 2 coins makes this system perfect and gives people options...  I don't know about you, but I like it when there are options.  It will also keep the currencies in a good ratio...  Think a forex exchange as well.  Of course both currencies will fluctuate, but then you also can exchange the 2 and make a profit from that fluctuation.

When you look at actual circulation of both coins together, it really is not a lot in play here.  Prices of both coins will go to nice levels as demand catches on.  You might be surprised where SLK ends up going...  DRKSLK of course will be a no brainer..,

What you are saying dont make sense. BTC have a high value but ppl still buy it. You have x.xxxxxxxx numbers to work with so high value will not be a problem. My question still valid. Why silk coin when you can get a much more developed coin like dark silk?

So I'll answer your question with a question.  Then why do people buy alt coins other than BTC?  It doesn't make sense why they would when you can just buy BTC.
Even if not directed to me I will answer:

To make more BTC or because the coin got special features that could be useful in different ways. If SLK doesn't have something that makes it going for itself, DRKSLK will just kill SLK off for being a better coin overall. But thats my opinion, I just wish the dev could explain the thoughts around this.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
drizzle2405
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 04:28:11 PM

How will the 'crowdsale' work, and when will it occur?

The details for the crowdsale will be released closer to the time. When it occurs, as stated before, a number of times, when Silk launches.

Will it all happen via weaver?

Yes, as stated before.

Will DRKSLK be priced arbitrarily(for crowdsale) or will it depend on SLKs market price at the time(or something else)?

Will SLK holders still get a better rate(initially) over BTC buys?  If so how will that work, as a timed thing or a volume thing or a weaver account id/wallet address thing?

You get a lot of repeating questions because you have 2 coins and one thread. The first page should be corrected to show both coins spec or you should have two seperated threads. All the questions about Darksilk shows a lot of interest for it so you have to live with it. I think closer to the release there are going to be even much more questions and interest about it. I will keep comming in here and have a look.

I cant find any reasons to buy Silk coin. If you are a holder of the old silk coin then its good news to get a working chain. If I can get dark silk with BTC then I dont need to have any silkcoin. If you can buy Dark silk with Silk coin then I think silk coin can drop much in value so it will not be a good investment before the release of dark silk coin. If you have any plans that will give silk coin a high value then I cant see it with the information you have provided to us for now.

Both coins have good known devs and that is something that gives also values.

Yeah thats the question, why would anyone invest into Silkcoin atm? If we dont know if its any benefit at all to keep/buy them. I understood that the dev didnt want to spoil because other people could copy but if you are not that far from release it wouldnt make a difference to tell what it is since people will know what it is eventually anyway and then try to copy.

You need to think outside the box... DRKSLK will be a very limited circulation compared to SLK and most likely fetch a much higher price.  Not everyone is going to want to pay a premium when SLK will be available at a most likely lower price.  Consider the analogy of gold and silver.  Not everyone can afford gold so they buy silver.  Yes it has a lower price but that doesn't make it "useless".  On top of that you will have more liquidity and also be able to swap in and out of both down the road if you want to...

You need to look at a much broader picture and think of thousands of users using the network eventually, not just a handful...  The users that catch on later in the process might not be able to afford to buy DRKSLK, so what would they turn to?  SLK...  All I am trying to point out is 2 coins makes this system perfect and gives people options...  I don't know about you, but I like it when there are options.  It will also keep the currencies in a good ratio...  Think a forex exchange as well.  Of course both currencies will fluctuate, but then you also can exchange the 2 and make a profit from that fluctuation.

When you look at actual circulation of both coins together, it really is not a lot in play here.  Prices of both coins will go to nice levels as demand catches on.  You might be surprised where SLK ends up going...  DRKSLK of course will be a no brainer..,

What you are saying dont make sense. BTC have a high value but ppl still buy it. You have x.xxxxxxxx numbers to work with so high value will not be a problem. My question still valid. Why silk coin when you can get a much more developed coin like dark silk?

So I'll answer your question with a question.  Then why do people buy alt coins other than BTC?  It doesn't make sense why they would when you can just buy BTC.
Even if not directed to me I will answer:

To make more BTC or because the coin got special features that could be useful in different ways. If SLK doesn't have something that makes it going for itself, DRKSLK will just kill SLK off for being a better coin overall. But thats my opinion, I just wish the dev could explain the thoughts around this.

So in your view, SLK can be used as a hedge to make more BTC...  I believe I said that SLK could be used as a hedge, not against BTC, I mentioned against DRKSLK.  But yes, just one of the many potential uses for it.

Also it has another thing going for it, it is a part of the silk network...  If it is cheaper to buy something in SLK vs DRKSLK, what currency would you get to use in the marketplace?  And vice versa.  There will be price fluctuations just like in a Forex market.  Again just trying to show people the outside of the box.

EDIT:  If there is no predetermined conversion rate and the market determines the conversion rate, you will see fluctuation in prices controlled by swapping one currency to the next.  Again look at a forex market.

SLievensDRKSLK

Activity: 490

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 04:53:36 PM

So, Silk, why should I buy it? What's the point if DarkSilk is a "better" coin? What is so good about Silk to make me want to invest?

Well, as I said previously, I can't let the whole cat out of the bag, but, I will let you see the tail.

As we all know Silkcoin is a technical mess, Silk will fix this with a functioning blockchain which is easily synced and features within Silk will differ to DarkSilk and vice versa, bringing use for both cryptocurrencies underneath the Silk Network banner.

For instance, DarkSilk will contain the decentralised marketplace, it will also accept Silk for the goods sold within the marketplace. Smart contracts for the DarkSilk and Silk network will be handled within the Silk wallet and payments again can be in Silk or DarkSilk. This type of service distribution between the two cryptocurrencies will in turn increase use of both and also the trade between the two cryptocurrencies.

Now Weaver, as we all know is an enterprise platform offering pretty much all the needs of an entry-level or high-end user of cryptographic currencies. Weaver is also the central hub of the Silk Network. The aim of this is to be completely decentralised using blockchain technologies, direction and changes voted upon on the DarkSilk governance platform using Stormnodes and proposals set by you, the community. Weaver will grow and the price stability model I mentioned earlier (which I also said I can't go in depth on) is designed and will be the integral role of Weaver.

So going back to why you should buy Silkcoin now.

1. It will be an integral part of the network in terms of services and use as a currency for services.

2. At this price point we all know it is well below its real worth, especially when Silkcoin was up at 8000 satoshi and we all know the new Silk is worth well in excess of this.

3. Development for Silk is ongoing and will have strong foundations, the same as DarkSilk, and will be worked upon just as much as DarkSilk has been.

I hope you guys/girls don't feel I have glossed over the subject or question with my answers.
Xtrata

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:58:22 PM

So, Silk, why should I buy it? What's the point if DarkSilk is a "better" coin? What is so good about Silk to make me want to invest?

Well, as I said previously, I can't let the whole cat out of the bag, but, I will let you see the tail.

As we all know Silkcoin is a technical mess, Silk will fix this with a functioning blockchain which is easily synced and features within Silk will differ to DarkSilk and vice versa, bringing use for both cryptocurrencies underneath the Silk Network banner.

For instance, DarkSilk will contain the decentralised marketplace, it will also accept Silk for the goods sold within the marketplace. Smart contracts for the DarkSilk and Silk network will be handled within the Silk wallet and payments again can be in Silk or DarkSilk. This type of service distribution between the two cryptocurrencies will in turn increase use of both and also the trade between the two cryptocurrencies.

Now Weaver, as we all know is an enterprise platform offering pretty much all the needs of an entry-level or high-end user of cryptographic currencies. Weaver is also the central hub of the Silk Network. The aim of this is to be completely decentralised using blockchain technologies, direction and changes voted upon on the DarkSilk governance platform using Stormnodes and proposals set by you, the community. Weaver will grow and the price stability model I mentioned earlier (which I also said I can't go in depth on) is designed and will be the integral role of Weaver.

1. It will be an integral part of the network in terms of services and use as a currency for services.

2. At this price point we all know it is well below its real worth, especially when Silkcoin was up at 8000 satoshi and we all know the new Silk is worth well in excess of this.

3. Development for Silk is ongoing and will have strong foundations, the same as DarkSilk and will be worked upon just as much as DarkSilk has been.

I hope you don't feel I have glossed over the subject or question with my answers.

Thank you! That's the answers I have been looking for. Looking forward to see this go live.
drizzle2405
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 05:05:27 PM

Ok by price stability model do you mean there will be a set exchange rate for coin swaps? Or will the market control the price swap to a certain degree?  I hope this can be answered without giving away information.

If the exchange rate is governed, it would set a stable price for SLK/DRKSLK ratio correct?

SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 05:08:07 PM

Ok by price stability model do you mean there will be a set exchange rate for coin swaps? Or will the market control the price swap to a certain degree?  I hope this can be answered without giving away information.

If the exchange rate is governed, it would set a stable price for SLK/DRKSLK ration correct?

I can say that trade on the exchanges will still happen as normal. Coin swaps will still be dependent on market value of each coin. However, that market value will be stabilised by the system we have drawn up within Weaver.

But what I cannot say is how that system works, but I can say it wont be in place from launch as both coins still require a normal launch and organic growth for a short period. Also distribution is key as well before implementing the stability model.
Pr0metheus

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 05:09:49 PM

I think the developer needs to be silent from now on.

People that like to hold the hot potato can do that Wink Others that dont like that can wait after the release.

SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 05:12:07 PM

SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 05:15:53 PM

^^^3 months ago^^^
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 05:17:18 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2016, 05:28:04 PM by SLievensDRKSLK

People that like to hold the hot potato can do that Wink Others that dont like that can wait after the release.

It is fine, I am absolutely aware of what I can and cannot say Wink

EDIT: Note to self.....don't go on bitcointalk drunk..... Tongue

NOTE TO COMMUNITY: Yes I am human Smiley
Xtrata

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 05:32:42 PM

Lol, dont deal with cryptos when drunk ever, no matter what it is Tongue

Another question if you do not mind. The coins on Cryptsy are they stuck? Do we know how many it is?
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 05:34:15 PM

Another question if you do not mind. The coins on Cryptsy are they stuck? Do we know how many it is?

Personally, I would write off any Silkcoin on Cryptsy, one worry is that the addresses may engage in the swap and without knowing these addresses, it will be hard to stop it from happening. We don't know the amount stuck on Cryptsy.
Xtrata

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 05:41:33 PM

Personally, I would write off any Silkcoin on Cryptsy, one worry is that the addresses may engage in the swap and without knowing these addresses, it will be hard to stop it from happening. We don't know the amount stuck on Cryptsy.

Wouldnt there be a possibility to see how many coins swapped in total? That does not show if they come from Cryptsy but gives some info about how many coins there are out there in total?
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 05:44:14 PM

Wouldnt there be a possibility to see how many coins swapped in total? That does not show if they come from Cryptsy but gives some info about how many coins there are out there in total?

Yes possibly coinmarketcap may hold the answer Wink
Xtrata

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 05:45:33 PM

Yes possibly coinmarketcap may hold the answer Wink

Ah yes lol.
drizzle2405
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 06:07:27 PM

Ok by price stability model do you mean there will be a set exchange rate for coin swaps? Or will the market control the price swap to a certain degree?  I hope this can be answered without giving away information.

If the exchange rate is governed, it would set a stable price for SLK/DRKSLK ration correct?

I can say that trade on the exchanges will still happen as normal. Coin swaps will still be dependent on market value of each coin. However, that market value will be stabilised by the system we have drawn up within Weaver.

But what I cannot say is how that system works, but I can say it wont be in place from launch as both coins still require a normal launch and organic growth for a short period. Also distribution is key as well before implementing the stability model.

Great!  Hope people that read this will now understand there is a place for SLK!  Thanks for the answer!

Xtrata

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 07:31:20 PM

Great!  Hope people that read this will now understand there is a place for SLK!  Thanks for the answer!

Yep, this will be good when the new ANN is up and release will go live eventually Smiley
OrsonJ

Activity: 597
Merit: 253

... and the swarm is headed towards us

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 10:10:08 PM

3. Development for Silk is ongoing and will have strong foundations, the same as DarkSilk and will be worked upon just as much as DarkSilk has been.

I hope you don't feel I have glossed over the subject or question with my answers.

Thank you! That's the answers I have been looking for. Looking forward to see this go live.

+1 Put a smile on my face reading that and dispelled any lingering doubts I had that Silk wasn't going to have an important role in the new system. I feel really lucky to be a part of this. Thank you!

Zano alias: @orsonj  |  Twitter: @Cryptoschild
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 10:35:30 PM

Poor dev it seems he's giving the same answers over and over again to new people all the time.
There's a thread please read it.

For your own sake dev put all the relevant info you are writing every time on the opening page.
That should help.

By the way, less talking more buying
Xtrata

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 10:37:02 PM

Poor dev it seems he's giving the same answers over and over again to new people all the time.
There's a thread please read it.

For your own sake dev put all the relevant info you are writing every time on the opening page.
That should help.

By the way, less talking more buying

Last Price

24hr Change
56.15%

24hr High

24hr Low

and 1 mil of buyorders minimum lol, that went fast, I will buy some more for sure Tongue
Pages: « 1 ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 »
  Print  

Jump to: