Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 11:47:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Racism in America  (Read 3543 times)
zolace

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:59:57 PM

Let's go back to my original question. Why did the benefits whites received not enable them to fail?
Mostly AA ones like you must have so many of this color. Hardly MLK's dream of color blindness. What benefits Zolace?
Blacks received less from government programs like the New Deal and the Fair Deal. and then there was this

......African-American veterans received significantly less help from the G.I. Bill than their white counterparts. ''Written under Southern auspices,'' he reports, ''the law was deliberately designed to accommodate Jim Crow.'' He cites one 1940's study that concluded it was ''as though the G.I. Bill had been earmarked 'For White Veterans Only.' '' Southern Congressional leaders made certain that the programs were directed not by Washington but by local white officials, businessmen, bankers and college administrators who would honor past practices. As a result, thousands of black veterans in the South -- and the North as well -- were denied housing and business loans, as well as admission to whites-only colleges and universities. They were also excluded from job-training programs for careers in promising new fields like radio and electrical work, commercial photography and mechanics. Instead, most African-Americans were channeled toward traditional, low-paying ''black jobs'' and small black colleges, which were pitifully underfinanced and ill equipped to meet the needs of a surging enrollment of returning soldiers.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/28/books/review/28KOTZL.html?pagewanted=all

So, why didn't such programs enable whites to fail?

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
sana8410 (OP)

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:05:32 PM

Let's go back to my original question. Why did the benefits whites received not enable them to fail?
Mostly AA ones like you must have so many of this color. Hardly MLK's dream of color blindness. What benefits Zolace?
Ah, that multitude of program.  Enacted to make them fail.   Never looked at it that way.Who are you kidding?  You are claiming to be disadvantaged by affirmative action.  That one program.  All your shit about "freebies" comes down to this.  One "program", not multitudes of programs.    You actually see yourself as a victim of AA.  If it weren't so sad it would be funny.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:12:54 PM

Blacks received less from government programs like the New Deal and the Fair Deal. and then there was this

......African-American veterans received significantly less help from the G.I. Bill than their white counterparts. ''Written under Southern auspices,'' he reports, ''the law was deliberately designed to accommodate Jim Crow.'' He cites one 1940's study that concluded it was ''as though the G.I. Bill had been earmarked 'For White Veterans Only.' '' Southern Congressional leaders made certain that the programs were directed not by Washington but by local white officials, businessmen, bankers and college administrators who would honor past practices. As a result, thousands of black veterans in the South -- and the North as well -- were denied housing and business loans, as well as admission to whites-only colleges and universities. They were also excluded from job-training programs for careers in promising new fields like radio and electrical work, commercial photography and mechanics. Instead, most African-Americans were channeled toward traditional, low-paying ''black jobs'' and small black colleges, which were pitifully underfinanced and ill equipped to meet the needs of a surging enrollment of returning soldiers.

And I keep asking where were the ambitions of blacks .Did they read their contracts before signing on? If all victims of crooks just silently acquiesce don't you think that enables the crooks? But if you fight back, that sends another message doesn't it?

sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:26:25 PM

And I keep asking where were the ambitions of blacks .Did they read their contracts before signing on? If all victims of crooks just silently acquiesce don't you think that enables the crooks? But if you fight back, that sends another message doesn't it?
Why can't blacks just make stuff people want?  Zolace wants to know.  Jews make furniture, Italians make pizza, Quakers make oats,  and Chinese do a great load of laundry.   What's your excuse?

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:41:02 PM

Why can't blacks just make stuff people want?  Zolace wants to know.  Jews make furniture, Italians make pizza, Quakers make oats,  and Chinese do a great load of laundry.   What's your excuse?
Yea if what ever I do, I get rewarded for it -- guess what happens? Now that was kinda funny.

sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:51:19 PM

Yea if what ever I do, I get rewarded for it -- guess what happens? Now that was kinda funny.
What do you mean by "if whatever I do gets rewarded".   I'll tell you what you mean...you don't mean YOU get rewarded for 'whatever'...all that wonderfulness that you are.   You mean they get rewarded for nothing, at your expense.  You're completely ignorant about AA and what it has done FOR this country and its minorities, not "to" them. 

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
zolace

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:58:11 PM

So blacks were not ambitious ? that was the problem all along? Not because there were restrictions on who they were able to do business with, occupations they could have, places they could go. As long as they accepted and lived within the limitations they should have been able to prosper right?
But it still does not answer the question, of why whites did not fail because of programs that they were the beneficiaries of. Do you think you could tackle that one?

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:59:52 PM

"If I fail a semester of school, I am assured preferential treatment again based on my race.

The teachers were all racist, thats why I failed. Oh okay lets try this set of teachers.

My brain runs on the Binford(promoted by Tim the Toolman) 999 Kv battery. Hardly ever wears down."
transient858

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:01:36 PM

Immigrants should adjust to where they are residing rather than demanding the local to change law to fit their need.

Can always go back to their own country or move to another country if they are not happy here.
sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:09:57 PM

I guess I do not understand.

On the 50th anniversity of the CRA of 1964 that is plenty of credit to go around.

Republicans were mostly in Northern states then and their courage in acting was admirable. Democrats supported the bill with a majority but were unable to deliver votes from the South. So much so that after the bill passed many of them moved to the Republican Party in the South or lost their seats in congress.

The passage of the bill took compromise and courage, with many knowing their seats would be at risk. Yet they did the right thing.

So why can't we do the right thing and simply acknowledge that this was a good thing, a good decision, and a good law?

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
zolace

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:24:56 PM

"If I fail a semester of school, I am assured preferential treatment again based on my race.

The teachers were all racist, thats why I failed. Oh okay lets try this set of teachers.

My brain runs on the Binford(promoted by Tim the Toolman) 999 Kv battery. Hardly ever wears down."
Nothing in your post makes sense.But let's take a real example. I fly a plane in the War. I come home and I am unable to get a job in my field, when white pilots do. Should I protest, or accept that's the way things are and work as a shoe shine man/porter/handyman/dishwasher/butler/waiter?

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:34:17 PM

BTW,

For those of you who strongly advocate states rights and smaller government, do you think the CRA of 1964 could ever have happened if your vision for America had been in place?

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Rigon

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:36:03 PM

BTW,

For those of you who strongly advocate states rights and smaller government, do you think the CRA of 1964 could ever have happened if your vision for America had been in place?

Great question - do you think our southern friends will take it on?
Keyara

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:47:06 PM

BTW,

You do realize the south losing the war contributed a big part of banking system we have today?
zolace

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:48:36 PM

I guess I do not understand.

On the 50th anniversity of the CRA of 1964 that is plenty of credit to go around.

Republicans were mostly in Northern states then and their courage in acting was admirable. Democrats supported the bill with a majority but were unable to deliver votes from the South. So much so that after the bill passed many of them moved to the Republican Party in the South or lost their seats in congress.

The passage of the bill took compromise and courage, with many knowing their seats would be at risk. Yet they did the right thing.

So why can't we do the right thing and simply acknowledge that this was a good thing, a good decision, and a good law?

Sadly, there was nothing courageous about it--it was pure political calculation--and the last admirable Republican was Teddy Roosevelt...and before him Lincoln, Stanton and Thaddeus Stevens. Admirable folks come very few and very far apart in that party.

No, this was the easiest political calculation ever--as Johnson knew, "We have lost the south for a generation."

Dems wouldn't pick up any new votes in the north, but they would lose them in the south.

Republicans wouldn't LOSE any new votes in the north (or few enough to matter) but they would gain HORDES (barbarian hordes) of them in the south.

Let us be frank, without the CRA, which gave them the south, the Republican party would already be extinct, rather than on  the verge of falling apart as it is today. Republican ideology was proven bankrupt as early as 1929, with the onset of the Depression. It experienced a brief chance at redemption under Eisenhower, but even then, with the alliance of the Republicans to Southern Dems, in return for those Dems support on Taft-Hartley, they were already breathing their last gasp as a national party.

Without the hatreds, racism and religious extremism of the south, there would BE no Republican Party today. They saw what was happening--Americans were turning towards the Dems in droves--so realized that sometimes, unless you can divide and conquer, you yourself will die.

So that's all the GOP has done for nigh on 60 years now, stoke the fires of hatred, racism and religious extremism in the south, and the desert west areas, and in Texas, against anyone they can find.

So no, I find nothing courageous or noble in the GOP Senators FINALLY, after multiple attempts by Northern Democrats to pass CR, breaking their alliance with Southern Dems. It was pure political strategy, their last lifeline, and they grasped it for they were worth.

And America is FAR worse off as a result.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:52:12 PM

BTW,

You do realize the south losing the war contributed a big part of banking system we have today?

yes i realize it!

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Victorius

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

...math, you can trust math.

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 07:35:31 PM

Malcolm X is da man! LOL

Funny thing is when racism criticising people are racist.

For example Malcolm X was studying history of blacks and he found out, that whole slave market was developed by jews. When he learned it he thought blacks that jews were owners of slaveships and hated them.

Another cool thing is when blacks hate hispanics.

Hispanics hate asians and so on...

Most racist in america is Hollywood. Hollywood is 100% jewish, so they put lot of "tolerance for minorities message" into their movies, show black people like "cool dudes"....but you know, that main hero is white, and black guy (if he doesnt die), is funny but only second! They use black people as monkyes because they can sing, dance and make funny faces....not cool.

Ok, maybe KKK is more racist Cheesy

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
DannyElfman

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 02:27:59 AM

BTW,

The CRA is a horrible law and contributed to the most recent financial crisis.

This spot for rent.
Rigon

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 10:51:18 AM

WATCH: Dozing Off After Work While Black Now Illegal on NYC Subway TrainsPolice brutalize a man for the crime of sleeping on his way home from work.
http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/watch-dozing-after-work-while-black-now-illegal-nyc-subway-trains
sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 11:00:54 AM

WATCH: Dozing Off After Work While Black Now Illegal on NYC Subway TrainsPolice brutalize a man for the crime of sleeping on his way home from work.
http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/watch-dozing-after-work-while-black-now-illegal-nyc-subway-trains
I saw this. If sleeping on the train on the way home from work is cause for arrest, the jails will be full of tired workers. The NYPD is one of the most corrupt organizations in the US. The case of Adrian Schoolcraft has proven that beyond any doubt whatsoever.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: