Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:10:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Single Revision 3  (Read 4196 times)
Cockeyed

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 08:29:02 AM

I expect delivery in about a month, yes, that leaves ~8 months... and power cost is 0, since they will most likely be housed in my DC.  But even factoring in power, depending on what BTC prices do, it may be paid off sooner (or later if the fall is dramatic)  I based my calculations on $4/btc.

Is there a limit to how many you can put on 1 PC

127 per USB port.   I imagine you'd run out of power points before your PC ran out of USB ports Smiley

This is the number from the usb-specification, and even if somebody said, it will not require any CPU-Power from the PC and a "healthy" usb-port is enogh, I would not be too sure. Depends all on the amount of data which is transfered and on the latencies. I really don´t know what data is transferred, but if that will turn out as a problem, you could use an usb3-host-port on your PC, together with a huge usb3-hub. That will give you some air with all the usb2-devices. But with just 10 singles you will not encounter any problem. Just my 2 BTC-cent on this...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
beaups

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 08:01:36 PM

Anyone have a general idea on how long the wait is, currently, between ordering and shipping?
Epoch
Legendary

Activity: 922
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 02:30:05 PM

Anyone have a general idea on how long the wait is, currently, between ordering and shipping?

Go here and draw your own conclusions:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=67887.msg791080#msg791080

No one can tell you what the current wait is, not even BFL. People that have ordered in mid-December have started getting theirs (some have, some haven't). People who ordered in early January still haven't received anything. It isn't yet clear whether BFL is now catching up, keeping up, or getting further behind. As for how long will people who order now have to wait, your guess is as good as mine.
P_Shep
Legendary

Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198

This is not OK.

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 04:51:55 PM

Probably on the slow boat from china now.
abeaulieu

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 08:02:00 PM

Ordering now is probably after rev 3, unless BFL steps us their production size big time. Which they certainly should, considering that most people's reservations in ordering the singles is how long it would take until it gets into their hands.
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 10:25:45 PM

I have had my orders in and it is looking like I may be getting the rev3s??  yeah!!     ;)Cool

BFL really does need to get themselves together though and get me my unitz.  Can't wait for the end of the month.......

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
abeaulieu

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 01:19:11 PM

I'm surprised they are still keeping their 4-6 week ship guarantee. I wonder what they're backing it with...
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 01:20:45 PM

If they don't meet the 4-6 weeks you can cancel and get your money back ... guaranteed.  There is nothing else "backing" it.  Not a single person has received units in <6 weeks.  Some early January orders just shipped.
abeaulieu

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 01:34:19 PM

Some early January orders just shipped.

Awesome. Seems like they're making some good progress. I hope this indicates confidence in their design such that it will accelerate the order fulfillment.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2012, 02:13:13 PM

I'm not seeing where they are claiming 4 - 6 weeks on the website anymore.  Beyond that, I don't recall them ever guaranteeing 4 - 6 weeks, just an estimate... though I may be wrong about that.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Cablez
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 02:22:37 PM

I believe the 4-6 week statement was on the order form no?

Actually I don't see it anywhere now. Hmmm

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
Epoch
Legendary

Activity: 922
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 02:27:36 PM

I'm not seeing where they are claiming 4 - 6 weeks on the website anymore.  Beyond that, I don't recall them ever guaranteeing 4 - 6 weeks, just an estimate... though I may be wrong about that.

You can see it on the order page for the Singles. They use the word 'guaranteed'.

http://www.butterflylabs.com/pre-order-form/

Look at the 'Order Terms' section on the right side of the page, above the photo of the old Rev 1 Single PCB they are no longer producing.
abeaulieu

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 02:29:29 PM

When you get the confirmation page after placing an order (through Paypal, not sure if other methods get the same page) there is a block of text:

Delivery: Units are guaranteed to be shipped within four to six weeks from the date of purchase. However, your delivery time may be significantly less depending on the production group your order falls in.

Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2012, 03:00:39 PM

Ah got it, I missed that... was scanning for 4 - 6 instead of four to six heh... oops!

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Cablez
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 03:14:06 PM

Your not alone Inaba, same here.  Doh!    Embarrassed

Xmufa23X

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 03:59:32 PM

I assume this is a special processing unit built for Bitcoin mining? You just plug it into a USB port and you are good to go?
wogaut
Donator

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 04:01:55 PM

I assume this is a special processing unit built for Bitcoin mining? You just plug it into a USB port and you are good to go?
Huh
I suggest you do some more reading before posting.

Maybe newbies jail should be extended from 5 to 10 posts...

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 04:05:51 PM

Huh

Actually, he is quite correct. It is a FPGA(google that term), built specifically for SHA256-hashing, or Bitcoin mining in this case.
wogaut
Donator

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 04:07:53 PM

Huh

Actually, he is quite correct. It is a FPGA(google that term), built specifically for SHA256-hashing, or Bitcoin mining in this case.

Of course he's "quite correct".

Are we in the mode of stating the obvious now?!
That's _much_ more annoying than simply stating "subscribe".

Xmufa23X

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 04:21:08 PM

Huh

Of course he's "quite correct".

Are we in the mode of stating the obvious now?!
That's _much_ more annoying than simply stating "subscribe".
You realize that this is the newbie board right? I reserve the right to act like an idiot.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: