Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 01:47:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NEMStake unrightfully claimed - Full disclosure  (Read 3945 times)
ARGpentem

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 03:33:26 PM

Of course the dev team will have to eat the cost some way or another. Meanwhile there looks to be some major dumping going on in the AE, several stakes sold pushing the price down to 25k nxt.

Not the dev team but me. I don't know how but it will be compensated one way or another. No stakeholder or NEM itself will loose anything.

I am sorry to hear about the scam. You should get a big compensation package for all the works. What happened ?

UPDATE: NXT-5SPQ-5AVB-PV6D-F6EJL

Don't by from there.

It is unfortunately impossible given that the price matching is automatic. Unless the whole buy-order book is cleaned out, the scammer can still sell down. These stakes are considered gone since the scammers are watching this thread and it is certain that they are going to sell down instead of waiting for a conversion.

A freedom fighter. Stop all your bull shit !
patmast3r (OP)

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 03:35:44 PM

Of course the dev team will have to eat the cost some way or another. Meanwhile there looks to be some major dumping going on in the AE, several stakes sold pushing the price down to 25k nxt.

Not the dev team but me. I don't know how but it will be compensated one way or another. No stakeholder or NEM itself will loose anything.

I am sorry to hear about the scam. You should get a big compensation package for all the works. What happened ?

UPDATE: NXT-5SPQ-5AVB-PV6D-F6EJL

Don't by from there.

It is unfortunately impossible given that the price matching is automatic. Unless the whole buy-order book is cleaned out, the scammer can still sell down. These stakes are considered gone since the scammers are watching this thread and it is certain that they are going to sell down instead of waiting for a conversion.

You're right of course.
Didn't realize that it's an automated process.

The purpose was more about being transparent about it.

fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 03:54:43 PM

Unlucky Pat. An easy but costly mistake. You were kinda thrown into the assets management job after UP left, so I dont think many would object if a few stakes less were in the auction. I also think the dev team should buy back the lost stakes from the AE from ipo funds to correct the market. They can then include these stakes in the auction to make up the differance.
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 04:02:13 PM

Unlucky Pat. An easy but costly mistake. You were kinda thrown into the assets management job after UP left, so I dont think many would object if a few stakes less were in the auction. I also think the dev team should buy back the lost stakes from the AE from ipo funds to correct the market. They can then include these stakes in the auction to make up the differance.

there is no way to do it (due to automatic matching).

Basically these stakes are cheated. If their holder is smart, he'll sell them (if he hasn't already).
And buyers will be treated as normal stakeholders

If they won't be sold, we're not gonna redeem them.

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
nembit86

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 04:05:16 PM

Just auction 6 less stakes. That way noone loses out. It was a clever scam Pat....you did well to notice it.

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
c2e

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 04:07:09 PM

I also think the dev team should buy back the lost stakes from the AE from ipo funds to correct the market. They can then include these stakes in the auction to make up the differance.

+1
walkingstiff

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 04:21:56 PM

Just auction 6 less stakes. That way noone loses out. It was a clever scam Pat....you did well to notice it.

Actually I noticed it last night.. if you read a page back on the token request thread you'll see. I posted this and sent it to pat:

I just noticed the name "walkingstif" on the token issuance request spreadsheet at the bottom, but I have never requested a token? My name isn't even spelled correctly. Has to be a mistake, can you fix please.

Update:
It looks like somebody created the account "walkingstif" and claimed a stake with the imposter account?

nembit86

Activity: 588

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 04:28:04 PM

Actually I noticed it last night.. if you read a page back on the token request thread you'll see. I posted this and sent it to pat:

I just noticed the name "walkingstif" on the token issuance request spreadsheet at the bottom, but I have never requested a token? My name isn't even spelled correctly. Has to be a mistake, can you fix please.

Update:
It looks like somebody created the account "walkingstif" and claimed a stake with the imposter account?

Oh I'm sorry, I didnt know. Well done to you then.....you have to have eyes in the back of your head these days it seems..

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
ARGpentem

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 04:29:02 PM

Update:

That's fortunate that you noticed the issue. The scam could go on longer otherwise. I suggest to have more than one pair of eyes to look after the stakeholder list. Pat will be the one who can modify the sheet but it will be a good idea to have a couple of other people to watch the sheet consistently for something funny.

patmast3r (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 04:30:07 PM

Update:

You are the reason I took a closer look at all the assets I've issued.

Thanks to you sir Smiley !

patmast3r (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 04:31:19 PM

Update:

That's fortunate that you noticed the issue. The scam could go on longer otherwise. I suggest to have more than one pair of eyes to look after the stakeholder list. Pat will be the one who can modify the sheet but it will be a good idea to have a couple of other people to watch the sheet consistently for something funny.

Such a system is being worked out right now.
That's why we are temp issueing no stakes. We want to make sure something like this can not happen again.
NEM people have made mistakes in the past but one thing you can not say about us is that we do not take consequences Smiley

ARGpentem

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 04:32:25 PM

Update:

Such a system is being worked out right now.
That's why we are temp issueing no stakes. We want to make sure something like this can not happen again.
NEM people have made mistakes in the past but one thing you can not say about us is that we do not take consequences Smiley

+1

Winslow Strong

Activity: 53

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:11:53 PM

DO NOT BUY NEMStake from the NXT AE.

You might want to change this first line of your first post.  It's not a temporary situation, but one that can't be undone.  You can't request that all trading of NEMStake stop (for how long?) on account of this.
walkingstiff

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:21:14 PM

How long will token issuing be halted?
mr smith

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:48:18 PM

ARGpentem your good with stuff like this car'nt you do a query d/b script.

Pat these things happen > money attracts thieves
If you want a couple of extra dudes to cross check count me in  Smiley

New Economy Movement
Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
patmast3r (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:50:45 PM

How long will token issuing be halted?

Unsure.
We just want to make sure nothgin like this will happpen again.

mrvegad

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 01:11:10 AM

bumped to keep on first page so people can see
awais3344

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:48:54 AM

poor thing  Undecided I was to receive my nemtoken today.

Is there any estimate on when will be resuming nemtoken distribution to stakeholders?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
NEOSCOIN
  +POD Developers +Active Community - V2 Coming Soon! Live In-App Trading, Live Pool Stats - IRC - Arbitrush Anonymous System soon!! NEOSCOIN
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 08:04:55 AM

Wtf pet master are u stupid?

~CfA~

LeChatNoir

Activity: 699
Merit: 501

Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders

View Profile WWW