Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:59:08 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Big loss  (Read 3840 times)
FreeTrade
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 01:24:14 PM

The future consists of a world of multiple competing and complementary coins. Different coins offer different strengths. I can't see what Litecoin's USP is personally, but it will be lifted with the rising tide of all crypto come the next big swing upwards.

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 01:44:41 PM

The loss is not that big. It's only $2000 invested and the price has not yet halved. I guess you should hold and wait for the next pump of all coins.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 02:00:57 PM

Just hold, best thing you can do, if you sell and LTC price is going back up again you'll be very unhappy.

LTC is a solid coin, great dev behind it.
PereguineBerty

Activity: 109
Merit: 35

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 08:43:38 PM

LTC has bounced back a lot in the past day or so.

Hopefully the OP listened to the advice of those who'd suggested this might happen, not the dumpers. It would be interesting to see how he's getting on though.

InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 09:03:42 PM

Just hold, best thing you can do, if you sell and LTC price is going back up again you'll be very unhappy.

They may have good dvs behind LTC, but it still doesn't add any real features that bitcoin does not already provide to users and bitcoin is many times more secure then LTC is.
shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:56:53 AM

They may have good dvs behind LTC, but it still doesn't add any real features that bitcoin does not already provide to users and bitcoin is many times more secure then LTC is.

The feature LTC offers is a secure blockchain. BTC got a secure blockchain and LTC will have a seperate secure blockchain when the hashrate have increased sufficient. That is were the the value in LTC is and why the value will increase long term. Features can be buildt on a secure blockchains, but are worthless on insecure coins (every other).
smalltimer

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:28:53 AM

hope op didn't sell into the loss
InwardContour

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 08:27:20 PM

The feature LTC offers is a secure blockchain. BTC got a secure blockchain and LTC will have a seperate secure blockchain when the hashrate have increased sufficient. That is were the the value in LTC is and why the value will increase long term. Features can be buildt on a secure blockchains, but are worthless on insecure coins (every other).
If they both have a secure blockchain then why would you want to deal with the blockchain that is less secure (LTC)? Not only that but bitcoin is much more widely adopted and followed by the press, so any merchant that accept bitcoin would essentially get free advertising while a merchant that accept LTC would not.
cech4204a

Activity: 252

12CDKyxPyL5Rj28ed2yz5czJf3Dr2ZvEYw

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 08:28:33 PM

Wait, now you allready lost most of it, just don't be panic seller. It will be fine. LTC is going up in the last few days, no worries.

Bitcoin is DEAD
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 08:29:49 PM

hope op didn't sell into the loss

he can sell at loss and enter on another pump at the right time to recover and make some profit, this what i did with one coin once
shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 09:41:11 PM

If they both have a secure blockchain then why would you want to deal with the blockchain that is less secure (LTC)? Not only that but bitcoin is much more widely adopted and followed by the press, so any merchant that accept bitcoin would essentially get free advertising while a merchant that accept LTC would not.

Think a few years ahead. To be a simple currency will not be the most important function for either BTC og LTC.
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 11:32:40 PM

i bought 2000$ litecoins at 11.8$ , 2 months ago   Embarrassed
please advise me sell it or wait ? or change it with darkcoin or what ? Huh

Perhaps you could slowly move into a more diverse position.

For example, sell a little LTC each week and move it into other coins.
InwardContour

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:56:50 AM

Think a few years ahead. To be a simple currency will not be the most important function for either BTC og LTC.
But on the way there, merchants will have little/no reason to start to accept LTC as BTC works just fine, is more secure and more heavily adopted.
cozk

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:13:36 AM

I'd hold.
EternalWingsofGod

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:55:43 AM

The future consists of a world of multiple competing and complementary coins. Different coins offer different strengths. I can't see what Litecoin's USP is personally, but it will be lifted with the rising tide of all crypto come the next big swing upwards.

^_^ yes this is possible, perhaps it will be the critical mass where each coin pushes the others to get stronger
Each one working towards a better coin together.

drAGon925

Activity: 527

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 07:29:24 AM

That is not loss if you do not sale.
Thing is that today you can buy more LTC then you already have.

I would hold,
or if you must have other alts to calm your hands,
you mentioned DRK,
I can suggest you to research this coin, maybe little amount get back to you that 2k$ soon

https://wiki.anoncoin.net/Anoncoin_Wiki

EDIT: I forgot...I buy LTC at 22-24$  : )
griffinriz

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:31:52 AM

i would rather sell now and invest in XMR. But also i would recommend you to do your own research and make your decision.
Vivisector999

Activity: 541

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 03:23:08 PM

BTC went through this exact same cycle when the ASIC's hit. 

Everyone rushed in to buy multi 1000$ machines, thinking they would make a killing, instead the difficulty shot through the roof, and they all needed to dump every coin they mined to make their ROI back.  Once things settle down with the ASIC's coming in and forever changing LTC, things should begin to rise again.  Although due to the low value of LTC, and the price of the big ASIC's, I would expect it to be a longer turn-around time for this to occur.   I would hold for the longterm, or sell if you can't handle the idea of waiting a year or more.

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 03:24:08 PM

i would rather sell now and invest in XMR. But also i would recommend you to do your own research and make your decision.
Invest in BCN, XMR is just a clone.
gondel
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 03:40:38 PM

Well about litecoin, my advise is to sell it while it is still worth something. There is one little chance if another bubble occurs with BTC the prices of all alts will go up. Better chance is the price going down and down so sell
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: