Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:55:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BEWARE. Buying Amazon Gift card from nitetrader. Read for your own info.  (Read 6889 times)
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 06:53:05 AM

chungenhung, it is impossible to know for sure if a gift card is stolen until the gift card is removed. That is because they can also be bought with stolen credit cards.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2012, 08:26:48 AM

whats the status

occulta

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 12:59:46 PM

I suggest stay away from the $10 , $25 and $50 cards etc, as they are physical cards you can buy from stores and ALOT are stolen....  BTC is then a great way to launder the money. I know of people who this happened to, and had their amazon account closed.

just my 2cent

GPG KeyID: F5A703CC74E46E5D
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2012, 01:19:19 PM

you cant steal cards from stores

LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 01:29:40 PM

Yes you can... there are a number of retail stores that have displays of gift cards that include Amazon in amounts up to $100. An accomplished shoplifter could lift many of these. What you cannot steal from the store is the activation for those cards, unless you have a way of falsifying a transaction and can swipe the card to register the validation of the number.

The raw cards do have a code, and will show up in the Amazon system as a legit code, but they won't be spendable, as there is no assigned value with an authorization on them.
ataranlen

Activity: 846
Merit: 1000

The One and Only

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2012, 03:12:13 PM

whats the status

Item has shipped.  I do not think there will be a problem.  I have purchased several thousand dollars in gift cards on these forums in small amounts and my Amazon.com account keeps chugging along...  Has anyone actually had their Amazon.com account closed because of using stolen gift cards, or is that a cyber legend?

I've never had an account closed for entering an non-active gift card. Wink

MineTexas.com Minecraft Server We accept Bitcoin and Dogecoin.
Deepbit on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Deepbit/151108048294815
ataranlen

Activity: 846
Merit: 1000

The One and Only

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2012, 03:55:28 PM

I've never had an account closed for entering an non-active gift card. Wink

This thread is not about non-active gift cards.

I know, but someone brought them up, I thought I should give my two cents.  Angry

MineTexas.com Minecraft Server We accept Bitcoin and Dogecoin.
Deepbit on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Deepbit/151108048294815
occulta

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 06:49:11 PM

whats the status

Item has shipped.  I do not think there will be a problem.  I have purchased several thousand dollars in gift cards on these forums in small amounts and my Amazon.com account keeps chugging along...  Has anyone actually had their Amazon.com account closed because of using stolen gift cards, or is that a cyber legend?

As you know i sell a LARGE $ sum of cards every month, and have been for 2 years now. One of my regular buyers opted for some of these cards and had his account closed due to the code being used twice or something?, i wouldnt have said it otherwise Smiley

rexcoin

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 06:53:25 PM

whats the status

As you know i sell a LARGE $ sum of cards every month, and have been for 2 years now. One of my regular buyers opted for some of these cards and had his account closed due to the code being used twice or something?, i wouldnt have said it otherwise Smiley

If a code is used already amazon will reject any other tries i never heard of amazon freezing accounts for that ever.
Maybe your customer was using a amazon code generator, but then that would defeat the purpose of buying from you?
occulta

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 07:01:20 PM

No, my customer bought from somebody selling the physical cards, when he called them once his account was closed (they reopening it) they said the card was most likely stolen. If you want when he comes to me for another order in a few days i will clarify exactly what happened in that case. He is a very trustworthy person who i have been dealing with for well over a year and he we never use a 'code generator' ive never even heard of that.

rexcoin

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 07:09:49 PM

No, my customer bought from somebody selling the physical cards, when he called them once his account was closed (they reopening it) they said the card was most likely stolen. If you want when he comes to me for another order in a few days i will clarify exactly what happened in that case. He is a very trustworthy person who i have been dealing with for well over a year and he we never use a 'code generator' ive never even heard of that.

I am sorry i did not mean to sound like i was arguing, i just never heard of that was all.
Ah i never had a problem with a stolen card or anything - so i dont know much about that.
I believe you, we dont need to bother your customer to post here - no worries.
Hmm Code Generators are SCAMS, they usally just put a virus on your computer. They dont work like 99.99% of the time, its so so rare when they do work but it is not worth the virus on your computer..

The thing is when they do work its basically theft, because you have taken someone elses amazon gift number from the generator and used it.

Yea i know about generators because i used one for neopets.com - i was 13 at the time and the generator didnt work and stole my account instead..........And i never got it back because they CHANGED all details, i actually cried when i found out someone took my account. I had millions of neopoints, rare ass items, ect.. And i worked for it all, well lesson learned i will NEVER use a generator ever again, and i have not used it ever since.
chungenhung (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 08:55:19 PM

This is unbelievable. I still have the 2 cards for %70. They are NOT stolen and nobody can prove they were because they aren't. If anybody wants to go on teamview while I chat with amazon and confirm they are not stolen.
You are right, I can't prove them are stolen.
BUT, the info you provided me both times were ALL fake, as I've verified with Amazon.
For me, I assume your cards are stolen. I'll let other forums guys decide on their own.

Let's see your chat log from the second time you contacted Amazon. You conveniently didn't post it because they never told you that. This guy has it out for me and obviously has a problem admitting when he makes a mistake.
I did post the second chat log. Just because you are blind doesn't mean I didn't post it.
chungenhung (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 08:57:58 PM

you cant steal cards from stores
No you can't. Because they are there for you to take.
You can take all your want, but that doesn't mean it would be activated.
nitetrader

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 01:02:30 AM

chungenhung I would really appreciate it if you would remove the BEWARE in your thread title. Please change it out for resolved tags. I have had several transactions now and there have been no issues. I know you meant well with this and were only protecting the community but I am not here to scam anybody. In fact I was scammed on here for 15 coin today myself. Its hard enough trusting people around here without BEWARE signs pointing at them. Lol. Thanks for your consideration. -NT
ciprian220

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 01:45:22 AM

GUYS,,,,  "" CARDS" are NOTHING....the only PROFITABLE COIN IN FUTURE ARE BITCOIN   sorry....GOLD....rest are just BULLSHITS

AMAZON.....DON T USE IT
notserp
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 06:06:16 AM

lol wtf bumping a 4 year old thread
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: