Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:50:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you sometimes wish internet was never invented? Wouldn't your life be better?  (Read 3680 times)
cech4204a

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

12CDKyxPyL5Rj28ed2yz5czJf3Dr2ZvEYw

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 06:50:19 PM

I think it was beneficial for humans that we have internet. For me it is very beneficial, many jobs created, many things simplified and here is bitcoin and forums overall. I get many info from it, we can also monitor what is going on around the world, we can comunicate for free all over the world for free, that is the thing which is worth it. But i also agree that internet caused some problems also, like maybe some criminals use it to get victims, to trade drugs, to do illegal stuff.

Bitcoin is DEAD
rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 08:32:30 PM

Internet is one of the best thing that happened in out times. although there is also dark side of it, totally depends on you.
 Look how convenient it made our lives Instant Mails, Instant News, Instant Videos anytime anywhere, Communication , Employment, Innovation.
 One things that haunts me about internet is Kids not taking their eyes off smartphone screens,  uploading most awkward stuff that one can imagine, and missing all the actual fun they can have outside of the virtual world . Internet is  that convenient that one can blame it for making people lazy.

CoinsCoinsEverywhere

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 08:08:37 PM

Internet is one of the best thing that happened in out times. although there is also dark side of it, totally depends on you.
 Look how convenient it made our lives Instant Mails, Instant News, Instant Videos anytime anywhere, Communication , Employment, Innovation.
 One things that haunts me about internet is Kids not taking their eyes off smartphone screens,  uploading most awkward stuff that one can imagine, and missing all the actual fun they can have outside of the virtual world . Internet is  that convenient that one can blame it for making people lazy.
Yes, it is particularly worrisome for kids.  But that's mostly on parents.  It's up to parents to make sure that their kids grow up as well-rounded individuals, which may require limiting their internet time.
thriftshopping

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 08:57:00 PM

The internet has allowed globalization to expand and become a bigger part of the global economy.
boumalo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 12:02:43 PM

The internet has allowed globalization to expand and become a bigger part of the global economy.

It allows the circulation of information very easily so if you want you can get the truth but most people don't look for the truth and internet allows massive surveillance

Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:12:19 PM

From the business and communication side of story I don't think that our life could be better without Internet.
but, it's true that in Internet age people don't spend so much time together, kids doesn't play together outside like their parents, virtual life replace real life in some way...

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Essex343

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 07:20:49 AM

but, it's true that in Internet age people don't spend so much time together, kids doesn't play together outside like their parents, virtual life replace real life in some way...

Yep, pretty depressing. I'm addicted to the internet/computers/phone like most people I see around me. I'd like that to change. I'm trying hard not to let it bog down my social life/exercise/outdoor activities as it has the past couple years.

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 07:50:50 AM

If there were no Internet, I'd be working in a factory and eating really shitty food. I'd have no means to acquire the tools to create much unless I drove to a city, except for general house-maintenance tools. I'd have basically no access to culture outside television programming. I would have enormous additional expenses from not being able to replace services with Internet access, including television and landline service. I'd be in the dark on anything legal, needing a lawyer constantly to understand basic stuff, along with a CPA to file taxes.

Moreover, without Internet access, I'd likely have no exposure to major ideas which've been spread. I would never have read Voltaire or Nietzsche because I never would've even heard of them. OTOH, I may have blissful ignorance. Heidegger and Nietzsche have both pushed me to be more ambitious, but they've also taken the fun out of a good bit of life.

Without the Internet, industrial and agricultural innovations would still lag far behind, with rural areas most likely to be destitute (which may mean even higher population density in cities). Since global companies likely would have no contact with many of the smaller American industries they've lately been buying up on their failure, there may also be a much weaker manufacturing base in the US, with rampant unemployment. I never would've found property so cheap, and wages likely would've never normalized like they have, so working in a factory (if it existed), I'd likely be making a relatively poor wage (while what we now call developing nations would likely be stagnant or contracting, with rampant disease and true exploitation of the workforce). Due to heightened inefficiencies, taxes would also be significantly higher with fewer social programs. Due to increased difficulty in being able to earn a living and reduced effectiveness of LEOs, crime rates would likely be significantly higher. An inability of civilians to effectively communicate would likely result in many more draconian laws, and a relatively crippled ability for civilians to respond, with lobbying groups truly dictating the law.

That's just touching on the tip of the iceberg.
Habeler876

Activity: 624

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 09:56:13 AM

If there were no Internet, I'd be working in a factory and eating really shitty food. I'd have no means to acquire the tools to create much unless I drove to a city, except for general house-maintenance tools. I'd have basically no access to culture outside television programming. I would have enormous additional expenses from not being able to replace services with Internet access, including television and landline service. I'd be in the dark on anything legal, needing a lawyer constantly to understand basic stuff, along with a CPA to file taxes.

Moreover, without Internet access, I'd likely have no exposure to major ideas which've been spread. I would never have read Voltaire or Nietzsche because I never would've even heard of them. OTOH, I may have blissful ignorance. Heidegger and Nietzsche have both pushed me to be more ambitious, but they've also taken the fun out of a good bit of life.

Without the Internet, industrial and agricultural innovations would still lag far behind, with rural areas most likely to be destitute (which may mean even higher population density in cities). Since global companies likely would have no contact with many of the smaller American industries they've lately been buying up on their failure, there may also be a much weaker manufacturing base in the US, with rampant unemployment. I never would've found property so cheap, and wages likely would've never normalized like they have, so working in a factory (if it existed), I'd likely be making a relatively poor wage (while what we now call developing nations would likely be stagnant or contracting, with rampant disease and true exploitation of the workforce). Due to heightened inefficiencies, taxes would also be significantly higher with fewer social programs. Due to increased difficulty in being able to earn a living and reduced effectiveness of LEOs, crime rates would likely be significantly higher. An inability of civilians to effectively communicate would likely result in many more draconian laws, and a relatively crippled ability for civilians to respond, with lobbying groups truly dictating the law.

That's just touching on the tip of the iceberg.

Fair enough. How do you feel about the subjects touched on by many here -- the problems of internet addiction (especially for children), lack of social interaction and physical activity -- this type of thing?

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 10:06:38 AM

Fair enough. How do you feel about the subjects touched on by many here -- the problems of internet addiction (especially for children), lack of social interaction and physical activity -- this type of thing?
I don't really have an opinion on it. To me, it's the same as gambling, alcohol, and other vices. The solution is never to take it away, but there is a critical difference with what the OP actually asks, because we never talk about actually taking something away - we talk about governments banning it, which is usually has the opposite effect of what's desired.

-But no, I think the positives far outweigh the potential for addiction and some of the less preferable societal changes it's brought - maybe not for everyone, but there are plenty of luddite societies willing to provide an environment where the Internet effectively doesn't exist, though that usually comes with plenty of other restrictions, too. Alternately, you can just move somewhere where there is no Internet connection available, which is made up of a surprising number of places (at least in the US), some without even satellite ISP coverage. Where I am, in a rural community, I do have to put in a lot of effort for an Internet connection which I use from my phone and which requires boosters and antennas (I maintain the hick look by using beer cans so the omni antenna is directional, though Grin).
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 10:11:14 AM

If the internet wasnt invented we'd all still be living in the matrix.

Steps:

1.) Information liberated

2.) Money liberated (in process)

3.) ?
boumalo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 02:30:57 PM

If the internet wasnt invented we'd all still be living in the matrix.

Steps:

1.) Information liberated

2.) Money liberated (in process)

3.) ?

Information is accessible and you can learn about the truth by "independent" bloggers like here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NWeRl1dECs&list=UUC3L8QaxqEGUiBC252GHy3w

But bad governments agencies use internet to spy and store informations about citizens

jontrue

Activity: 704

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 11:51:55 PM

if it was not the Internet supposed to change my job
BTCulture

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 11:57:05 PM

No, internet is amazing, the only problem is being poor and not rich as fuck.
boumalo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 01:22:07 PM

No, internet is amazing, the only problem is being poor and not rich as fuck.

A lot of people have internet addiction and it reduces their real interaction with people and they become very unskilled to face to face interraction which can be a huge problem in their lives

While you become rich you have to keep an eye on all the other things needed to be happy or you will not be that much more happy than when you were poor

boumalo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 08:15:11 PM

bump

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 08:44:40 PM

The internet is an astounding resource. It's brought me countless opportunities that have enriched my life.

Having said that I do wonder how it might affect young folks who've grown up with it in their lives from minute one.

I was around long before it ever existed so it gives me that much more appreciation and awareness that there's a whole world beyond. By the sounds of it some people don't seem to realise it can be, like, turned off if it all becomes too much.
CozyLife

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Theymos, unban my account.

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 07:03:50 PM

I'd prefer it if money was never invented. If everyone had only as much as they were able to provide to others, this world would be a better place.

Due to an article that BitcoinTalk didn't like that I wrote on CCN, my account is banned. Theymos refuses to reply to my request for hearing his side of the story instead of banning my account. Please sign my petition to get Theymos to unban my account. Thank you.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 07:06:33 PM

Internet is great for communication, business, fun, almost everything.
Without Internet we will have also communication, business and fun but on much lower level, and we will be also happy but we will live in very limited world.
This is my opinion.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
boumalo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 08:33:44 PM

Internet is great for communication, business, fun, almost everything.
Without Internet we will have also communication, business and fun but on much lower level, and we will be also happy but we will live in very limited world.
This is my opinion.

It is a great tool if you don't abuse being on internet and lack normal social contacts

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: