Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:51:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nanaimo Gold - Shady Business Practices???  (Read 18514 times)
Jonathan Ryan Owens
Donator

Activity: 392
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2011, 05:34:54 AM

Sometimes it take a while for the truth to come to light so please excuse me for resurrecting this old thread.

Because I have a good relationship with Western Union, the loss prevention officer I have been dealing with let me know what a good job I have been doing in stopping the fraud that carders attempt online with stolen numbers. Unlike many exchangers who accept WU, I can always do so using my own real name (or my partner Demitri) and do not have to hire strippers or crackheads to pick up the money for me.

The OP, the guy who started this thread was doing just that. He was attempting to defraud WU by cashing out a stolen credit card through my exchange service. My old and tested fraud prevention policy stymied him. He authored this bullshit thread in retalliation.

There was no possible way for him to set the Q&A as I stipulate in my instructions. He was lying when he said he did so because it's not possibile to do so when making an online payment.

I hope that readers of this thread get a glimps into how difficult it is to operate a service to exchange people in and out of digital currency.

It's housecleaning time. All the rats and roaches will scurry into the dark soon. Come October 1 all of you anonymous pedophiles, criminals and drug dealers will have to either follow 'know your customer' (FinCEN) rules within the US, if you want to purchase or sell Bitcoins through an exchange intermediary, or you will have to find ways to launder your coins through what will hopefully be too complicated a process for you to even bother anymore. It's about to go this way. There will be two types of exchanges for Bitcoins and other stored value electronic serial numbers / certificates:

1) legitimate, soft-bank / paypal light services and 2) underground, tax avoiding and criminal / scam services

This chapter of Bitcoin is coming to an end. The strong, moral and just will write the next one. It's time to stop being so damn 'anonymous' and stand up if you have nothing to hide. Most of you are good people. Please keep the faith.

Regards,
Jonathan

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gusti
Legendary

Activity: 1099
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 05:41:14 AM

Sometimes it take a while for the truth to come to light so please excuse me for resurrecting this old thread.

Because I have a good relationship with Western Union, the loss prevention officer I have been dealing with let me know what a good job I have been doing in stopping the fraud that carders attempt online with stolen numbers. Unlike many exchangers who accept WU, I can always do so using my own real name (or my partner Demitri) and do not have to hire strippers or crackheads to pick up the money for me.

The OP, the guy who started this thread was doing just that. He was attempting to defraud WU by cashing out a stolen credit card through my exchange service. My old and tested fraud prevention policy stymied him. He authored this bullshit thread in retalliation.

There was no possible way for him to set the Q&A as I stipulate in my instructions. He was lying when he said he did so because it's not possibile to do so when making an online payment.

I hope that readers of this thread get a glimps into how difficult it is to operate a service to exchange people in and out of digital currency.

It's housecleaning time. All the rats and roaches will scurry into the dark soon. Come October 1 all of you anonymous pedophiles, criminals and drug dealers will have to either follow 'know your customer' (FinCEN) rules within the US if you want to send or receive Bitcoins through an exchange intermediary. It's about to go this way.. There will be two types of exchanges for Bitcoins and other stored value electronic serial numbers / certificates:

1) legitimate, soft-bank / paypal light services and 2) underground, tax avoiding and criminal / scam services

This chapter of Bitcoin is coming to an end. The strong, moral and just will write the next one.

Regards,
Jonathan

the strong, moral and justs are already running the regulated banking system ... oh, wait ...  Grin

If you don't own the private keys, you don't own the coins.
nanaimogold

Activity: 661
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 07:16:02 AM

There are no exchangers in the USA, they were robbed, chased out or imprisoned ~ 5 yrs ago. (April 27, 2007)

Bitcoin is a Russian and Canadian thing primarily. The only aspect where US Americans are prominent is jabbering nonsense on this forum. You know, seeking authority and begging permission while proclaiming to be anarchist while calling the police and trying to secure copyrights. Trying to collectivise and centralise what was designed to be the antithesis of authority. There is even a thread about electing a new leader to replace Bruce. Nonsense galore.

Bitcoin is for privacy. The real business is conducted without any mention in public. The gay-mers blathering here are just playing the speculation. By what they say I have concluded that most of them don't have a clue. They seem to think that gambling on Mt. Gox prices _is_ the business.

As for authority imposing it's rules on us, just say no. After all, without your assent, they don't have a contract. You have a God given right to trade your own property or make contracts as you see fit. It can't be unlawful if there is no crime. Don't contract with a corrupt regime. State your intention to dismiss them. Make that intention public. If they try to make a case against you, the first thing they have to prove is your agreement. Mike Gogulski, who posts to this forum, is an expert on the subject.

Best advice, don't open shop in the USA. There is a reason that Trade Hill is in Chile, Mt. Gox Japan, Goldnow, Austrailia, AurumXpress and Nanaimo Gold in Canada.

Sadly, land of the free and home of the brave has become a nation of cowardly brainwashed slaves. If you want free and brave, try Russia.

hamburger

Activity: 241
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2011, 04:28:05 PM

There are no exchangers in the USA, they were robbed, chased out or imprisoned ~ 5 yrs ago. (April 27, 2007)

Bitcoin is a Russian and Canadian thing primarily. The only aspect where US Americans are prominent is jabbering nonsense on this forum. You know, seeking authority and begging permission while proclaiming to be anarchist while calling the police and trying to secure copyrights. Trying to collectivise and centralise what was designed to be the antithesis of authority. There is even a thread about electing a new leader to replace Bruce. Nonsense galore.

Bitcoin is for privacy. The real business is conducted without any mention in public. The gay-mers blathering here are just playing the speculation. By what they say I have concluded that most of them don't have a clue. They seem to think that gambling on Mt. Gox prices _is_ the business.

As for authority imposing it's rules on us, just say no. After all, without your assent, they don't have a contract. You have a God given right to trade your own property or make contracts as you see fit. It can't be unlawful if there is no crime. Don't contract with a corrupt regime. State your intention to dismiss them. Make that intention public. If they try to make a case against you, the first thing they have to prove is your agreement. Mike Gogulski, who posts to this forum, is an expert on the subject.

Best advice, don't open shop in the USA. There is a reason that Trade Hill is in Chile, Mt. Gox Japan, Goldnow, Austrailia, AurumXpress and Nanaimo Gold in Canada.

Sadly, land of the free and home of the brave has become a nation of cowardly brainwashed slaves. If you want free and brave, try Russia.

Well Said!

Datacoin : DHZ6H91fsDoBHbdqED3ysCJJ2TUh3zRMZD
Krugercoin : Yz3A9sTMp2yh5QLuAL8YQyvS5PdjHRHkkf
indio007

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 08:29:23 AM

Damn after skimming through this thread I found several instances in which nanaimogold demands his customers misrepresent and straight up lie about the nature of the transaction. What kind of fraud are you pulling here?

meme re:Phone credits?
Claim it's a personal debt between friends?
Make the MO out to Demitri?

Thats what I found merely skimming.

It appears my first impression of Nanaimo was spot on. Self-interested phony.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 09:17:18 AM

Come October 1 [...] follow 'know your customer' (FinCEN) rules within the US, if you want to purchase or sell Bitcoins through an exchange intermediary

Care to share specifically what the significance of October 1st is?  There are a lot of banking changes on 10/1 due to Durbin related regulation but I'ld like to know what KYC changes you believe will occur on 10/1 as well.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

nanaimogold

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 02:36:41 PM

Damn after skimming through this thread I found several instances in which nanaimogold demands his customers misrepresent and straight up lie about the nature of the transaction. What kind of fraud are you pulling here?

meme re:Phone credits?
Claim it's a personal debt between friends?
Make the MO out to Demitri?

Thats what I found merely skimming.

It appears my first impression of Nanaimo was spot on. Self-interested phony.

If The sender has to put some instructed text onto the money order, he is not as likely to be fooled by a scammer selling a Russian girlfriend or a mail order puppy from Cameroon. It does not matter what it is that I instruct to be written in the memo feild, as long as it lines up with my order record. It's simply fraud prevention, to keep an immoral liar from using my service to facilitate stealing. Since the memo field is for my use and no one elses, how can anything I instruct to be put in there be a "misrepresentation"?

As you might become aware, the banks will not allow a digital currency exchanger to hold an account, The banks consider private money to be a threat to their illusion of monopoly in money creation. Ask Mt. Gox about their commercial bank account problems. The holder of a  personal account has the rights of a human being that a corporation does not.

Demetri is my business associate. How is that a problem for you. You hate people who have Russian names?

You are grasping at straws, trying you best to show there is something wrong with what I do. The truth is I have more experience and better systems in place than almost anyone else. You, on the other hand, have a narrow and incomplete perspective of what is going on here.

The immoral know no boundries.

BitMaestro

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 09:31:10 PM

I know its an old thread, but I'd like to say that I just tried Nanaimo Gold for the first time and was impressed with their professionalism, excellent exchange rate and quick reliable services. Long life Nanaimo Gold!  Cheesy
jgif

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 03:31:32 AM

I registered on this site just to warn others to not be as stupid trusting as I was... and not to send cash to this exchanger... it didn't make it to my PM account after over a week. The funds were mailed out on a Monday and I am one town away... about an hour... so it would have arrived in a day or two and very unlikely to have been lost... of course I should have registered the letter in hindsight... but it may not have made a difference anyways.
AtomicDoge

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:15:17 PM

Nanaimo was a dick when he used to post on the forum. Any complaint about his service was dealt with in arguments more than anything. I can't cite or even remember specifics, but some forum searching should be easy. During the mybitcoin hack, he was also believed by myself and others to be involved with the user Madhatter, who was believed to be involved in the hack or behind the scenes of the site. Again, I can't cite specifics, I never went through any investigation and don't much care to, but there were a lot of similarities in the bunch. Take what I say with a grain of salt, but from Nanaimos personality alone I would steer clear.
TrueAccess

Activity: 38

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:40:22 PM

For sure I haven't heard about them before, even though they try to act as if they are well known.

For sure I prefer other people to try new stuff and just be another, plain copycat Tongue
nanaimogold

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 10:16:08 AM

For all the multitude of possible reasons for mail to be late, from nearsighted posties to stamps falling off, and a hundred other possible reasons, you can only conclude that I am delaying this myself?

I think there are many much more plausible reasons for this. Yours is the only complaint of late mail. Perhaps the fault lies with fhe sender?

And you scream graft after only a week?

You don't have much experience with the post office I surmise.

How is it that newbies are posting to tbis thread? Policy changed to suit those who need to change thier identities?

I'll bet that new persona calling me a dick will resist my challenge to read this whole thread. The underlying complaint is that I thwarted a credit card fraud. For stopping crime I'm a dick?

For every one so quick to call fault, there are a thousand quietly enjoying the stealth of private currency. For every loudmouth angry at me for outing the diddler who perverted mybitcoin, there are legions of those thankful that someone would stand against those with such a dirty agenda.

Nanaimo Gold is likely now the longest standing digital currency exchange service on the planet and by far the first to trade in bitcoin. Psople who use the service mostly appreciate my tough mind, wiley staff and our and refusal of political correctness.

greenteanosugar

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:55:18 PM

Nanaimo Gold has continued to function for so many years... I'm suprised!
PhoenixTethered

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 01:37:09 AM

To necro such an old thread isn't in my usual etiquette, but in this case it feels warranted, and he might actually reply here again. Shane will respond to any message you send almost instantly...BEFORE he gets your payment. I made an arrangement for $160 worth of bitcoin and wasn't able to complete it until a few days later. I sent Shane a message asking if our agreement was still good. He recalculated the exchange rate and sent a message saying that the new rate worked in my favor and that we could still do business. There was constant contact as soon as I sent a message, until I sent the information for picking up the money. After that, all of my emails to Shane became blocked ("delayed", according to the automated messages my email service sent back). Emails I sent from another email address have all been ignored. It's only been a day, but when checking the status of the transfer, it says that it has been picked up. I have not received my bitcoin, and now his website has gone from having bitcoin available to showing zero. I was ready to do quite a bit more business with Nanaimo Gold, but since this type of incident is apparently quite common, I will not use his service again.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: