Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:59:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you sometimes wish internet was never invented? Wouldn't your life be better?  (Read 3680 times)
knightcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 08:38:38 PM

if you undertaing postal code u got about everything about "addressING and coordinate";

but

we are chalingeing (at asic level) who is the fast est" = F

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 09:14:20 PM

I spend on average 12-14 hrs online 7 days a week. If there were no internet I'd be playing/walking/daydreaming in the woods all day long  Cheesy
I love the internet and everything but I wouldn't miss it at all if it were to suddenly disappear  Wink

You wouldn't miss it even if you spent 12-14hours online everyday 7days a week?

Have noticed you miss some real social connections when you spend too much time online and connections face to face should be prioritized
Most people don't notice it but we are actually almost all affected by this. Socialization is slowing vaporizing.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
knightcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 09:40:35 PM

as Mirter Urs Hoelzle says ..

" it all losted at low level"

lol

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
boumalo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 12:26:50 PM

I spend on average 12-14 hrs online 7 days a week. If there were no internet I'd be playing/walking/daydreaming in the woods all day long  Cheesy
I love the internet and everything but I wouldn't miss it at all if it were to suddenly disappear  Wink

Have noticed you miss some real social connections when you spend too much time online and connections face to face should be prioritized
Most people don't notice it but we are actually almost all affected by this. Socialization is slowing vaporizing.

Social skills are going down and people spend way too much time connected, it has been proved that it could be a source of depression

Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 12:56:07 PM

i would have not got involved in hallucinogenic drugs, and fucked up my life.

i am here.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 01:00:25 PM

You got involved in that because of the internet?

A downside is that I wouldn't be able to watch Tomorrowland live right now.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 01:03:48 PM

yeah because i'm no good at meeting friends

i am here.
asimoshe

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 01:22:15 PM

our life would be amazing and pure without the internet - "see through pink eyes"
CoinsCoinsEverywhere

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:21:29 PM

Social skills are going down and people spend way too much time connected, it has been proved that it could be a source of depression
Just about everywhere I go, I see people on their smartphones...on the bus, walking down the street....  A couple weeks ago, I saw someone sitting on their front porch in the middle of a beautiful day, just staring at their smartphone.  It's so sad--people miss so much beauty because they're buried in their phone.
boumalo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 10:54:35 AM

yeah because i'm no good at meeting friends

Learn to get better, put yourself in the situations you don't like and you will get confortable in these situations soon enough

Just about everywhere I go, I see people on their smartphones...on the bus, walking down the street....  A couple weeks ago, I saw someone sitting on their front porch in the middle of a beautiful day, just staring at their smartphone.  It's so sad--people miss so much beauty because they're buried in their phone.

People do miss out because of staring at their phones, suggest shutting down your phone when you are with friends, people highly appreciate it

CoinsCoinsEverywhere

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 02:55:48 PM

I spend on average 12-14 hrs online 7 days a week. If there were no internet I'd be playing/walking/daydreaming in the woods all day long  Cheesy
I love the internet and everything but I wouldn't miss it at all if it were to suddenly disappear  Wink

Just about everywhere I go, I see people on their smartphones...on the bus, walking down the street....  A couple weeks ago, I saw someone sitting on their front porch in the middle of a beautiful day, just staring at their smartphone.  It's so sad--people miss so much beauty because they're buried in their phone.

People do miss out because of staring at their phones, suggest shutting down your phone when you are with friends, people highly appreciate it
When I was in college and everyone used AIM, my roommate and I sometimes joked about sending each other messages across the room.  Now I see people texting each other across a table at a restaurant...really sad.
Malin Keshar

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 03:18:43 PM

Thanks to internet I'm paid to write and train my English. Without it, my English knowledge would be less than 25% of the current one.

Also I would never be able to study many things I study now, because they are kinda of blocked by my imediate social median, so my life would be dull and black and I probably would consider suicide everyday.

I personally love internet and would happly be the personal slave of whoever makes it comes true for 10 years in gratitude.
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 03:22:17 PM

Maybe some of them are just using their time on the bus doing something intelligent. Reading the news, a book, listening to TED talks, doing something creative. I don't see how this is worse than looking into the empty eyes of people on a commuter train. I've been there!

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
boumalo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 03:31:06 PM

Maybe some of them are just using their time on the bus doing something intelligent. Reading the news, a book, listening to TED talks, doing something creative. I don't see how this is worse than looking into the empty eyes of people on a commuter train. I've been there!

Most people looking at screens on trains are not doing something intelligence thus are not in the process of better themselves but if you are, it doesn't matter than it is a screen
Meditation and thinking on the train can be very empowering and beneficial, not all thoughts are empty

Meowington

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:19:37 PM

The internet really made my life better though. I meet new friends and learnt more what i have learnt from school, so i really love the internet. <3
CoinsCoinsEverywhere

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:27:40 PM

That's a good point.  I'm sure some of them are using their phone in constructive ways (which includes relaxation).  I'm just thinking of things like missing a beautiful sunset (even from a bus window) because you're buried in your phone.  But, I guess, some people don't care about such things anyway.
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 05:24:53 PM

That's a good point.  I'm sure some of them are using their phone in constructive ways (which includes relaxation).  I'm just thinking of things like missing a beautiful sunset (even from a bus window) because you're buried in your phone.  But, I guess, some people don't care about such things anyway.

Yeah, I'm in no way claiming that the majority or even a large portion of people is actually doing something useful, but yeah I guess most of the times just pondering about life and take a look outside is better than what those people are actually doing Sad

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
ChiliPowder

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:09:15 PM

No, maybe it would be cool to see life without the internet but the minute you have to fix, find, or do something you have never doen and cant google it, it would suck. Just imagine fixing you car and having to use an old manual from autozone instead of watching a youtube video. You can literally ask anything on a specialized forum and get the answer within 10-20 minutes if google cant. Are some people slaves to the internet? Sure but its up to them to change that.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:25:06 PM

No really.
I think Internet really help us in numerous ways, communication, doing business, sharing news almost instant.
Of course, it's not good to depend to much on Internet or spend to much time, specially for kids.
We should also develop our social life outside of virtual world, meet and talk with the real people Smiley

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
wasserman99

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:47:48 PM

No really.
I think Internet really help us in numerous ways, communication, doing business, sharing news almost instant.
Of course, it's not good to depend to much on Internet or spend to much time, specially for kids.
We should also develop our social life outside of virtual world, meet and talk with the real people Smiley

Indeed, I think many have lost sight of these important things. I'm all for innovation, the faster spread of information and knowledge. However, I am not in favor of people staring at screens 16 hours a day. Where I used to see people socializing and having fun, they are often just staring at their phones (even when they are out with other people). And I do worry about kids, with addiction to this sort of thing, and with instant gratification. I wonder if kids will grow up to be very socially awkward, having given up much of traditional socialization in favor of the pseudo-socialization offered by the internet.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: