Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 11:03:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TOO MANY BITCOINERS  (Read 4533 times)
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 08:03:26 PM

Let me ask you guys something, I'm fairly new here.

So assuming I'm a total noob and wanted to "try" these coins out and buy something, oh say at New Egg where I'm looking at some computer parts. And it says right there, pay with bitcoins, how exactly would I go about doing this?

Where can you instantly buy coins, and then pay for goods without having a wallet, or computer..

Basically what I'm saying is, unless your involved in the coin community, you can't. So I see that as the growth problem in one aspect.

Where can you buy coins?

Lots of places -- coinbase, bitsimple, localbitcoins, the xchnage section of this forum.

Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 08:03:29 PM

I have been watching Andreas Antanopolis and Gavin Andresen talking, as well as the MIT Expo and...

One things that I REALLY got from it was that there are TOO MANY PEOPLE mining Bitcoin. Gavin said it in like 2 or 3 videos.

Then they said "This year is the year of the multi sig wallet" which shows me that they believe we are done getting new people... Which makes sense, since they are saying that TOO MANY PEOPLE are mining...

We need to kick the community in to high gear. We need people HELPING EACH OTHER, telling each other what altcoins to mine. What exchanges to use. What coins they can get for FREE without mining.

The community is getting "Too Big" to mine regularly and needs to start using that hashing power to get something done.

MORE PEOPLE ARE COMING. I promise this is not the end of the growth, and it is hardly even the beginning of the growth.
If you have never used an altcoin, PICK ONE. If you don't want to use altcoins, share Bitcointalk.org with other people. Post on other forums, post in Facebook groups, post in Google groups. Let's get the WHOLE world using Crypto!!!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=678472.0
Yes. it is exactly right, and I've done it. although only about altcoin spread this information in social media, or share with my close friends. and when reading this post, I am quite proud that I have done. so we are not only focused with bitcoin. This indirectly will make bitcoin balance and profitable too Smiley

Yes, the more people that use altcoins the better off Bitcoin will be.

Just let them fry.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 08:06:18 PM

Maybe your just trolling me here to push your blog and website, but it's really bad for conversations.

I don't want your Devcoin, they are worthless, just like every other damn coin other then bitcoin.

To the average person, those things are just plain stupid until they can walk into Starbucks and buy grande latte mocha frappe whatever you call that stuff.

heck, i can walk into home depot and pay with my paypal account, I dont even need my wallet. just tap tap on the screen and punch some stuff in and bam, i got a pick, i can mine gold now.  Wink

dont worry about finshaggy (aka hotep)he has no bitcoin technical knowledge and just loves to talk about random things he has never experienced. the only thing i know is that he is a money grabber.. his latest project is that he has made a few altcoins by visiting a skiptkiddy website(not by making a useful coin the old hard way, with actual code) and is trying to push people to buy them..

so dont give him a second thought.. he is more transparent then oxygen.. but without the benefits of it.. he is just a lot of hot air

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Junkbarman

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 08:10:55 PM

So assuming I'm a total noob and wanted to "try" these coins out and buy something, oh say at New Egg where I'm looking at some computer parts. And it says right there, pay with bitcoins, how exactly would I go about doing this?

Where can you instantly buy coins, and then pay for goods without having a wallet, or computer..

Basically what I'm saying is, unless your involved in the coin community, you can't. So I see that as the growth problem in one aspect.

Where can you buy coins?

Lots of places -- coinbase, bitsimple, localbitcoins, the xchnage section of this forum.

Ok, let's start this again. And why would I do that? When all I need to do is press Paypal button. Or Visa Button.

Does everyone really not see how big the forest is because they are sitting under their own tree?
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 08:12:34 PM

Maybe your just trolling me here to push your blog and website, but it's really bad for conversations.

I don't want your Devcoin, they are worthless, just like every other damn coin other then bitcoin.

To the average person, those things are just plain stupid until they can walk into Starbucks and buy grande latte mocha frappe whatever you call that stuff.

heck, i can walk into home depot and pay with my paypal account, I dont even need my wallet. just tap tap on the screen and punch some stuff in and bam, i got a pick, i can mine gold now.  Wink

I am not pushing Devcoin, it is just the only coin you can get without mining. Then trade them for Bitcoin and have Bitcoins to use in the community.
There is NO OTHER WAY to do it like that.

If there was another, BETTER coin for it, I would have told you about it. But there isn't.

Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 08:17:11 PM

heck, i can walk into home depot and pay with my paypal account, I dont even need my wallet. just tap tap on the screen and punch some stuff in and bam, i got a pick, i can mine gold now.  Wink

I am not pushing Devcoin, it is just the only coin you can get without mining. Then trade them for Bitcoin and have Bitcoins to use in the community.

If there was another, BETTER coin for it, I would have told you about it. But there isn't.
Are we talking about the devcoin that is currently worth 15 satoshis each? You can't be serious.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 08:17:48 PM

Where can you buy coins?

Ok, let's start this again. And why would I do that? When all I need to do is press Paypal button. Or Visa Button.

Does everyone really not see how big the forest is because they are sitting under their own tree?

You have a point in that electronic payments are very good now in first world countries.
But the merchants pay high fees.  Also your fiat money is a poor store of value and your
purchasing power is being constantly eroded by inflation.

Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 08:18:00 PM

Where can you buy coins?

Look, if you can not see the advantage for all traders to have a low cost, high speed, no fuss payment system, and that the low cost will benefit also the retail customer, your intelligense is to low for this forum. Go away. Maybe you can sell your knowledge to paypal.
Junkbarman

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 08:29:44 PM

Where can you buy coins?

Look, if you can not see the advantage for all traders to have a low cost, high speed, no fuss payment system, and that the low cost will benefit also the retail customer, your intelligense is to low for this forum. Go away. Maybe you can sell your knowledge to paypal.

Touchy touchy, didn't mean to insult you. I just think you're missing my point. I'm not going to try and explain it.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 08:30:50 PM

Where can you buy coins?

bitcoins is not about if you have paypal. to convert it to bitcoins, just to then instantly use on new egg.. if you have pay pal or a debit card.. just use it on new egg..

what bitcoin is about is having your debit card, and having an alternative to:
bank wire transfers
credit cards
paypal
cash in hand.

its more about the holding a better store of value that is not going to take u days to process (wire transfer) will not charge you excessive fee's(paypal/credit card) for every thing you buy, that wont freeze your bank account or charge-back without your consent(bank/paypal/creditcard).

bitcoin is a better payment system then those controlled by your local government (slow), or corporations (greedy).

but if you just want to get some bitcoins just to learn how to send them.
Where can you buy coins?

bitcoins are not for everyone, just like paypalis not for everyone, or credit cards, or bank notes. they all have their own uses and facilities. but bitcoin is the only one that can do it all, faster and cheaper then the rest.

you will realise this when the banks start messing with your money or paypal charges start eating into your funds and chargebacks start to increase. untill then have fun learning and trying it out

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 08:37:55 PM

heck, i can walk into home depot and pay with my paypal account, I dont even need my wallet. just tap tap on the screen and punch some stuff in and bam, i got a pick, i can mine gold now.  Wink

Are we talking about the devcoin that is currently worth 15 satoshis each? You can't be serious.

When I first came to Devcoin it was 10 satoshis and has been as low as 5 if I am not mistaken, and that was over a year ago and throughout the last year. So anyone that has been buying it would have earned money. So what are you talking about?

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 08:41:12 PM

devcoin owners only push publicity stunts to drum up new buyers so they can offload their crap before its worthless..

stop trying to offload your worthless coins onto someone else.

get a real job!!! hopefully something that is not a utopian dream that wont come true, but a actual job that can hlp bitcoin that is actually in the realm of reality..

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 08:42:55 PM

devcoin is a nice idea, but it obviously went nowhere fast.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 08:45:09 PM

devcoin owners only push publicity stunts to drum up new buyers so they can offload their crap before its worthless..

stop trying to offload your worthless coins onto someone else.

get a real job!!! hopefully something that is not a utopian dream that wont come true, but a actual job that can hlp bitcoin that is actually in the realm of reality..

I am not even talking about Devcoin myself. I am only talking about it in response to someone that asked how to get coins without mining, and now you.

If you want to make a coin that pays people to upload music, or art or whatever, I will share your coin when people ask about things like this. But for now, Devcoin is the only one.

And I never told anyone to BUY devcoins, I told them to get them free for writing. So how would I make any money dumping if all other people are doing is writing for free coins? That literally makes no sense.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 08:46:13 PM

devcoin is a nice idea, but it obviously went nowhere fast.

You are very mistaken. It is at 15 satoshis and you can get HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of devcoins for writing a few thousand words. Devcoin may not be moving, but it is doing very well. There are just tons of coins, so they seem overly cheap, but that is just because of the sheer mass of coins that exist.

Junkbarman

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 08:46:48 PM

bitcoins is not about if you have paypal. to convert it to bitcoins, just to then instantly use on new egg.. if you have pay pal or a debit card.. just use it on new egg..

Everyone read the OP topic or just jump to page 3?

We are talking about growth here. Nothing of what you said isn't true.

But if you want more "neweggs" out there, then there needs to be growth in ease of access to actual coins.

The growth will explode when you have that many people using bitcoin daily.
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 08:47:23 PM

The only problem with Devcoin is that everyone gets them for free then has a "Hold for dear life" mentality. And when everyone is getting their coins free, and no one is putting them on the market, then the coin stops moving.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 08:47:59 PM

But if you want more "neweggs" out there, then there needs to be growth in ease of access to actual coins.

I wish everyone could see that Bitcoin is FAR from a regular "stock", it is like Apple before the Ipod.

ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 09:09:50 PM

I wish everyone could see that Bitcoin is FAR from a regular "stock", it is like Apple before the Ipod.

There is definetly a lot of miners out there, but its normal scenarion ; where people see profit, they exploit it to the point when there is more loss than actual gain.
For bitcoins price to erupt, targeted audience should be changed from general public, to privileged.
Does that defy the original bitcoin idea, well yes, but you cant have everyone satisfied.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 09:11:50 PM

Where can you buy coins?

OK, sorry that this has been blown past. It deserves an honest answer.

Before you could 'just press the PayPal button', you had to create an account with PayPal, right? Then link that account with another funding source such as a credit card or a bank account, right? Then earn money, and put that money in the linked account, right? Well, in a similar fashion, you don't just get awarded BTC as a birthright.

Before you can spend bitcoins, you need to have some. There are many ways to accomplish this. As you seem enamored of old-world money mechanisms, I will describe what I think is the closest analog.

Go to Coinbase.com. Create an account and wallet there. Link it with your bank account and or credit card. Use Coinbase's handy interface to purchase bitcoins from them using funding from your liked account. Boom. You know have easily spendable bitcoins. In something very close to the PayPal model of doing business.

Now to spend them, it is as simple as choosing bitcoin as the checkout means of payment from a retailer that accepts bitcoins. Examples would be NewEgg, Expedia, Overstock...

You can also make your Home Depot purchase (many other retailers as well) quite painlessly, through the intermediary of Gyft. But you probably want to get some experience with the basics first, before adding this next layer.

We are not born knowing how to use bitcoin. Neither are we born knowing how to use wire transfers, credit cards, checks, or even cash. You've been around these other financial instruments your entire adult life, so you no longer think about the learning process in regards to them. But you should not expect using any new financial instrument to come with zero learning required.

Yes, things require a little effort. Less now than a year ago. In another year, they will be easier yet. Either go through the pain of learning now, or wait another year for the next simplification. There will still be learning required, but likely much less. All you'd be giving up is the possibility of another 10x possible increase in the value of the bitcoins you hold.

But stop whining - we're not going to do it for you. We have our own lives to run.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: