Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:55:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The future of PB Mining may be in doubt  (Read 1339 times)
snowcrawl (OP)

Activity: 377
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 09:38:52 AM

Today I noticed that PB Mining has put a statement on their contract purchase page stating that they are no longer selling contracts to Canadian residents.  Keep in mind that PB Mining also states on their website that they are a "trusted business in Saskatchewan Canada".  I would then like to ask a question of PB Mining users: "How do you feel about the fact that PB Mining might now not be able to do business in it's home country?"
By continuing to buy contracts through their site you must agree that you are not a Canadian resident, until they are able to clear up the legal issues of selling mining contracts to Canadian residents.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 07:29:41 PM

Today I noticed that PB Mining has put a statement on their contract purchase page stating that they are no longer selling contracts to Canadian residents.  Keep in mind that PB Mining also states on their website that they are a "trusted business in Saskatchewan Canada".  I would then like to ask a question of PB Mining users: "How do you feel about the fact that PB Mining might now not be able to do business in it's home country?"
By continuing to buy contracts through their site you must agree that you are not a Canadian resident, until they are able to clear up the legal issues of selling mining contracts to Canadian residents.

Canada has become a legal gray area for bit coin. The intentionally vague regulatory statement was designed to have a chilling affect on the bit coin economy there. With just-dice shut down and now this it appears to be working.

LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 02:22:57 AM

Ah but sooooooooooooooooooooooooo many "have brought Bitcoin to the people!" and advocate for government "regulation"!

They are now reaping what they have sown!

An yes, I reserve the right to tell you:

I TOLD YOU SO!

Wink

Buncha halfwits don't know a good thing when they got it.

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:32:01 AM

Canada has become a legal gray area for bit coin. The intentionally vague regulatory statement was designed to have a chilling affect on the bit coin economy there. With just-dice shut down and now this it appears to be working.
I agree. I think that this has more to do with the fact that the regulatory environment in Canada is questionable and less to do with the solvency of PB mining. With that being said I am still a big opponent of cloud based mining as it centralizes mining and makes it difficult to change pools.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: