Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 12:46:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [277] 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 ... 1241 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★[ANN] [NAV] NAV COIN - Community Fund Live!!!  (Read 2085733 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bspus
Legendary

Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 03:59:55 PM

Hello Everyone!
Remember about Proof of Honor Voting!
Here it is:
http://www.coinssource.com/vote/
Thank You all for support and votes on soopy452000! Wink
Cheers

Snoopy  Huh
Seriously ?

chemal

Activity: 621
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 07:37:58 PM

Bittrex is alive now!happy buying guys!

Ps ughh... I lost five positions in the richlist..
shahim
Legendary

Activity: 1082

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 07:43:28 PM

Bittrex is alive now!happy buying guys!

Ps ughh... I lost five positions in the richlist..

people are aware about what is coming!

don't drive it to high. I also need some Smiley
SUM2dev (OP)

Activity: 356
Merit: 251

Official account of NAV Development Team

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 07:44:24 PM

Bittrex have updated their wallet and the market is back online.
Happy trading! Wink

https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-NAV

Stay tuned!
Cheers

Official account of NAV Coin [NAV] Development TeamVisit the Thread!
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 09:18:24 PM

So any new features or ideas coming navajocoin way soon? I just wanna see what the community and the Devs have been up to Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

cryptouser

Activity: 247
Merit: 100

O__o

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 11:32:59 PM

Amazing! Package Smiley only 2 words needed

50000 SATS here we come!. They tried to time bomb us , they tried to double spend us , they have tried everything and NAVAJOCOIN is still here. They will never knock us down!

WE ARE THE NAVJOCOIN & WE ARE BACK BABY!

NAVAJOCOIN  straight to number 1

Man I admire your optimism, but please stop that cheerleading you're doing for a really long time . So far we didn't see anything but a few wallet fixes (aka "improvements") and actually nothing useful .

So nobody's going ANYWHERE near the moon until a real value is added to this coin ...

I really hope to see that day, but until then just please stop it's really annoying .

cheers

hashforce101
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 12:07:52 AM

Amazing! Package Smiley only 2 words needed

50000 SATS here we come!. They tried to time bomb us , they tried to double spend us , they have tried everything and NAVAJOCOIN is still here. They will never knock us down!

WE ARE THE NAVJOCOIN & WE ARE BACK BABY!

NAVAJOCOIN  straight to number 1

Man I admire your optimism, but please stop that cheerleading you're doing for a really long time . So far we didn't see anything but a few wallet fixes (aka "improvements") and actually nothing useful .

So nobody's going ANYWHERE near the moon until a real value is added to this coin ...

I really hope to see that day, but until then just please stop it's really annoying .

cheers

Thanks for your comment as yes i'm very optimistic. + plus I am an investor so when I seen packages comment and also my wallet was fully sunced I got abit excited  Smiley. I do have alot of energy from birth after 13.7 billions years of my ancestors evolving from a single cell. All the cells rapid fire all the time. So frankly I just cant help it.

Also when you go to a big game . I check out the cheerleaders. If they look sad I gather the team is not doing well.

I think this team is doing very well! Yours and My Patience will pay off. The thing is there cant be a 99% release of ANON . Its needs to be 100%. So this can be irrating for all and also looks like nothing really big is happening. Im still here , and as you said it has been a long time.

Cant say ill stop - dont think I could to be honest

Put me on ignore be your best action I think and I dont mind Wink
hashforce101
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 12:35:28 AM

Hi Everyone,

I just want to keep you up to date with what I've been working on for the wallet in case you haven't been following my github account.

The biggest issue identified from the beta testing of the chat client was that any user could login with any username. Meaning, that if someone logged on with the username "pakage" they could pretend to be me, and I wouldn't be able to login until they logged out. This is obviously not ideal.

So I have devised a system where you can register your username to one of your wallet addresses to reserve your username so no one else can log in with it.

When your wallet address gets stored against your username, the wallet address is MD5 encrypted with some secret methods, making it impossible to decrypt. This is known as one way encryption and is a very safe form of data storage. From the stored data, no one will be able to say which wallet is owned by which user, so you won't lose your anonymity by using this new feature.

You will have the option to attach an email address to your username, for recovery purposes but it is optional. If you lose or accidentally delete the wallet address that the username was linked to, you can recover your username to a new wallet address by receiving a recovery email to the registered address. The email address is NOT one way encrypted because I need to be able to read it so i can send email to it. Using this recovery feature will lose you some anonymity depending on how traceable your email address is i suppose. That's why its optional.

There's also an option to transfer your username to a new address provided you are the verified owner of the username. So if you want to register a new address and delete the old one, you don't have to pick a new username.

Alternatively, if you want to use the chat without registering, there's also an "anonymous login" option. For anonymous login you can just type any username that isn't already reserved and join the chat immediately. This option is great if you don't care about reserving your name, or you want to troll box the chat lol.

Additionally, I have encrypted all communication running through the chat server. Meaning that if someone attempted to look at the data travelling to the chat server, it is no longer in plain text and would need to be decrypted to be read. This further protects your anonymity and privacy.

As well as these new features, I have also fixed all the other outstanding bugs to do with the chat system.

Hopefully we will have this and a couple other cool updates finished and ready for you guys very soon.

I just thought you guys might appreciate a progress report.

Trust me, its cooler than it sounds when you see it all in action Smiley

Cheers,
Pakage.
cryptouser

Activity: 247
Merit: 100

O__o

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 09:09:41 AM

Hi Everyone,

I just want to keep you up to date with what I've been working on for the wallet in case you haven't been following my github account.

The biggest issue identified from the beta testing of the chat client was that any user could login with any username. Meaning, that if someone logged on with the username "pakage" they could pretend to be me, and I wouldn't be able to login until they logged out. This is obviously not ideal.

So I have devised a system where you can register your username to one of your wallet addresses to reserve your username so no one else can log in with it.

When your wallet address gets stored against your username, the wallet address is MD5 encrypted with some secret methods, making it impossible to decrypt. This is known as one way encryption and is a very safe form of data storage. From the stored data, no one will be able to say which wallet is owned by which user, so you won't lose your anonymity by using this new feature.

You will have the option to attach an email address to your username, for recovery purposes but it is optional. If you lose or accidentally delete the wallet address that the username was linked to, you can recover your username to a new wallet address by receiving a recovery email to the registered address. The email address is NOT one way encrypted because I need to be able to read it so i can send email to it. Using this recovery feature will lose you some anonymity depending on how traceable your email address is i suppose. That's why its optional.

There's also an option to transfer your username to a new address provided you are the verified owner of the username. So if you want to register a new address and delete the old one, you don't have to pick a new username.

Alternatively, if you want to use the chat without registering, there's also an "anonymous login" option. For anonymous login you can just type any username that isn't already reserved and join the chat immediately. This option is great if you don't care about reserving your name, or you want to troll box the chat lol.

Additionally, I have encrypted all communication running through the chat server. Meaning that if someone attempted to look at the data travelling to the chat server, it is no longer in plain text and would need to be decrypted to be read. This further protects your anonymity and privacy.

As well as these new features, I have also fixed all the other outstanding bugs to do with the chat system.

Hopefully we will have this and a couple other cool updates finished and ready for you guys very soon.

I just thought you guys might appreciate a progress report.

Trust me, its cooler than it sounds when you see it all in action Smiley

Cheers,
Pakage.

and here we go again .....  Grin
pakage

Activity: 794
Merit: 510

NavCoin Founder

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 09:42:40 AM

Just as a side note, I will actually be changing the hashing method from MD5 to something stronger like SHA256 before we release this feature to further protect your wallet addresses.

I've been doing some reading and it seems that due to the efficiency of the MD5 hashing algorithm it is possible to brute force decrypt hashed values if you have a decent amount of hardware and a large amount of time.

SHA256 is more complicated and takes longer to execute which makes the time involved in generating the number of outputs required for a brute force attack much longer and virtually unachievable by most systems.

I'm not sure if anyone know's what I'm talking about, or much cares, but I thought i would point this out.

Cheers!

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

NAV COIN ANONYMOUS SUBCHAIN TRANSACTIONS ▪ NAVCOIN.ORG BITCOINTALK.ORG
paycum

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 02:41:45 PM

thx package, and yes i do know what you are talking about Smiley same is used for website related encryptiojd which i use sometimes.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
hashforce101
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 01:37:32 AM

Hello Everyone!
Remember about Proof of Honor Voting!
Here it is:
http://www.coinssource.com/vote/
Thank You all for support and votes on soopy452000! Wink
Cheers

We have until the 28th December . I'm saving my vote for when next big news comes or release . So it will have more impact . Thats my theory anyway  Smiley

Remy_5

Activity: 1194
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 01:47:22 AM

I built my database from 0 and is now fully synced  Cheesy . It took a few hrs (overnight) but well worth the wait which included a reboot at around block 28XXXXX. The opened the wallet again and sync continued.

Few hours? On my experience, You are a very lucky man. Smiley)

What are future ideas that can help reduce this sync time. In the future as the database is growing larger and larger

Yes, you are right, the database can only grow, IMHO this is a common
problem with all the cryptocoins in general.

Recently I not followed the new coins, so I don't know there is any
new way or idea to shrink the blockchain database, but I think
it would require a complete redesign of the structure of the cryptocoin
itself.

In some operating systems, you can automatically compress a directory or just some files,
it might seem a simple solution, but in this case IMHO I do not think it's a good idea
because the database files have continuous access, and this continuous de \ compress
the data files may slow down the system too.

To reduce sync time, Shahim proposed an idea of storing on the site a set of
small blockchain datafile, to be loaded by the wallet in case of necessity.

This idea can help, but it don't change the ever growing way of work of wallet.

also I have a few questions please

database - Holds blockchain - can this be zipped and shared

Ehmmm... no. It is used by internal database, but it is not the database.
Its contents change at every installation, and don't grow much.
No need to share.

txleveldb                          - whats this folder do

Used in some way for the transanction's database and index,
grow with use.

blk0001.dat                       - whats this dat do

This is THE blockchain database, it grow with every block, with time it grow, grow a lot.

.lock                                - whats this folder do
db.log                              - whats this log do

It avoid multiple istances of wallet, and db.log store the log in case of internal
database problem, usually they don't grow.

debug.log                          -whats this log do

Keep a trace of many wallet's internal activity, and grow a lot, especially in case
of error. If you dig enough is the only way to hypothesize the reason of errors.
If it become too big, usually, it is auto-cutted during the wallet restart.

libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll              -whats this dll do
libstdc++-6.dll                   -whats this dll do
libwinpthread-1.dll              -whats this dll do

Dynamic-Link Library, some set of common or standard routine and API for\from GCC, C++,
and Thread used by the PC Win program, in this case the wallet.

peers.dat                          -whats this dat do

This file store a sort of ip:port phonebook, with the list of other wallets (peer),
those peers form the coin network.
This file is regenerated and continuously updated by wallet, and the element
in list are tested and exchanged between peers, to keep the network working and alive. 

summercoinv2.conf            -what is the best conf

Good question.  The wallet can work even without a conf file, using hard coded value.
In it you can also set some start commandline parameters.
NOTE: The rpcuser and rpcpassword must never be show to other or shared.

I'm sorry to have given some answers in a hasty or superficial manner, it's late night.

Bye Bye

Remy_5

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 01:57:59 AM

The email address is NOT one way encrypted because I need to be able to read it so i can send email to it. Using this recovery feature will lose you some anonymity depending on how traceable your email address is i suppose. That's why its optional.

Grin Grin Grin
hashforce101
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 03:53:23 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2014, 08:11:09 AM by hashforce101

@ Remy_5 - thanks my friend for takeing the time to answer my questions  Cheesy

Thanks for making me a little wiser.

Yeah sync was overnight so taken about 9 hrs

regarding summercoinv2.conf file mine is the default one and contains the default rpcuser , rpcpassword.

should  we change this? as I have not and its what ever came with the download wallet file.

Last question what is RPC  Smiley

Thanks again Remy_5 for all your efforts

Who is running their NavajoCoin Wallet in the most power efficient way .

I'm running the Windows wallet on a beast of a power hungry machine

1xSSD
4XHarddrives
Asus Crosshair Formula V
8 core AMD Bulldozer
Patriot 24 GB RAM
Cooler Master GX750 w
Gigabyte 9750 GPU

I wanna go way low, how low can I go  Smiley
shahim
Legendary

Activity: 1082

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 08:40:23 AM

@ Remy_5 - thanks my friend for takeing the time to answer my questions  Cheesy

Thanks for making me a little wiser.

Yeah sync was overnight so taken about 9 hrs

regarding summercoinv2.conf file mine is the default one and contains the default rpcuser , rpcpassword.

should  we change this? as I have not and its what ever came with the download wallet file.

Thanks again Remy_5 for all your efforts

I'm running the Windows wallet on a beast of a power hungry machine

1xSSD
4XHarddrives
Asus Crosshair Formula V
8 core AMD Bulldozer
Patriot 24 GB RAM
Cooler Master GX750 w
Gigabyte 9750 GPU

you can low to Rasberry PI Smiley

I have it on windows 7 pro 2GB RAM and 120GB HDD. It needs some time to start and does not sync in 9 hours, but it is ok Smiley and not power consumtping like your beast there! ;-)
Remy_5

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 08:53:03 AM

The remote procedure call (RPC), give a interface to external program (or remote
computer) to interact with the your wallet, to give at it commands and get
from it some responses.

Normally the user of the GUI Wallet, don't need to use it explicitly, can more
simply use the debug\console windows without the need of other permanent
settings.

But in a more complex scenario, like nogui Linux wallet demon, or solo mining,
or other integrated service (IE payment platform, block explorer etc) , then
 in this case you must use the RPC, and You must give to the wallet a set of
secret setting like RPC User\Password\Port\AllowIp for autorize the incoming
connection only to you, and your programs.

Otherwise, if you don't have previously locked the wallet,  an external user could
give at your wallet some nasty command, like transfer away all your funds.

So if you don't use RPC, don't worry, but if you must use it, then use long
user\passoword and keep it secret.

Regarding the power waste, I think the Raspberry Pi (a lilliputian micro sistem)
plus a external usb memory card \ hd, can be a valid solution, but i don't have
any direct experience.

Here someone else can give more information than me. Smiley

Bye Bye

svider

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 10:42:37 AM

The remote procedure call (RPC), give a interface to external program (or remote
computer) to interact with the your wallet, to give at it commands and get
from it some responses.

Normally the user of the GUI Wallet, don't need to use it explicitly, can more
simply use the debug\console windows without the need of other permanent
settings.

But in a more complex scenario, like nogui Linux wallet demon, or solo mining,
or other integrated service (IE payment platform, block explorer etc) , then
 in this case you must use the RPC, and You must give to the wallet a set of
secret setting like RPC User\Password\Port\AllowIp for autorize the incoming
connection only to you, and your programs.

Otherwise, if you don't have previously locked the wallet,  an external user could
give at your wallet some nasty command, like transfer away all your funds.

So if you don't use RPC, don't worry, but if you must use it, then use long
user\passoword and keep it secret.

Regarding the power waste, I think the Raspberry Pi (a lilliputian micro sistem)
any direct experience.

Bye Bye

I run my wallet on raspberry pi (v2) and everything work fine Smiley This solution give you low power consuption. I manage my wallet by remote desktop connection to raspberry pi. If you choose this solution you must remember to use very fast sd card (class 10) with min. 8GB size. Also U must have basic knowlegde about linux (debian) operating system.
Remy_5

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 12:27:59 PM

you can low to Rasberry PI Smiley

I have it on windows 7 pro 2GB RAM and 120GB HDD. It needs some time to start and does not sync in 9 hours, but it is ok Smiley and not power consumtping like your beast there! ;-)

Basically you place an elephant on a matchbox.
Do any of you know if there is an organization that fights the badness against microprocessors?

Grin Grin Grin

I never thought that Win 7 could also run on Raspberry.

Remy_5

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 12:32:32 PM

any direct experience.

I run my wallet on raspberry pi (v2) and everything work fine Smiley This solution give you low power consuption. I manage my wallet by remote desktop connection to raspberry pi. If you choose this solution you must remember to use very fast sd card (class 10) with min. 8GB size. Also U must have basic knowlegde about linux (debian) operating system.

Roughly speaking, in order to compare, how many watts it consumes?
And there would be enough resources for wallet of other currencies?

Bye Bye
Pages: « 1 ... 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [277] 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 ... 1241 »
  Print  

Jump to: