Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:14:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The final 2 days of Bitshares crowd funding. Don't miss out !!  (Read 2392 times)
FriendsOfBitshares (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 02:23:53 AM
Last edit: July 17, 2014, 07:16:30 AM by FriendsOfBitshares

The final countdown has begun

We'd would like to inform everyone of the approaching close of the Bitshares AGS (or Angelshares) crowd-funding. The longest round of crowd-funding for any crypto-equity related project to date is coming to a close with approximately two weeks remaining.  

BitShares AGS, represent a way to gain a stake in this new and exciting industry of distributed autonomous companies without mining coins. AGS donations started on January 1, 2014 and run for 199 days. The donations to the AGS fund support the research, development and creation of the BitShares technology. Those who support the fund are given public credit as 10,000 AGS shares , proportional to the amount donated. BitShares AGS is a public way to document who has donated to help build the industry. In return, 3rd party developers may choose to give shares in their new companies as “tips” to those donors in accordance with the BitShares Social Consensus . They do this primarily as a targeted promotion to attract the support of people who are likely to contribute to their new ventures in a variety of helpful ways.

For those who do not know about Bitshares - Bitshares is a technology supported by next generation entrepreneurs, investors, and developers with a common interest in finding free market solutions by leveraging the power of globally decentralized consensus and decision making. Bitshares looks to extend the innovation of the blockchain to all industries that rely upon the internet to provide their services. Whether its banking, stock exchanges, lotteries, voting, music, auctions or many others, a digital public ledger allows for the creation of distributed autonomous companies (or DACs) that provide better quality services at a fraction of the cost incurred by their more traditional, centralized counterparts. The advent of DACs ushers in a new paradigm in organizational structure in which companies can run without any human management and under the control of an incorruptible set of business rules. These rules are encoded in publicly auditable open source software distributed across the computers of the companies’ shareholders, who effortlessly secure the company from arbitrary control. Bitshares does for business what bitcoin did for money by utilizing distributed consensus technology to create companies that are inherently global, transparent, trustworthy, efficient and most importantly profitable.  

For more information:

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CLains

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 03:15:37 AM

Here's an overview of AGS donations since January 1 http://www1.agsexplorer.com/
solaaire

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:31:28 AM

just chiming in to add that 6 dev teams have already announced that they will honor AGS:

Lotto Shares
BitShares.p2p
BitShares Lotto
BitShares Music
Follow My Vote (voting DAC)
BitShares X
juicyjuice87

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 07:05:22 AM

Reserved
FriendsOfBitshares (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 07:52:12 AM

Can we buy from the Asset exchange??

The asset exchange is in public testing and is close to being released soon.  Those who participated in AGS or owned PTS on the February 28th snapshot will have a shares in the first Bitshares Exchange.
liondani

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

Inch by Inch,Play by Play

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 09:03:19 AM
Last edit: July 06, 2014, 10:56:25 AM by liondani

They are producing on the test chain, one block every 15 sec. without forks !!!
The transactions are 100% real anonymous(TITAN technology allows users to Transfer Invisibly To A Name!!!).The delegate participation on block production is already 93%
and 2 trx per sec is like "butter on they bread", their test network passed all stress tests you can imagine, I am in doubt somebody could attack so hard in real market conditions. If you ask me, the revolution is in front of our face guys.
Consider yourselves the luckiest individuals in history of crypto revolution. It is the perfect time to get involved again, even the more optimistic's couldn't dream of such an opportunity to participate at, and the same time the potential to gain huge profits.
History will give as the answer's sooner as you believe... because the future is already here!

Inch by Inch, Play by Play
Bitrated user: liondani.
xeroc

Activity: 345

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 03:36:55 PM

They are producing on the test chain, one block every 15 sec. without forks !!!
holy moly .. much like the differences between SDH and DSL (check it out on wikipedia)

hint: best-effort vs. synchronized system!
FriendsOfBitshares (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 05:44:08 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2014, 07:11:54 PM by FriendsOfBitshares

That is one of the problems with completely distributed networks.  You run into large delays due to the network latency.  With Delegated POS the block-signers can be selected by performance metrics.  It is just hard to scale a network where every node is treated equally.  DPOS works around that.
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:14:22 AM

Bump

Only 12 Days left of the 200 day BitShares-AGS IPO.

5436 BTC & 392 000 PTS donated so far. (Yes, that means everyone except you has a stake  Tongue)

Check out their latest newsletter, '10 Reasons to be excited about BitShares'

http://bitshares.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/News-Letter-08-July-2014.pdf
FriendsOfBitshares (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 05:54:13 AM
Last edit: July 07, 2014, 02:42:37 PM by FriendsOfBitshares

I never had to serve my country.  I was lucky.  I do however serve Bitshares.  Til death does us apart.  Onward and forward.  The world doesn't get it, but we do.  Sometimes I sit around wondering.  What can I do to wise up the masses about what is the greatest crypto 2.0 project in existence ?  

I'll post on bitcointalk !  A bastion of freedom !

Everyone do yourself a favor and read about bitshares.  Right now donating has a lot of benefit and you are enabling freedom.  Freedom through DACs.  Lets see how far this stuff can take us.  It is a new world out there and Bitshares is on the next level in that regard. http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/A_Philosophy_of_Freedom has some quotes from the head dev of Bitshares.  So donating to this gives *you* Angelshares while also supporting Bitshares.  

Seriously.  Do yourself a favor peeps !!  

scottsecret

Activity: 52

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:01:13 PM

I never had to serve my country.  I was lucky.  I do however serve Bitshares.  Til death does us apart.  Onward and forward.  The world doesn't get it, but we do.  Sometimes I sit around wondering.  What can I do to wise up the masses about what is the greatest crypto 2.0 project in existence ?  

Everyone do yourself a favor and read about bitshares.  Right now donating has a lot of benefit and you are enabling freedom.  Freedom through DACs.  Lets see how far this stuff can take us.  It is a new world out there and Bitshares is on the next level in that regard. http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/A_Philosophy_of_Freedom has some quotes from the head dev of Bitshares.  So donating to this gives *you* Angelshares while also supporting Bitshares.  

You're a real fanboy.  Funny .. but still a fanboy.  Why do you think Bitshares is such a great project ?  Why shouldn't I invest in NXT instead ?
testz
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:19:08 PM

You're a real fanboy.  Funny .. but still a fanboy.  Why do you think Bitshares is such a great project ?  Why shouldn't I invest in NXT instead ?

NXT also very innovative and has great community.
Unfortunately NXT has very bad initial distribution.
Personally I prefer BitShares.  Smiley

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
clout

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 04:00:56 AM

I never had to serve my country.  I was lucky.  I do however serve Bitshares.  Til death does us apart.  Onward and forward.  The world doesn't get it, but we do.  Sometimes I sit around wondering.  What can I do to wise up the masses about what is the greatest crypto 2.0 project in existence ? 

I'll post on bitcointalk !  A bastion of freedom !

Everyone do yourself a favor and read about bitshares.  Right now donating has a lot of benefit and you are enabling freedom.  Freedom through DACs.  Lets see how far this stuff can take us.  It is a new world out there and Bitshares is on the next level in that regard. http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/A_Philosophy_of_Freedom has some quotes from the head dev of Bitshares.  So donating to this gives *you* Angelshares while also supporting Bitshares. 

Seriously.  Do yourself a favor peeps !! 

Transactions speed (reduced to 15 second blocks and 1 block confirmation - will be reduced to 10 perhaps 5 second blocks). Transactions load (10 tps initially). Scalablity (can scale to size of visa). Stabile assets (bitAssets allow people to pass on volatility to those with higher risk tolerance). Name registration and anonymous transacitons (referred to as TITAN or Transfer Invisibly To Any Name - automated stealth address creation). Fastest and most active development team in the business.
xeroc

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 06:47:06 AM

you know what:

I set a cronjob to spend PTS towards AGS *every* fu%%ing day Smiley

BAM!
FriendsOfBitshares (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:27:05 AM

you know what:

I set a cronjob to spend PTS towards AGS *every* fu%%ing day Smiley

BAM!

LOL.  You better remember to turn it off.  The end is right around the corner.
xeroc

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 06:40:28 AM

LOL.  You better remember to turn it off.  The end is right around the corner.
Yhea .. need to install a reminder for that Smiley
CLains

Activity: 256

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 11:24:36 AM

Why do you think Bitshares is such a great project ?  Why shouldn't I invest in NXT instead ?

I invest in NXT because I invest in Daniel Larimer when I invest in BitShares, and he holds that NXT is a good investment. Make no mistake, if not soon, then someday soon both NXT and BitShares will be 10-20x what they are now.
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 11:36:39 AM

Ipo is dropping price rather than unceasing after final day it can be even - 50% at the end. Seriously Smiley
today no one knows...
I will hold for POS in long therm:
BlackCoin: (constantly evolving )
Bitshares: (new economy system - good to see how idea works )
NEM: (NXT with better distribution - i won't invest in NXT because of that )

Bitshares looks interesting but when we see at attention on them is dropping share price.
Lets see what will be with them.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
FriendsOfBitshares (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 06:55:40 PM

You're a real fanboy.  Funny .. but still a fanboy.  Why do you think Bitshares is such a great project ?  Why shouldn't I invest in NXT instead ?

I missed this.  Yes, I do get carried away at times.

There are 2 main reasons you want to get into Bitshares.

The potentially huge Bitshares X decentralized exchange.  NXT AE is the closest thing currenctly.  Mastercoin and XCP are weird things that rely on the good will of Bitcoin.  NXT AE is pretty nice, but there lacks any of the market pegging/bitasset type functionality.  BitAssets will allow people to invest/speculate in all manner of commodities without being in a centralized exchange system.  No borders.  Huge potential.  In order to invest in this you have to buy BTSX.

The other reason to invest in Bitshares is that you like their technological approach to created Decentralized Autonomous Entities.  Bitshares people call them D.A. Companies, but it is the same thing.  Bitshares will have a lean system with low barrier of entry.  So either donate to Angelshares in this last week or buy and hold Protoshares.
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:00:21 PM

Bump. Only two days of AGS donations left!

http://www1.agsexplorer.com/
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: