Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:55:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Brand new to mining have hardware but No-Clue ???  (Read 1958 times)
drporschef

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 04:34:17 PM

still stuck at mining or no?

update us on where you are at.

The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wannaBaMiner (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 05:05:48 PM

Hate this newbie status. Yes still stuck not sure of which version of software would work with windows xp pro 32 bit. CGMiner or BFGMiner??
Bitsaurus

Activity: 873
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:31:10 AM

Hate this newbie status. Yes still stuck not sure of which version of software would work with windows xp pro 32 bit. CGMiner or BFGMiner??

Before you can try to use the software you need to know if the OS recognized the hardware.  If the OS (win xp in this case) doesn't see the hardware the miner program is irrelevant.  You can also PM Ckolivas or Luke-jr and both of them would be happy to let you know if mining is possible in XP.
wannaBaMiner (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:55:47 PM

Before you can try to use the software you need to know if the OS recognized the hardware.  If the OS (win xp in this case) doesn't see the hardware the miner program is irrelevant.  You can also PM Ckolivas or Luke-jr and both of them would be happy to let you know if mining is possible in XP.

Thanks a bunch did PM both just a while ago. Now Wait for a reply and do more research on pools.
drmundo

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 05:45:24 PM

I`m looking into mining as well. Once I buy mining hardware, I have my eye on the bigger pools cause I read up on getting paid on error`s or work already completed.

And the odds to find a block is quicker I heard. I feel like in some sense its a monopoly... all the smaller pools are going to slowly be smaller since they wont get that many blocks like the bigger pool does.
Coef

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

Exhausted

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:53:05 PM

I`m looking into mining as well. Once I buy mining hardware, I have my eye on the bigger pools cause I read up on getting paid on error`s or work already completed.

And the odds to find a block is quicker I heard. I feel like in some sense its a monopoly... all the smaller pools are going to slowly be smaller since they wont get that many blocks like the bigger pool does.

Your expected mining revenue would be the same (before pool fee), though the variance will be smaller if you join a larger pool.

AirC

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:17:07 PM

Still trying to find what version of cgminer will work with windows xp pro 32 bit  Huh
I have read that the newest version of cgminer may not work with xp pro but i am not sure.

just get a easier plug and play bitmineter installed for now. and then learn cg miner while your mining.
wannaBaMiner (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:48:14 PM

Not sure about biminter? They seem to have some issues, not sure I would trust them.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1633

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 01:03:30 PM

Still trying to find what version of cgminer will work with windows xp pro 32 bit  Huh
I have read that the newest version of cgminer may not work with xp pro but i am not sure.
cgminer works with xp anything. The only limitation is more than 8 identical devices without identifiers can't be run on XP cos it can't tell them apart. That's an XP operating system limitation though, not a cgminer one.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
wannaBaMiner (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 10:00:17 PM

cgminer works with xp anything. The only limitation is more than 8 identical devices without identifiers can't be run on XP cos it can't tell them apart. That's an XP operating system limitation though, not a cgminer one.

Great I only have four units. Still overwhelmed about the actual set up process.  Undecided
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: