Bitcoin Forum
April 10, 2024, 09:27:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BEWARE. Buying Amazon Gift card from nitetrader. Read for your own info.  (Read 6883 times)
chungenhung (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 04:25:52 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2012, 08:47:16 PM by chungenhung

This thread is to document that I am buying Amazon GC from nitetrader.
First transaction, buying $50 Amazon GC for 8.7629BTC. Payment will be sent to 14tXHENdQbfSEcceDMMmgefaVkr57RY5yf

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chungenhung (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 04:47:58 AM

payment sent. Apparently he is a newbie and needs to wait some time before he can post.
He's already sent me the GC code, and it loads fine.
nitetrader

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 04:35:58 PM

Thanks to chungenhung for making a newbie feel at home. The first transaction was successful. Refreshing every 10 mins or so. When you get here we will proceed with the other two trades. Thanks!
chungenhung (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 05:37:11 PM

Apparently the cards may be stolen.
I ask for prove that he purchased the cards, and he sent me
-------- Begin forwarded message --------
Subject: Your Order with Amazon.com
Date: 3/7/12 9:38:28 PM
To: nitetrading@charter.net

Thank you for your Amazon.com gift card order!

Order information:
------------------------------------------------------------
Gift Card(s) Ordered (Order #105-0145151-8427473)
Send to: soconcerned@live.com
Amount: $50.00
Quantity: 4
Subtotal: $200.00
Shipping: FREE
Tax: $0.00
-------
TOTAL: $200.00

Please note: If this order is for a printable gift card, you will be
receiving an e-mail with a link to your gift card shortly. To see the
latest information about your order, please visit Your Account at:
http://www.amazon.com/your-account

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com!

Please note: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that
cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

Amazon.com
Earth's Biggest Selection
http://www.amazon.com
-----------------------------------------------------------
I contacted Amazon, and the info is fake.
So nitetrader, I suggest you return my bitcoin now. As Amazon would be removing the value from my account.
chungenhung (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 05:39:05 PM

My chat with Amazon
Code:
Me:order placed by nitetrading@charter.net
I don't know the person that placed the order
Apparently, nitetrading@charter.net buy it, gave it to soconcerned@live.com
Now, soconcerned@live.com is trying to sell the card to me
I just want to make sure that the info is correct, otherwise it could be a stolen card
Kelly:I'm sorry, without that name of the person who actually placed the order, I'm not able to give any information out. However, I can say that an order with that number does exist.
Me:but can you tell me the info I give you seem legitimate?
I am doing this because I don't want to buy from him if the card is stolen
Kelly:I understand. I'm very sorry, though, that I am not able to give you further information. The email you gave me is not one the order was placed under.
Me:So nitetrading@charter.net did not place the order?
Kelly:No, the order was not placed under that email.
Me:and it is not soconcerned@live.com either?
Kelly:No, not that one, either.
nitetrader

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 05:45:11 PM

The cards are NOT stolen and if someone is interested I will send them the correct information to their PM given that they DO NOT publish my information on public boards. I like my BTC anonymous for reasons I don't need to share here. To me this was very unprofessional.

I have the x2 legitimate Amazon Cards if anybody wants them. Please post here or PM. 16BTC for both.
chungenhung (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 05:57:34 PM

I have requested the real information and will check with amazon once it is provided.  I don't want to see a newbie wrongly marked as a scammer so I will verify this.
I used the exact info he gave me in my PM.
I've also asked him for the "corrected" info, since he claims what I had was wrong.
If he provide the legit info, and I verify with Amazon, I will make another post saying he is legit.
nitetrader

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 05:58:00 PM

PROOF PLEASE? Just because you had a conversation with Amazon and they could not  the sender address does NOT mean they were stolen. As I stated earlier I did not want to tie my BTC to my email. For anybody that wants to PM me I will share the reasons although I shouldn't need too. I understand you being cautions but you should have had proof before you did this.

I am letting both cards go fot 16BTC to the individual that can confirm with Amazon that these are not stolen and then post your findings here.
nitetrader

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 05:58:54 PM

I have requested the real information and will check with amazon once it is provided.  I don't want to see a newbie wrongly marked as a scammer so I will verify this.
I used the exact info he gave me in my PM.
I've also asked him for the "corrected" info, since he claims what I had was wrong.
If he provide the legit info, and I verify with Amazon, I will make another post saying he is legit.

Fair enough. Sending PM now.
chungenhung (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 06:02:41 PM

PROOF PLEASE? Just because you had a conversation with Amazon and they could not  the sender address does NOT mean they were stolen. As I stated earlier I did not want to tie my BTC to my email. For anybody that wants to PM me I will share the reasons although I shouldn't need too. I understand you being cautions but you should have had proof before you did this.

I am letting both cards go fot 16BTC to the individual that can confirm with Amazon that these are not stolen and then post your findings here.
What does this mean "Just because you had a conversation with Amazon and they could not  the sender address does NOT mean they were stolen."?
Everyone BEWARE, a few members are investigating this issue now.
chungenhung (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 06:05:51 PM

i am going to let OgNasty check it, as I assume you also PM him the supposedly "corrected" info.
nitetrader

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 06:09:02 PM

I would like to apologize for the confusion. As chungenhung suggested in PM I should have just redacted my email address if I wanted to remain anonymous. I am new to this I will do that next time.
chungenhung (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 06:18:23 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2012, 08:44:53 PM by chungenhung

Apparently this other rep did not want to disclose any info without the original purchaser's name and address.
Still chatting and finding other ways to verify.
Update. The rep told me the code is not part of the order.
Looks like we got a scammer, but I will let you guys decide.
Code:
Karen:Do you have the claim code?
Me:yes
X8K7-3QPS4C-4PH9
let me know if it is indeed from that order
Karen:The claim code you've provided is not part of that order.
Does that answer your question?
chungenhung (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 06:27:47 PM

This is what Amazon told me
Thank you for your patience. Unfortunately I'll not be able to help you as the order # you've provided is with another account. Due to security reasons I'm unable to look into the order details.

I wasn't able to confirm.  In my opinion that doesn't make him a scammer, but I will stay away from these cards all the same.
They all say that initially, but will answer to simple yes/no questions. As I don't think that is revealing any real sentitive data that we don't already have.
chungenhung (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 06:28:41 PM

I guess we will find out for real if my account gets investigated and closed.
nitetrader

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 06:36:21 PM

This is unbelievable. I still have the 2 cards for %70. They are NOT stolen and nobody can prove they were because they aren't. If anybody wants to go on teamview while I chat with amazon and confirm they are not stolen.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2012, 06:42:54 PM

I'll do it

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
nitetrader

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 07:03:42 PM

SOLD! to OgNasty for a great price. Enjoy your gift cards and be sure to post here when you receive your goods. Thanks for taking a chance on a wrongly accused newbie.
chungenhung (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 08:46:41 PM

This is unbelievable. I still have the 2 cards for %70. They are NOT stolen and nobody can prove they were because they aren't. If anybody wants to go on teamview while I chat with amazon and confirm they are not stolen.
You are right, I can't prove them are stolen.
BUT, the info you provided me both times were ALL fake, as I've verified with Amazon.
For me, I assume your cards are stolen. I'll let other forums guys decide on their own.
nitetrader

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 09:49:51 PM

You are right, I can't prove them are stolen.
BUT, the info you provided me both times were ALL fake, as I've verified with Amazon.
For me, I assume your cards are stolen. I'll let other forums guys decide on their own.

Let's see your chat log from the second time you contacted Amazon. You conveniently didn't post it because they never told you that. This guy has it out for me and obviously has a problem admitting when he makes a mistake.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: