Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:54:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Predictive Technology  (Read 1955 times)
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 08:21:50 PM

Like, could you imagine cartoons that had their own mind to some extent, and invented their own episodes in their own world.

In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 06:00:20 AM

Predictive technology is the REAL reason behind the giant sucking sound of data coming from the NSA, Google, Facebook, and other private corporations. The more data they collect, the more accurate the predictions become, and with a more refined resolution.
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:33:51 PM

Predictive technology is the REAL reason behind the giant sucking sound of data coming from the NSA, Google, Facebook, and other private corporations. The more data they collect, the more accurate the predictions become, and with a more refined resolution.

But they can not predict everything. I am pretty sure a few people on the internet have them stumped.

Jamie_Boulder

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 09:12:43 PM

They are now predicting all kinds of things, like the world cup.
And it is apparently pretty damn accurate. Too bad that octopus died so we can't have a show down.

BigQuery
http://www.reddit.com/r/bigquery/
Well no shit. What do you think IBM does? They try to build these things to analyze big data and make predictions. Make things more efficient. Balh balha blah.  In the end of the day, everything is incremental and relative.  When you're dead and your great grand child is in his 40s, they'll be questioning the same things.

I understand that the technology is not new (they have had randomizers and predictive models forever) but BigQuery is new, and they are getting more data than anyone ever I am pretty sure.
Would've been bought out by now if that was true lol

Google owns it, who is going to "buy it out"? lol
Well there's your answer, already has been bought out lol (I was making an uneducated guess btw).

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 09:38:57 PM

But they can not predict everything. I am pretty sure a few people on the internet have them stumped.
You would be surprised how little it takes to build detailed psychological profiles of individuals and groups. I will give you one example. They can target certain videos or even comments on youtube or facebook. Based on your liking or disliking certain polarizing commentsor videos, they can use this to assemble a point by point psychological build of your ideologies and preferences which will enable them to build a quite accurate psychological profile which can be used to predict your future behavior under XYZ circumstances. This data can even be used to predict reactions on a societal or even global level so human reaction to policy can be tested and refined before they roll it out.
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 10:44:34 PM

They are now predicting all kinds of things, like the world cup.
And it is apparently pretty damn accurate. Too bad that octopus died so we can't have a show down.

BigQuery
http://www.reddit.com/r/bigquery/
Well no shit. What do you think IBM does? They try to build these things to analyze big data and make predictions. Make things more efficient. Balh balha blah.  In the end of the day, everything is incremental and relative.  When you're dead and your great grand child is in his 40s, they'll be questioning the same things.

I understand that the technology is not new (they have had randomizers and predictive models forever) but BigQuery is new, and they are getting more data than anyone ever I am pretty sure.
Would've been bought out by now if that was true lol

Google owns it, who is going to "buy it out"? lol
Well there's your answer, already has been bought out lol (I was making an uneducated guess btw).

Google made it, lol

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 10:49:05 PM

You would be surprised how little it takes to build detailed psychological profiles of individuals and groups. I will give you one example. They can target certain videos or even comments on youtube or facebook. Based on your liking or disliking certain polarizing commentsor videos, they can use this to assemble a point by point psychological build of your ideologies and preferences which will enable them to build a quite accurate psychological profile which can be used to predict your future behavior under XYZ circumstances. This data can even be used to predict reactions on a societal or even global level so human reaction to policy can be tested and refined before they roll it out.

I use Bitcoin, watch FOX (so I can talk shit to them on twitter about how stupid they are), I watch TYT, I watch debates from all different kinds of people. I look like  stoner, I am most well known as a stoner on Facebook and Google searches and stuff. I read books about everything (textbooks and other). Everyone thinks I am an atheist, but I am not. I am a heavy supporter of Texas philosophy but I am openly and loudly anti libertarian (as far as the crazy gun shit and whiteness of it all). I am constantly doing my own PERSONAL analysis of the world from different perspectives and basically creating my own "predictive models" simply by stating what I think goes next...

So I doubt Google could figure out what I am going to do next. I bet if the NSA has been watching me, they probably thought I was going to do something highly criminal one day, until recently, because I have finally started writing a lot online again.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 11:58:20 PM

I use Bitcoin, watch FOX (so I can talk shit to them on twitter about how stupid they are), I watch TYT, I watch debates from all different kinds of people. I look like  stoner, I am most well known as a stoner on Facebook and Google searches and stuff. I read books about everything (textbooks and other). Everyone thinks I am an atheist, but I am not. I am a heavy supporter of Texas philosophy but I am openly and loudly anti libertarian (as far as the crazy gun shit and whiteness of it all). I am constantly doing my own PERSONAL analysis of the world from different perspectives and basically creating my own "predictive models" simply by stating what I think goes next...

So I doubt Google could figure out what I am going to do next. I bet if the NSA has been watching me, they probably thought I was going to do something highly criminal one day, until recently, because I have finally started writing a lot online again.
You severely underestimate the power of analytical algorithms. I assure you, you are no enigma.
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 07:11:52 PM

You severely underestimate the power of analytical algorithms. I assure you, you are no enigma.

I am not acting like I am an enigma, I just honestly don't think computers can figure out everyone yet. If you do, that is cool, but I am pretty positive you are wrong.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 07:13:32 PM

Like maybe it can figure out what site I am most likely to visit, or what kind of product I am likely to buy from Amazon. But what will I say about God tomorrow? I doubt it knows.

counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 11:00:07 PM

I'm sure the predictive programming is good for advertising but I wonder how it can predict individual/mass movements of people off the web?  I would think their would need to be more of a video surveillance in place before things like that were a real concern. 

However now that I think about it the use of mobile devices would play a part in tracking and predicting mass movements...  Cry
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 06:01:05 AM

I'm sure the predictive programming is good for advertising but I wonder how it can predict individual/mass movements of people off the web?  I would think their would need to be more of a video surveillance in place before things like that were a real concern. 

However now that I think about it the use of mobile devices would play a part in tracking and predicting mass movements...  Cry
Using cell phones these algorithms can predict people's movements with 80% accuracy.
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 07:02:18 AM

does it blow anyone else's mind how data/information work? like it measures up all of its parts, and some how, each part (us) have some role in the grand scheme of things.. it's like we're all connected.
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 07:44:57 PM

I don't really use phones, only to talk to family.

counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 08:41:00 PM

I'm the same way for the most part.  I use them but I don't really enjoy having them around me and on my person.  I do appreciate the technology for what it can do and find the advancements fascinating.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 08:47:19 PM

I'm sure the predictive programming is good for advertising but I wonder how it can predict individual/mass movements of people off the web?  I would think their would need to be more of a video surveillance in place before things like that were a real concern.  

However now that I think about it the use of mobile devices would play a part in tracking and predicting mass movements...  Cry

It doesn't matter how much you use them. You carry one around with you and that is enough to track your movements, and therefore predict with great accuracy where you will be in the future.

CORRECTION: An average of 93% accuracy - http://www.economist.com/news/science-and-technology/21572159-data-social-networks-are-making-social-science-more-scientific-dr-seldon-i
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: