Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:27:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is it so hard to get bitcoins ?  (Read 3450 times)
btctrader22 (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 12:32:51 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2012, 09:57:32 AM by btctrader22

Trying coinworker, dailybitcoin, coinad, faucet still haven't got a coin   Angry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2012, 12:35:55 AM

Send me a ten dollar bill in the mail with a bitcoin address and you will have a couple coins or so.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
btctrader22 (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 12:36:46 AM

You need to mine or buy coins. you can only get a few cent by using those sites.

Thats what I want jst a few cent to experiment. buying sounds tricky,  just want to play with it first
btctrader22 (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 12:39:44 AM

Send me a ten dollar bill in the mail with a bitcoin address and you will have a couple coins or so.

tx for the offer but I dont have dollars (only euros or pounds) an d its gonna take forever  Sad
any other way ?
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 12:42:54 AM

You need to mine or buy coins. you can only get a few cent by using those sites.

Thats what I want jst a few cent to experiment. buying sounds tricky,  just want to play with it first

If you couldn't get a few cents from coinworker you better give dude!
I have a friend that got more than 4 BTC from there in a couple days, just from working in his spare time.
btctrader22 (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 12:44:49 AM

I have a friend that got more than 4 BTC from there in a couple days, just from working in his spare time.

every time I cilck on tasks it says nothing available  Huh
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 12:45:10 AM

tx for the offer but I dont have dollars (only euros or pounds) an d its gonna take forever  Sad
any other way ?
Yep.
https://mtgox.com/
https://intersango.com/
https://bitmarket.eu/
https://www.cryptoxchange.com/
btctrader22 (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 12:46:36 AM

also mining, you need a game graphic card, right ?
btctrader22 (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 12:50:03 AM

tx for the offer but I dont have dollars (only euros or pounds) an d its gonna take forever  Sad
any other way ?

We'll if you want to post cash in the mail for coins, there are many people who will do that and live close to you.

You could also use an exchange, or sell something on the forum for bitcoins.

What graphics card do you have in your PC? Even if its slow you'll still be able to generate a few bitcents by mining. You can mine only while you use your PC to minimize the extra electricity usage.

I have a laptop not sure what card, it says integrated graphics.
btctrader22 (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 12:52:24 AM

also mining, you need a game graphic card, right ?

To make a sizable amount of money, you need a couple of high-end graphics cards, but most graphics cards will get you enough to play with. You can also use your CPU to mine as well.

OK I need to figure that one out i guess
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 01:10:30 AM

every time I cilck on tasks it says nothing available  Huh

Yeah. They're low on tasks now. I guess the site is getting more and more traction, so the available tasks don't last for long. But I know for a fact that at least the flagging pictures task is always being refilled.
Keep trying Wink
kliffen

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 03:01:40 AM

Yeah man, why won't anyone give you money?

No clue.

On a serious note though, sites like coinworker etc do give you BitCoins, but it takes alot of effort/time. If you're just dying to get some ButtCoins, buy them for USD! Smiley
nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 03:04:40 AM

any other way ?

Go to http://intersango.com, make a bank transfer and buy some coins.
bitcoinstarter

Activity: 484
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 05:40:36 AM

Check out http://www.bitcoinbetas.com    read email for bitcoins  - I think it is down right now ...but keep it in mind!
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 05:58:41 AM

I had not heard of coinworker.com before this thread.  Is it a bitcoin version of mechanical turk? (https://www.mturk.com/mturk/welcome)

Stuff is happening so fast now, I can't keep up with the flow.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Retired

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2012, 07:40:52 AM

I had not heard of coinworker.com before this thread.  Is it a bitcoin version of mechanical turk? (https://www.mturk.com/mturk/welcome)

Stuff is happening so fast now, I can't keep up with the flow.
Yes, they get the tasks from CrowdFlower (Mturk also uses CrowdFlower as their partial task provider)
kunibopl

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 08:21:53 AM

why do they give bitcoins away for awnsering questions?

NXT: 5231236538923913892
Electrongolf

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

What's Your Gig?

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2012, 08:35:57 AM

Yep. Just like any currency, nobody is going to give them to you for free. Best thing to do is offer a good or service. If you do something well, see if someone will pay you to do it. You can also buy them, or try to mine.

btctrader22 (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 09:18:29 AM

Yep. Just like any currency, nobody is going to give them to you for free. Best thing to do is offer a good or service. If you do something well, see if someone will pay you to do it. You can also buy them, or try to mine.

Allright just got my first bitcoins today from coinworker ! Not much but enouch to play with
btctrader22 (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 09:21:22 AM

Allright just got my first bitcoins today from coinworker ! Not much but enouch to play with

Also got some from dailybitcoins. This stuff is fun  Grin
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: