Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:18:08 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin and Religion  (Read 2759 times)
sklonenaulitka

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:50:13 PM

Which religion(s) claim we will need a chip(miners) to buy and sell in the future?

LoL

May SERVER protect us all!

EOL

bitcoin jesus was handed 1 fishcoin and 1 breadcoin. and from the POS protocol he was able to feed a whole community with 40 bread coins and 40 fish coin.

And from the water Jesus was mining wine-coins.
lucullus

Activity: 529
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 07:44:38 PM

Religion should really be called organized crime numero uno. From child trafficking to funding terrorism they are the cause of most of humanities problems and since the Renaissance has long past we all need to be a bit more acquainted with there crimes. Read.

I think, it's too loud words about religion. Many aspects in science, philosophical, musical and cultural progress exist thanks to religion. However, crimes and terrorism too=(

A common lie (propaganda undoubtedly spread by the church) is that the church has brought forth advancements in life. That is contrary to the teaching's of the church. If you are well read on the matter you will know that it is a false hood.

You want to say, that all arts have not been provided by religion? Ok, but all modern music and harmony grows up from church music. All classical music grows up from the church, because piano and organ grow up from the church.
Philosophy grow up from religious philosophers, it mean that a big part of science and culture grows up from religion.
It is not result of propaganda, it's just a fact. Historical fact. And a lot of crimes and terrors grows up from religion. And it's just a fact.
Significance of religion in science and culture is not same thing as God's existence. We know exact facts about 1-th and can't say anything about 2-nd. Don't argue with history=)

Labeling your statement's as fact's does not make them factual.
LostDutchman

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 08:14:25 PM

Religion should really be called organized crime numero uno. From child trafficking to funding terrorism they are the cause of most of humanities problems and since the Renaissance has long past we all need to be a bit more acquainted with there crimes. Read.

I think, it's too loud words about religion. Many aspects in science, philosophical, musical and cultural progress exist thanks to religion. However, crimes and terrorism too=(

A common lie (propaganda undoubtedly spread by the church) is that the church has brought forth advancements in life. That is contrary to the teaching's of the church. If you are well read on the matter you will know that it is a false hood.

You want to say, that all arts have not been provided by religion? Ok, but all modern music and harmony grows up from church music. All classical music grows up from the church, because piano and organ grow up from the church.
Philosophy grow up from religious philosophers, it mean that a big part of science and culture grows up from religion.
It is not result of propaganda, it's just a fact. Historical fact. And a lot of crimes and terrors grows up from religion. And it's just a fact.
Significance of religion in science and culture is not same thing as God's existence. We know exact facts about 1-th and can't say anything about 2-nd. Don't argue with history=)

I take it that The Hundred Years War and the term "The Crusades" mean nothing to you.

Both brutal wars started by Christians.

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
sklonenaulitka

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 08:22:09 PM

I take it that The Hundred Years War and the term "The Crusades" mean nothing to you.

Both brutal wars started by Christians.

Did you hear me? I said that a lot of crimes and terros were provoked by religion. But our culture, science and art are a results of religion.
sklonenaulitka

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 08:35:10 PM

Of course. But phrase "A common lie (propaganda undoubtedly spread by the church) is that the church has brought forth advancements in life" is too debatable and, in my opinion (not only my) is far away from truth.
Moreover, this topic is for off-topic category, but not for bitcoin discussion.
lucullus

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 10:14:35 PM

You have a very general view point, as we can tell, of christianity. You regurgitate the same propaganda piece that is a blatant falsehood upon closer study. You also have very poor english which is funny because it means you are more of a brain washed monkey than if you had a firm grasp on the language.
dannyspk (OP)

Activity: 341

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 10:47:00 PM

You have a very general view point, as we can tell, of christianity. You regurgitate the same propaganda piece that is a blatant falsehood upon closer study. You also have very poor english which is funny because it means you are more of a brain washed monkey than if you had a firm grasp on the language.

Not trying to defend myself cause there ain't no point. I still don't understand these personal attacks over who uses more fancy words in their posts. Not all of us here are born in English-speaking countries. English is my third language and maybe I should judge you on the basis of your fluency in the languages you know.

dannyspk (OP)

Activity: 341

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 10:55:56 PM

I was having a general discussion with friends regarding the Bitcoin Jesus fella who just recently launched his Passports for Bitcoin service for the rich folks. Let's say if there was someone who claimed himself to be Bitcoin Muhammad of the Muslim world. Do you think it would make the Muslim community furious and rage and most likely try to attack the Bitcoin network? We all know how easy it is to piss off Islamic extremists. Just a thought.
Cheesy
lol
What are your friend using? Are you smocking meth or something? How Islamic extremists can attack the Bitcoin network? I dont get it:D
And Jesus involved in all the situation Cheesy Make me laugh
Are you really kidding, are you sarcastic or something?
BR

There are some countries where religion affects everyday lives more than they do in developed countries. The amount of destruction and trauma that was inflicted in Muslim nations when there was a Muhammad cartoon by the Danish painter is unfathomable. The entire gist of the discussion was revolving around a similar situation, if it were to occur. But, maybe, because I am from Pakistan, it might just sound too fucked up.
lucullus

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 11:17:02 PM

Not trying to defend myself cause there ain't no point. I still don't understand these personal attacks over who uses more fancy words in their posts. Not all of us here are born in English-speaking countries. English is my third language and maybe I should judge you on the basis of your fluency in the languages you know.

You completely dodged the point of my argument and gave more credence to the auxiliary argument.
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 11:32:32 PM

Often Misquoted, Marx said it best....

Religious distress is at the same time the expression of real distress and the protest against real distress. Religion is the sigh of  
           the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. It is the opium of the people.

The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the  
             illusions about its condition is the demand to give up a condition that needs illusions. The criticism of religion is therefore in
            embryo the criticism of the vale of woe, the halo of which is religion. Criticism has plucked the imaginary flowers from the chain,
            not so that man will wear the chain without any fantasy or consolation but so that he will shake off the chain and cull the living
            flower.

Religion was philosophy and "science" at one time thus has indeed been very influential upon the arts. The Bible, Koran, and other Eastern documents like the vedas should be required reading for anyone who is interested in an accurate understanding of history , art and literature in context.

lucullus

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 11:47:14 PM

Religion has never been philosophy or science, at any time in history, and has never produced any thing of worth. I know they love to take credit for good men's achievement's just because they were required to be church members (or killed), and I understand this is why the public believe's it to be connected with science and philosophy at one time, but, as I have demonstrated in this post, that is a falsehood greedily spread by the church.
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 11:54:38 PM

Religion has never been philosophy or science, at any time in history, and has never produced any thing of worth. I know they love to take credit for good men's achievement's just because they were required to be church members (or killed), and I understand this is why the public believe's it to be connected with science and philosophy at one time, but, as I have demonstrated in this post, that is a falsehood greedily spread by the church.

Yeah, 100% correct!

Look up Galileo and what the church did to him.

Those who use the terms "Bitcoin" and "religion" in the same breath are acting like Bronze Age primitives.

Corporations For Crypto
commandrix

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 12:55:43 AM

You should never underestimate the ability of the extremist minority to inflict a lot of damage if somebody says something they don't like. That said, I have a feeling that if the religious nutcases of any faith start trying to hunt down every Bitcoin user everywhere, they're going to find out fast that it's more trouble than it's worth when they start running up against people with enough balls to fight back plus the ones willing to jump in and help their intended victims.
sklonenaulitka

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:40:34 AM

If you know nothing about philosophy - don't discourse about it. For about 2000 year mankind had religious philosophy - From Terthullian, Plotin, Augistin till Hegel and Shopenhauer.
And all Middle age's Universities (centers of science) were just a parts of Church institutes.
You don't understand. I am not defender of religion. I don't like religion. But science, religion and philosophy were together during a big part of history.
sklonenaulitka

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:46:53 AM

Yeah, 100% correct!

Those who use the terms "Bitcoin" and "religion" in the same breath are acting like Bronze Age primitives.

No. It's not 100% correct, it's absolutely incorrect. If you know nothing about philposophy - don't discourse about it.
And i want to know, what the church did to Galileo?
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:55:50 AM

Was shocked first time I heard Roger introduced that way. Was mildly offended on behalf of baptist kin. After first time, inserted a hidden joke about his mother, Vergin Mary. Nobody's laughed at it yet, so if someone'd be so kind....
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 12:45:12 PM

Yeah, 100% correct!

No. It's not 100% correct, it's absolutely incorrect. If you know nothing about philposophy - don't discourse about it.

I'm sorry but is your knowledge of history really that dismal?

Take few minutes out of your obviously drab and wretched life and learn a little, mkay?

Go here and read!:

http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/galileo/galileoaccount.html

Try it; you might like it!

Corporations For Crypto
sklonenaulitka

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 01:59:12 PM

Yeah, 100% correct!

Take few minutes out of your obviously drab and wretched life and learn a little, mkay?

Go here and read!:

I have finished philosophy department in my university. I tall you about religion and philosophy, answering on phrase "Religion has never been philosophy" and "it's 100 correct". What do you know about philosophy to say there are no any links?
I know history about Galileo and the Church, but they didnt done to him nothing horrify, unlike Giordano Bruno=)
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 02:08:41 PM

Yeah, 100% correct!

Go here and read!:

I have finished philosophy department in my university. I tall you about religion and philosophy, answering on phrase "Religion has never been philosophy" and "it's 100 correct". What do you know about philosophy to say there are no any links?
I know history about Galileo and the Church, but they didnt done to him nothing horrify, unlike Giordano Bruno=)

So that makes the suppression of knowledge and learning by the church OK?

Apologist!

Corporations For Crypto
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 02:19:17 PM

Go here and read!:

Non Sequitur ....

Even if we ignore the thousands of monks, scientists, and philosophers religions have directly supported... there are huge categories of philosophy that religions have created(mostly bullshit metaphysics) but still a great influence upon society.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: