June 16, 2024, 05:17:21 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: To Be or Not to Be
To Be - 41 (70.7%)
Not to Be - 17 (29.3%)
Total Voters: 58

Pages: « 1 ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SILKCOIN][DARKSILK PREANN][TESTING STORMNODES/DarkSIlk MARKET/I2P]  (Read 289456 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Bitcoinasourus

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 11:16:06 PM

I think the developer needs to be silent from now on.

People that like to hold the hot potato can do that Wink Others that dont like that can wait after the release.

It is fine, I am absolutely aware of what I can and cannot say Wink

EDIT: Note to self.....don't go on bitcointalk drunk..... Tongue

NOTE TO COMMUNITY: Yes I am human Smiley

Thanks for taking the time to explain things more clearly to us. I know it is taking away valuable time from the project, and your own personal life.
keep in mind you're going to deal with allot of crack pots and daft people that ride your last nerve. Once and a while you will have to bite your lip and swallow some pride. You represent a larger picture, which some times is more important.
I only speak from personal exp. I lead admin a few forums, so i do sympathize with you having to beat the dead horse all the time.

I can do my bit and help direct people to info they need.

I didn't rage dump my silk, so I feel better! I see the silver/gold analogy pop up. We kinda all get that, the problem was that we were holding a bag of what we thought was gold. But turned out to be silver. That is where some people get lost in the 2 coin system. Why do i have silver when I thought it was gold, or why do i need silver when I want gold. Silver goes up because we use a shit ton industrially, reserves deplete. It creates demand. A market force to create demand on silk net's "silver" is all that's needed to not devalue it.

Initially weaver will be centralized, but the plan is to decentralize it? It could be considered a point of failure before decentralization, from an attacker's standpoint.

SLievensDRKSLK

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 11:50:08 PM

I think the developer needs to be silent from now on.

People that like to hold the hot potato can do that Wink Others that dont like that can wait after the release.

It is fine, I am absolutely aware of what I can and cannot say Wink

EDIT: Note to self.....don't go on bitcointalk drunk..... Tongue

NOTE TO COMMUNITY: Yes I am human Smiley

Thanks for taking the time to explain things more clearly to us. I know it is taking away valuable time from the project, and your own personal life.
keep in mind you're going to deal with allot of crack pots and daft people that ride your last nerve. Once and a while you will have to bite your lip and swallow some pride. You represent a larger picture, which some times is more important.
I only speak from personal exp. I lead admin a few forums, so i do sympathize with you having to beat the dead horse all the time.

I can do my bit and help direct people to info they need.

I didn't rage dump my silk, so I feel better! I see the silver/gold analogy pop up. We kinda all get that, the problem was that we were holding a bag of what we thought was gold. But turned out to be silver. That is where some people get lost in the 2 coin system. Why do i have silver when I thought it was gold, or why do i need silver when I want gold. Silver goes up because we use a shit ton industrially, reserves deplete. It creates demand. A market force to create demand on silk net's "silver" is all that's needed to not devalue it.

Initially weaver will be centralized, but the plan is to decentralize it? It could be considered a point of failure before decentralization, from an attacker's standpoint.

Partly decentralised and centralised at launch. Also funds are cold stored and will be secure.

I am going to state something very publicly (this is my own personal thoughts and not that of Silk Network).

I believe 99% of all "hacks" which has involved the loss of user funds from varied cryptographic systems online were in fact inside jobs.

Again this is my own personal opinion. However I am not basing the security of Weaver on my opinion.

Penetration testing and other forms of intrusion will be tested thoroughly prior to and ongoing from launch.
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 11:51:45 PM

Also I have no control of this thread in terms of the OP (First Post), for that I will and you guys will have to wait for the new thread.
Xtrata

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 12:14:29 AM

Also I have no control of this thread in terms of the OP (First Post), for that I will and you guys will have to wait for the new thread.

As soon as that one is up and in order with all information needed, this project will get more coverage. I think most people missed out on what is happening here because of the 200~ pages since 2014 Tongue
Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 12:28:00 AM

I keep hearing Weaver as an exchange. I've googled Weaver crypto exchange and only see Bittrex.com
Are you referring to Bittrex.com? If not what is the URL. Thank you

Avalanche is a must own
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 12:37:58 AM

I keep hearing Weaver as an exchange. I've googled Weaver crypto exchange and only see Bittrex.com

SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 12:40:29 AM

Nice bit of price movement on Poloniex.

The Camel keeps on marching, the dunes keep climbing Cheesy
drizzle2405
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 02:07:35 AM

Significant amount of BTC jumped in play...  Looks like others want in now...   Grin

leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 06:12:48 AM

Significant amount of BTC jumped in play...  Looks like others want in now...   Grin

As of now we have 25BTC buy support.

People  are starting to see the potential of this coin Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

Vagnavs
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 10:48:16 AM

Is Weaver up and running? I.e. established If so you have a URL. Otherwise, it puts a lot of trust in the folks behind the coin.

Avalanche is a must own
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 11:13:13 AM

Is Weaver up and running? I.e. established If so you have a URL. Otherwise, it puts a lot of trust in the folks behind the coin.

I would like to think after working in the cryptographic currency world now for 3 years, being public, working on DarkSilk and Silk for a year publicly, not releasing and fully testing/developing prior to launch would instil a certain level of trust with myself and the development team behind the Silk Network.
Vagnavs
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 11:49:08 AM

I would like to think after working in the cryptographic currency world now for 3 years, being public, working on DarkSilk and Silk for a year publicly, not releasing and fully testing/developing prior to launch would instil a certain level of trust with myself and the development team behind the Silk Network.

Okay, you may have a great background. Just for some investors, they would prefer an established entity. Such is Bittrex.. I'm not trying to be a prick.. Just trying to do some due diligence and look out for others.

Avalanche is a must own
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 11:58:06 AM

Okay, you may have a great background. Just for some investors, they would prefer an established entity. Such is Bittrex.. I'm not trying to be a prick.. Just trying to do some due diligence and look out for others.

Well, Silk Network is not just a name, it is a registered UK Ltd company with shareholders and staff.

Xtrata

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 01:11:06 PM

Well, Silk Network is not just a name, it is a registered UK Ltd company with shareholders and staff.

It is more than most people would ever show working on a project like this. GJ and keeping doing ur good work!  Grin
Xtrata

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 06:54:22 PM

I AM not impressed by this pictures.. every corporate crypto has been a scam.. are thee shares of this silk company available for the purchase or are you selling us non-regulated shares (silkcoins) that will be a mess on your impending bankruptcy..  i have seen this before personally..

Why do cryptocurrencies not fight for the freedom.  Are silkcoin joining microsoft also? Why use corporation registration when developing technologies for the block chain?

I supposed too that in order to swap in compliance with money laundering laws the weaver exchange will require personal identification cards and passports?..  so my investment you are going to need identity? I think monero is better now.. why why why

Why would you need ID to change ur money between SLK/DRKSLK/BTC? Makes no sense to even ask this imo. And adding "I think monero is better now.. why why why" I would just ignore ur post lol, impossible take it serious.

And having a company with real persons behind it makes it look better and more serious. Im just wondering where the scam would be? SILKCOIN is there to buy, there haven't been any ICO or such yet so I dont know why you even bother.
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 08:53:08 PM

Firstly it doesn't say its a corporation at all. It is incorporated as a PRIVATE LIMITED COMPANY.

An Ltd is the same as an LLC in America or a BV in The Netherlands.

We do not handle FIAT through the Weaver, so NO ID cards are required whatsoever.

Silk Network will support the Azure cloud, yes, but that just means you can press a button and a node gets built and set up for you. All these people thinking cryptocurrencies are "joining" Microsoft or "teaming" up with Microsoft are very much mistaken.

My objective from the start is to protect the user, the network and to hold privacy and decentralisation as the continual goal for all aspects of Silk Network.

I just consider the last few posts as uneducated, un-researched and quite frankly as FUD, whether the poster intended it as FUD or not.
GBetzDRKSLK

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 08:54:53 PM

I AM not impressed by this pictures.. every corporate crypto has been a scam.. are thee shares of this silk company available for the purchase or are you selling us non-regulated shares (silkcoins) that will be a mess on your impending bankruptcy..  i have seen this before personally..

Why do cryptocurrencies not fight for the freedom.  Are silkcoin joining microsoft also? Why use corporation registration when developing technologies for the block chain?

I supposed too that in order to swap in compliance with money laundering laws the weaver exchange will require personal identification cards and passports?..  so my investment you are going to need identity? I think monero is better now.. why why why

Why would you need ID to change ur money between SLK/DRKSLK/BTC? Makes no sense to even ask this imo. And adding "I think monero is better now.. why why why" I would just ignore ur post lol, impossible take it serious.

And having a company with real persons behind it makes it look better and more serious. Im just wondering where the scam would be? SILKCOIN is there to buy, there haven't been any ICO or such yet so I dont know why you even bother.

It says that is uk corporate company.  There is no privacy law here to protect users.  The weaver exchange will not need to comply? I believe they will.  I buy monero and the silkcoin.  To find out the silkcoin i have is to be forced off the exchange to another exchange that has no exiatance yet and when it does will be bound to uk law.. why not panama or type that protects users of internet and cryptocurrencies?
  Any ico will also be non registered securities? Is this not correct?  I am sorry i cannot he involved in this anymore.  I will not post again.  This was a mistake.

I am one of the Silk Network Developers and a partner in Silk Network Ltd. I live in the USA and so do other partners and team members. We plan to abide by all laws and regulations internationally, nationally, and locally. Do you live in the UK or the EU? If so, then you have some of the more robust privacy laws. See this page: https://www.loc.gov/law/help/online-privacy-law/uk.php. Also, having a crowdsale for a cryptocoin or any other type of cryptographic token is not considered to be any type of security and is not regulated as such (in the US, as far as I know). The IRS defines cryptocoins as property and they are taxed as such, but only if the coin or token is widely and easily traded for US Dollars directly, in fact. We are working very hard to do this right as law abiding citizens and as a law abiding company. I have personally lost a very, very large sum of money in one of the many scams that have occurred in the past few years, and it pretty much destroyed most of 2015 for me. I learned a very important (and expensive!) lesson. Because of that experience I know how important it is to have honesty in crypto. The world of crypto is a total minefield and we, the Silk Network, are the minesweepers creating one of the most important paths to crypto success for decades to come. You will be very happy in the near future if you got SLK and DRKSLK in 2016. Mark my words. We are the real deal. Cool
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 08:56:43 PM

It says that is uk corporate company.  There is no privacy law here to protect users.  The weaver exchange will not need to comply? I believe they will.  I buy monero and the silkcoin.  To find out the silkcoin i have is to be forced off the exchange to another exchange that has no exiatance yet and when it does will be bound to uk law.. why not panama or type that protects users of internet and cryptocurrencies?
  Any ico will also be non registered securities? Is this not correct?  I am sorry i cannot he involved in this anymore.  I will not post again.  This was a mistake.

I am one of the Silk Network Developers and a partner in Silk Network Ltd. I live in the USA and so do other partners and team members. We plan to abide by all laws and regulations internationally, nationally, and locally. Do you live in the UK or the EU? If so, then you have some of the more robust privacy laws. See this page: https://www.loc.gov/law/help/online-privacy-law/uk.php. Also, having a crowdsale for a cryptocoin or any other type of cryptographic token is not considered to be any type of security and is not regulated as such (in the US, as far as I know). The IRS defines cryptocoins as property and they are taxed as such, but only if the coin or token is widely and easily traded for US Dollars directly, in fact. We are working very hard to do this right as law abiding citizens and as a law abiding company. I have personally lost a very, very large sum of money in one of the many scams that have occurred in the past few years, and it pretty much destroyed most of 2015 for me. I learned a very important (and expensive!) lesson. Because of that experience I know how important it is to have honesty in crypto. The world of crypto is a total minefield and we, the Silk Network are the minesweepers creating one of the most important paths to crypto success for decades to come. You will be very happy in the near future if you got SLK and DRKSLK in 2016. Mark my words. We are the real deal. Cool

^^^Can auth this is Gregory Betz of the Silk Network development team^^^
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 09:10:58 PM

I AM not impressed by this pictures.. every corporate crypto has been a scam.. are thee shares of this silk company available for the purchase or are you selling us non-regulated shares (silkcoins) that will be a mess on your impending bankruptcy..  i have seen this before personally..

Why do cryptocurrencies not fight for the freedom.  Are silkcoin joining microsoft also? Why use corporation registration when developing technologies for the block chain?

I supposed too that in order to swap in compliance with money laundering laws the weaver exchange will require personal identification cards and passports?..  so my investment you are going to need identity? I think monero is better now.. why why why

I've chosen to answer each post individually. You took the effort to post and I will take the effort to answer back to your questions.

We are fighting for freedom, more than you might imagine, we are not what you think, we are the people. I have 0 background of holding a lot of money, I hold 0 BTC and I hold 16 Silkcoin (no exaggeration). I am truly not in this for the money, I am in this to liberate people from the clutches of corporations, banks and government. However, I also realise we live in THIS world and sometimes the game has to be played.

No the Silk Network isn't joining/working with/teaming up with Microsoft, we are implementing a tiny piece of code which allows users of the Azure cloud to have a one press setup of a node for Silk or DarkSilk, that is so bloody easy to do it is quite frankly funny at how misinterpreted this has been.

We formed a Ltd (not a corporation) for Silk Network to enable us to hold trade accounts to purchase GPU's and various other hardware at trade prices to benefit you the user and enable you to purchase and mine at very reasonable prices, also as we have investment I (Spencer Lievens) thought it best to have a legal entity for Silk Network. However we do not hold a bank account and do not process FIAT. So this means NO ID cards.

One question back....are you a Monero investor? Tongue
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 09:12:53 PM

It says that is uk corporate company.  There is no privacy law here to protect users.  The weaver exchange will not need to comply? I believe they will.  I buy monero and the silkcoin.  To find out the silkcoin i have is to be forced off the exchange to another exchange that has no exiatance yet and when it does will be bound to uk law.. why not panama or type that protects users of internet and cryptocurrencies?
  Any ico will also be non registered securities? Is this not correct?  I am sorry i cannot he involved in this anymore.  I will not post again.  This was a mistake.

Comply to who? When we do not need to pay corporation taxes or any taxes for that matter. We do not require regulation and ID's WILL NOT BE NEEDED.

Silkcoin is not being forced off the Poloniex exchange. Silkcoin is swapping to Silk and the market will remain on Poloniex.

Weaver is not an exchange.

You seriously need to stop posting and START READING.

Also in terms of costs so far to us Silk Network, $16000 and climbing.

Have we launched, no.
Have we held an ICO, not yet.
Have I simply asked for donations, yes.
Have investors approached me, yes.
Have I sought investment, no.

Even when investors have approached me or approach me, I think it is quite obvious that I am not out seeking money or a quick dime (to coin (good pun) an American phrase).
Pages: « 1 ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 »
  Print  

Jump to: