Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:37:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive BTCGarden AM V1 Setup [HD]  (Read 22313 times)
bbeesley

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:23:17 AM

I don't know how your router wouldn't also be a DNS server, that doesn't make sense. Its a router.

Routers route IP packets...they aren't DNS servers

most of what people call "Routers" are actually NAT devices. 

They aren't providing actual routing functions like OSPF or ISIS..they just take a public IP from your ISP and then NAT this to RFC1918 private space for your home network

they usually also provide DHCP services and will include the DNS server information in the DHCP response they obtained via DHCP from your ISP so you can auto configure your PCs with both IP and DHCP information.

some also will act as a DNS proxy and pass a DNS request sent to them to your ISP DNS addresses but not all include this functionality

I for instance actually use a real commercial grade router at my house (Juniper SRX-210) which doesn't do this because it is not a DNS proxy....it's a router.

1A3vU4r4typS1jNFfaJjvm77ZHMtqEvB4F
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 06:09:09 AM

I for instance actually use a real commercial grade router at my house (Juniper SRX-210) which doesn't do this because it is not a DNS proxy....it's a router.

If its so good why doesn't it do what all the other cheap routers do? Wink

xtoff

Activity: 187

Tru Reputation Network - Proof of Reputation

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 10:28:20 AM

HI,
He said which doesn't do this because it is not a DNS proxy....it's a router.
and other cheap routers don't
I have 2 ISP and I must set the DNS in the AM-V1 network GUI, it doesn't work with the IP of the router. 2 differents routers same issues.
bbeesley

Activity: 121

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 01:44:51 AM

If its so good why doesn't it do what all the other cheap routers do? Wink

because they aren't "routers", they are residential gateways

jacks of all trades and masters of none <grin>

I actually find it pretty annoying that manufacturers have built in the DNS proxy and other wonky features...I would rather the DCHP server pass through the settings from it's DHCP client...it's a much cleaner implementation.

but then I am an old school networking guy who still thinks ATM is a pretty nifty thing....I also sit on my porch and yell at kids to get off my lawn but that's another story.

I get that the majority of folks who don't understand networking and can't properly configure a TCP/IP client need a bit of automation and obfuscation to get them going - and that's really OK

in short I am a router snob who was willing to put a $2500 router in his house....kind of sad when you think about it really ;-)

1A3vU4r4typS1jNFfaJjvm77ZHMtqEvB4F
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 10:54:59 PM

Has anyone tried to the 7.19 version of the image yet?
I was wondering what improvements it has.  I have been having issues trying to get it to DL for the last several days.

klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:04:30 PM

Has anyone tried to the 7.19 version of the image yet?
I was wondering what improvements it has.  I have been having issues trying to get it to DL for the last several days.

running well for me - no visual differences though.

cant seem to OC though - 300-350 entry in the run.sh file has no effect

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
kcal63

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 05:15:58 AM

Dude your guides are fantastic. Have really been a help.
 Got an address so I can tip you? ---  maybe in Doge coins?  ; )
My btcgarden Am-v2 is due to be delivered Tues and I already know how to wire the puppy up (v2 is really just a pair of v1's bolted together) BTW I went with the EVGA 1300 W platinum for power (my Corsair 850TX gold supply cooked itself when I hooked it up to my RK-box, no idea why, just poof).
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 05:30:28 AM

Dude your guides are fantastic. Have really been a help.
 Got an address so I can tip you? ---  maybe in Doge coins?  ; )
My btcgarden Am-v2 is due to be delivered Tues and I already know how to wire the puppy up (v2 is really just a pair of v1's bolted together) BTW I went with the EVGA 1300 W platinum for power (my Corsair 850TX gold supply cooked itself when I hooked it up to my RK-box, no idea why, just poof).

BTC: 15UhE4x7d1hD2o2YKCcdddzuhymsTKdeuz
DOGE: DHEYyx94dmZ3crZ3FDqJ7BB5N4zwEAxDzm

DaveF
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6263

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 03:20:40 AM

AM V1 can be purchased without a pi, but a pi is currently the only accepted controller. Each unit should come with the necessary ribbon cable to attach the pi to the V1. You can control up to 4 V1s on one pi with the latest firmware.

Can you have one of the V1 and one of the V1X2 on 1 pi? I'm assuming it does not care as it just counts the boards, but I figure it's better to ask 1st.
-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 04:20:22 AM

AM V1 can be purchased without a pi, but a pi is currently the only accepted controller. Each unit should come with the necessary ribbon cable to attach the pi to the V1. You can control up to 4 V1s on one pi with the latest firmware.

Can you have one of the V1 and one of the V1X2 on 1 pi? I'm assuming it does not care as it just counts the boards, but I figure it's better to ask 1st.
-Dave

I don't know for sure but don't see why not - the boards are dumb to what physical configuration they're in.

ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:04:24 AM

Yes they can I have both.  I stacked them and all 6 boards run on one Pi.
I wish they would make some more updates to the software though.  I think they can get more out of the chips if they optimize it more.

-Dave

I don't know for sure but don't see why not - the boards are dumb to what physical configuration they're in.

xtoff

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 08:01:18 AM

Hi
RPI ==> 8 blades

1 first version  2 fans  = 2 blades
2 Version 2   4 fans = 4 blades
3 mixed  2 fans + 2 fans + 2 fans + 2 fans  or 2f +4f + 2f  or 4f + 4

1 blade to 8 blades with 1 RPI

all configurations are always AM-V1, the board is te same

fivejonnyfive

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 01:50:50 PM

Hi
RPI ==> 8 blades

1 first version  2 fans  = 2 blades
2 Version 2   4 fans = 4 blades
3 mixed  2 fans + 2 fans + 2 fans + 2 fans  or 2f +4f + 2f  or 4f + 4

1 blade to 8 blades with 1 RPI

all configurations are always AM-V1, the board is te same

well the 2nd version, If i note correctly, the board is slightly smaller, so there was some question of if the GPIO would work interchangably. But thanks for clearing this up.
xtoff

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 08:21:58 PM

OKay okay. I have also one AM-V1 with green board and another with black board.
A new version is an evolution a change in the spécifications I mean.

I said that to avoid confusion when BTCgarden speaks  about the next miner, he is not speaking about the case with 4 boards he is talking about the next board.

Wink
ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 11:05:19 PM

I do have good news that you can still stack the two board type miners.
No issues other than the V1 is wider than the V1-X2 which uses a shorter board.

OKay okay. I have also one AM-V1 with green board and another with black board.
A new version is an evolution a change in the spécifications I mean.

I said that to avoid confusion when BTCgarden speaks  about the next miner, he is not speaking about the case with 4 boards he is talking about the next board.

Wink

raine0001

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:21:01 AM

unable to boot rpi,  it asks for me to enter "runlevel"?  I've tried both rpi B and B+ with both builds accordingly.  the B+ build doesn't boot with a keyboard or ethernet access.  the B board stops and asks for a runlevel...  However does have ethernet connection and keyboard works.  After I enter (tried 1,2,3,4, etc...) I get the same "no more processes left in this runlevel"

running 4 btc boards:  1v X2  1200watts,  all my cables look correct.

thanks for any advice/help.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 11:59:22 PM

unable to boot rpi,  it asks for me to enter "runlevel"?  I've tried both rpi B and B+ with both builds accordingly.  the B+ build doesn't boot with a keyboard or ethernet access.  the B board stops and asks for a runlevel...  However does have ethernet connection and keyboard works.  After I enter (tried 1,2,3,4, etc...) I get the same "no more processes left in this runlevel"

running 4 btc boards:  1v X2  1200watts,  all my cables look correct.

thanks for any advice/help.

Not a clue what is going on with your Pi, unless you mean you're trying to plug into it directly? You need to go into it via its network IP.

raine0001

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:10:49 AM

the Ethernet port doesn't connect - doesn't show up as an IP address to go to.  the boot (firmware) doesn't complete the USB setup processes.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 03:06:50 AM

the Ethernet port doesn't connect - doesn't show up as an IP address to go to.  the boot (firmware) doesn't complete the USB setup processes.

What do you mean the USB setup process? If you're unable to connect via the network, how are you connecting? Seeing as you've made your own image, its highly likely you've done it wrong.

CrazyGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 06:19:36 AM

You must use BTCGarden's supplied image. Assuming you are, all you should need to do is hook the rpi up to your network and navigate to http://192.168.1.123 in your web browser. The only reason you wouldn't be able to connect to the RPi is if you are using a different subnet or there is something wrong with your pi. This needs to be addressed before you even turn on your V1.

ASICPuppy.net ASIC Mining Hardware and Accessories - Compac F in stock!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: