Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:24:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitOfClassified.com - Classified ads where sellers must offer to accept bitcoins  (Read 2635 times)
Outcome (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:02:20 AM

Hey everyone, I've been following the whole bitcoin classified ads thing for a while now and really haven't been that impressed by any of them.  Most seemed to be very similar looking to Craigs List and other minimalist classified ad sites.

So we have created bitofclassified.com

A few warnings:

1.  There may be some minor glitches as it's still a work in progress, but I think it's a step in the right direction for bitcoin.  Bitcoin classified ads should not be bland and dull.  They should be as lively as eBay is, but without all the fees.

2.  Unlike eBay, but like most classified ads sites, there are no buyer or seller guarantees and no middle man/escrow account.  We recommend only face to face transactions to avoid scams.

And a few requests:

1.  We would love to roll the site out into other cities.  Right now I just have our hometown of Louisville, KY and some of the surrounding areas listed.  Please let me know on here or on our "Contact Us" form which cities you would like us to ad.

2.  We are also in the process of adding categories, so please let us know of any specific categories you would like us to ad.

Thanks again for your time and we welcome any feedback!

PS - I also run the Facebook group "The Kentucky Bitcoin Marketplace" - so if you are a business located in Kentucky that accepts bitcoin, please come by and post there to let us know!

Outcome
Nrcewker
Copper Member

Activity: 2184
Merit: 536

Need Translation/Campaign Manager? t.me/NrcewkerCM

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:34:47 AM

How you make money?

Outcome (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 06:20:38 AM

We just have advertisements for now.  Once I get the callbacks working for our bitcoin payment system through coinbase, I'll open it up for premium extras such as featured ads, extended ad time, etc.
CryptInvest
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1132

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 06:32:11 AM

Successful development! Auctions and message boards for Bitcoin is still very little so I think you will become a popular resource.
Outcome (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 07:25:15 AM

Thanks! I hope so!
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 11:05:00 PM

I'd say San Diego, CA, but that would be selfish. How hard would it be to just have sellers put in their postal code and the site look it up, then make the county/area tied to it a friendly name in the dropdown? That way you don't have to list every single metro area, and only those that have sellers in them will dropdown.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Outcome (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:32:24 AM

Even if they put in their postal code, the site would then have to pull from a database of postal codes.

Craigslist does this in a similar way to the way we have done it.... and I never really understood why.  Anyone know?

I just figured, if we get a request to add a city, we will add it lol.

San Diego, CA it is!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: