Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:33:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: ISIS-Linked Blog Reportedly Says Bitcoin Could Be Used For ‘Global Jihad’  (Read 2200 times)
freee101 (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:03:36 PM

A Monday report on global news network Sky News is attracting major attention in the bitcoin community, it would appear. Entitled Global Jihad ‘Could Be Funded With Bitcoin’, the report discusses a recently-published blog post put up by a blog with connections to the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS).
In that blog post (no link was provided in the original report by Sky), it was suggested that bitcoin could “enable jihad on a large scale,” by allowing terrorists to send “millions of dollars” to their fighters in the Middle East, or potentially to fund terrorist attacks.
That WordPress blog post, said to be titled “Bitcoin and the Charity of Violent Physical Struggle”, says that bitcoin would be tremendously difficult for Western Governments to track, even highlighting the Dark Wallet bitcoin wallet, which adds another layer of anonymity to bitcoin transactions.
The post reads in part:
This allows our brothers stuck outside of the ardh Dawlatul-Islam to avoid government taxes along with secretly fund the mujahideen with no legal danger upon them.
This system has the potential to revive the lost sunnah of donating to the mujahideen, it is simple, easy, and we ask Allah to hasten it’s usage for us.
Despite the potential seen in the digital currency by ISIS members (which is surely something most in the bitcoin community would like no involvement in), the U.S. Government, is said to be conducting counter-terrorism investigations with regard to bitcoin and virtual currencies.
Read the full report at Sky News here.
本文固定链接: 三个硬币 | http://www.3-coin.com/2014-07-07/4122/
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:15:52 PM

OMG BUYSELL

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:22:09 PM

Wow that didn't take long to start. Governments and media outlets will play the terrorism card frequently in their efforts to scare people away from crypto currencies. Never mind that the USD funded the attacks on New York and Washington DC. Expect a lot more of this as the animal realizes it has all ready been wounded.

Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:23:48 PM

and the billion $ of fiat they nicked from banks won't?  Roll Eyes

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:59:27 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2014, 05:31:39 PM by franky1

how many ISIS member's have travelled to america with guns?

how many american special OPS members have travelled to eastern countries with guns?

oh and bringing it back to bitcoin...

how much has american government made from selling bitcoin drug money...
how much will american government made from selling bitcoin presumed laundered money...

so now we have americans that have killed more foreigners, invaded more countries and profited from illegal activity, and taken other peoples precious resources....

.. so who are the real terrorists, invading countries killing people and threatening to take land lives and oil?

watch this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2FSMvrlUlY

you will see who sounds like a terrorist more

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
cuddaloreappu

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 05:02:38 PM

i accept bitcoin may help terrorist in the short run, but in the long run bitcoin will create a world where there is no need for terrorism
bluemeanie1

Activity: 280
Merit: 257

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 05:31:43 PM

certainly these anonymous crowdfunding apps can and will be used for terrorism.

-bm

Just who IS bluemeanie?    On NXTautoDAC and a Million Stolen NXT

feel like your voice isn't being heard? PM me.   |   stole 1M NXT?
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 06:33:31 PM

The REAL reason most governments have not outlawed Bitcoin, or at least fought against it vigorously in some way, is that they realize the potential for them to use it for "jihad." One of the biggest countries that thinks this way is the United States. Everybody has heard of CIA slush funds that are used, on occasion, to throw foreign governments into turmoil when they won't follow the dictates of the United States. Now the CIA has a way to hide what they are doing, financially, almost completely. Governments love Bitcoin, even if it gives the common people a little more freedom.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 07:15:37 PM

i accept bitcoin may help terrorist in the short run, but in the long run bitcoin will create a world where there is no need for terrorism

There swill always be psychopaths that want to kill people on a large scale. Bit coin will just take away their supposed justifications.

keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 07:20:26 PM

how many ISIS member's have travelled to america with guns?

how many american special OPS members have travelled to eastern countries with guns?

oh and bringing it back to bitcoin...

how much has american government made from selling bitcoin drug money...
how much will american government made from selling bitcoin presumed laundered money...

so now we have americans that have killed more foreigners, invaded more countries and profited from illegal activity, and taken other peoples precious resources....

.. so who are the real terrorists, invading countries killing people and threatening to take land lives and oil?

watch this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2FSMvrlUlY

you will see who sounds like a terrorist more

This is what the United States calls "Bringing you a democracy"
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 07:47:13 PM

Does it mean that BTC will replace fiat in beeing no1 trading medium to fund terrorism?

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 07:58:22 PM

Does it mean that BTC will replace fiat in beeing no1 trading medium to fund terrorism?

nah, because we all know that people that want guns, buy them from their government, as its governments warehouses that manufacture guns.. and guess what currency governments only wish to accept...... FIAT

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
taylortyler

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 07:58:34 PM

Sky news doesn't even provide a source for the blog and nothing comes up when searching in google. Besides the horrible reporting, this really sounds like a hit piece. Bitcoin is a national security threat because it undermines the US government's control of the money supply and they will do everything in their power to prevent widespread Bitcoin adoption from occurring. Including spreading propaganda and threats of aiding terrorism.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 08:16:45 PM

Isn't bitcoin totally un-Islamic though? Qu'ran says gold and silver are the only halal money, or at least that's what I understand.

In fact, isn't having a Twitter account, or a Tumblr a little untraditional too?

And publishing a glossy annual report, with little pictures of types of terrorist acts, with the requisite numbers by them...

and.... why is their acronym (ISIS/ISIL) an abbreviation of English words.... using English grammar....

Easiest way to subdue ISIS: find out who's doing their international media strategy, and cut them off. I dunno, these PR firms are a bunch of cutthroats these days, they'll take on a contract from anyone. ISIS should sack them anyway, they're supposed to be winning the media war, not encouraging Western audiences to think "we should be doing something about this global jihad stuff!", that would be totally counterproductive to their aims.

But hey, I guess these people are just as incompetent as the Western political strategists, eh? You just end up with totally unintentional chaos, which is in no-ones interest at all...

Roll Eyes

Vires in numeris
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 08:23:27 PM

"...and we ask Allah to hasten it’s usage for us."
Please God help us to kill people funded with Bitcoin.  Roll Eyes

Fake story is fake, but the Western media might try to hype it anyway.

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 08:31:35 PM

Sky news doesn't even provide a source for the blog and nothing comes up when searching in google. Besides the horrible reporting, this really sounds like a hit piece. Bitcoin is a national security threat because it undermines the US government's control of the money supply and they will do everything in their power to prevent widespread Bitcoin adoption from occurring. Including spreading propaganda and threats of aiding terrorism.

ofcourse they wont post the link, because smart people will then find the blog and see it was created by the media.

just like the twitter account that media created to try to say that an extremist wanted to take over trafalgar square and execute people..

in both cases it was meant as a comment of an individual. but media like to exaggerate and make it into the views of a whole country.

and as for the word isis
in islam they would not call themselves isis.. after all ISIS is using the english alphabet. and well the words 'Islamic State in Iraq and Syria' are all english too.

basically its an american creation to call anyone in iraq and seria with a gun.. a terrorist.

ok... while writing this i was going to use google translate to show what serians and iraqi's would call themselves or americans.. and for me, google translate has now deleted a few language options...

i guess they dont want you translating information to and from english.. cheeky google.. cheeky!

bitminister123

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 08:47:55 PM

Quote from: Guido link=topic=worm16.msg7719356#msg7719356 date=1404746628
and the billion $ of fiat they nicked from banks won't?  Roll Eyes

I'm sure they would accept any form of currency :/
theblacksquid

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 08:51:14 PM

That article was made by a total gov't shill. Disgusting what people will do to retain the status quo

Support Decentralized Commerce - OpenBazaar.org
Add some science to your mining!  GRIDCOIN
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 08:57:55 PM

i wonder whats next for america to make to shout about that they need to get involved in and take over th countries of:

USES Unitedkingdoms Status of England and Scotland
USEI  Unitedkingdoms Status of England and ireland

simply because we are having a few political concerns about who controls who. and then say that because we have bitcoin ATM's in london and an army, that americans believe that bitcoins will funds a british war?

theblacksquid

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 10:06:00 PM

i wonder whats next for america to make to shout about that they need to get involved in and take over th countries of:

USES Unitedkingdoms Status of England and Scotland
USEI  Unitedkingdoms Status of England and ireland

simply because we are having a few political concerns about who controls who. and then say that because we have bitcoin ATM's in london and an army, that americans believe that bitcoins will funds a british war?

THE BRITISH ARE COMING!!!
THE BRITISH ARE COMING!!!

Support Decentralized Commerce - OpenBazaar.org
Add some science to your mining!  GRIDCOIN
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 12:11:43 AM

Stop talking like that - you'll confuse Billy and Sally Applepie.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
commandrix

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 12:13:02 AM

Wow that didn't take long to start. Governments and media outlets will play the terrorism card frequently in their efforts to scare people away from crypto currencies. Never mind that the USD funded the attacks on New York and Washington DC. Expect a lot more of this as the animal realizes it has all ready been wounded.

I so totally love that some of my analogies in the articles I've written for Banks Worst Fear are already making their way into the general vernacular. But you're right; it's the scaremongers taking advantage of the thought that crypto is designed to be a decentralized and (ideally) anonymous form of payment. OF COURSE there's going to be illegal activity, but then, the same is true of fiat. There's still cases in which huge crates of dollars and pesos are found in tunnels under the U.S.-Mexican border. Oil money is likely funding most of the radical Islamist terrorists and certainly the Middle Eastern governments that won't get serious about doing anything about it. What we ought to really be doing to counter this is to create and promote an online news site that is all stories of all the crimes that are committed using fiat currencies.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 12:24:06 AM

In case you missed it when it first made the rounds, this is what terrorist creation looks like: Collateral Murder.

Speaking as a New Yorker, I sincerely hope my city doesn't have to suffer any further as a result of the greedy, ignorant, corrupt US foreign policy decisions.

For any "terrorists" who may be reading this, please leave innocent civilians out of it and target the actual motherfuckers who are ruining our nation and yours.

Remember, if you kill random innocents than you're no better than the sociopathic spawn-of-satan capitalist power elite that you hate so much. Thank you.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Squidoogeek

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 01:36:00 AM

In case you missed it when it first made the rounds, this is what terrorist creation looks like: Collateral Murder.

Speaking as a New Yorker, I sincerely hope my city doesn't have to suffer any further as a result of the greedy, ignorant, corrupt US foreign policy decisions.

For any "terrorists" who may be reading this, please leave innocent civilians out of it and target the actual motherfuckers who are ruining our nation and yours.

Remember, if you kill random innocents than you're no better than the sociopathic spawn-of-satan capitalist power elite that you hate so much. Thank you.

Any ideas on how to bring this "sociopathic spawn-of-satan capitalist power elite" to heel? Other than use Bitcoin for a lot of things? Next time you hire a freelancer, ask if he/she takes Bitcoin. Or, better yet, apply to become one of Coinbase's Business Development Managers so you can earn a living while educating retailers about how they can work around all the credit cards that are owned by big banks simply by accepting Bitcoin.
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 01:40:36 AM

Or, better yet, apply to become one of Coinbase's Business Development Managers so you can earn a living while educating retailers about how they can work around all the credit cards that are owned by big banks simply by accepting Bitcoin.
Nope.

http://bitcoinism.liberty.me/2014/07/08/re-enhanced-due-diligence/
Squidoogeek

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:08:14 AM

Or, better yet, apply to become one of Coinbase's Business Development Managers so you can earn a living while educating retailers about how they can work around all the credit cards that are owned by big banks simply by accepting Bitcoin.
Nope.

http://bitcoinism.liberty.me/2014/07/08/re-enhanced-due-diligence/

Don't worry, I'm not a Coinbase fangirl or anything, I was pretty much tossing that out there as a suggestion to Beliathon that it's possible to earn a living by helping retailers do an end run around the banks behind credit cards. As far as I'm concerned, that was likely one disgruntled customer and at least Coinbase has competitors. I've been looking hard at CoinPayments and AltAccept myself.
justusranvier
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:13:10 AM

As far as I'm concerned, that was likely one disgruntled customer
Nope.

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:22:00 AM

ok seems to b another topic deviation.. but coinbase is not a proper exchange of buy/sell/buy/sell/buy/sell for profit.. as there is not really a good orderbook to set prices at different levels.. well not one i like to use anyway.

so why the hell are people leaving coins in coinbase after converting coin...

if anyone is using coinbase and worried LOOK AT THEIR LICENCING and also find out their liability insurance details.. (you should all have done this before putting money into third parties, in the first place). if not then your accepting the risk

Squidoogeek

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:25:29 AM

I see. Well, like I said, I'm not a Coinbase fangirl. I just wanted to see whether somebody could point out more than just one "horror story". AltAccept looks pretty promising though. Has anybody ever used them?
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:26:17 AM

In order to fund a global geewhiz wouldn't that require exchanging a shit ton of bitcoins into fiat quickly? Good luck with that. When you find a bitcoin exchange that can do it please let me know which one and ill start using them.

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:31:10 AM

In order to fund a global geewhiz wouldn't that require exchanging a shit ton of bitcoins into fiat quickly? Good luck with that. When you find a bitcoin exchange that can do it please let me know which one and ill start using them.

unless your buying a house. keep the bitcoin, dont sell out at this cheap rate. just take out small amounts just to feed your lifestyle.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:46:11 AM

unless your buying a house. keep the bitcoin, dont sell out at this cheap rate. just take out small amounts just to feed your lifestyle.

I wonder who bitpay uses?

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:49:16 AM

bitpay has atleast $30m to play with(private investment), without needing to touch an exchange, more and more are doing private deals with bitpay behind the scenes to ensure they dont cause big changes of exchange prices.

Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 04:41:47 AM

great.  killing people is a hobbie, just like bitcoin, but could BOOST bitcoin's price.  and Amerikka still wins!  congrats!

i am here.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 04:57:22 AM

bitpay has atleast $30m to play with(private investment), without needing to touch an exchange, more and more are doing private deals with bitpay behind the scenes to ensure they dont cause big changes of exchange prices.

They're cheating and operating outside the Bitcoin economy. Nice.

Then who cares if Overstock or Dish network take Bitcoin. It won't help the price at all.

justusranvier
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 05:44:55 AM

Then who cares if Overstock or Dish network take Bitcoin. It won't help the price at all.
Those coins that are being spent at Overstock or Dish aren't being sold on the exchanges, and the existence of more places to spend Bitcoins will nudge people who were on the edge into buying.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 05:31:42 PM

Those coins that are being spent at Overstock or Dish aren't being sold on the exchanges, and the existence of more places to spend Bitcoins will nudge people who were on the edge into buying.

I really hope someone out there is actually buying Bitcoin to spend and it's not just miners looking for a place to spend their coins and speculators buying to later sell for a profit at an exchange.

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: