Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:49:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which program should I use to scan the blockchain?  (Read 943 times)
Sword Smith (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 286

Neptune, Scalable Privacy

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 10:39:16 PM

I would like to develop some bitcoin functionalities such that a server could scan extract information from the blockchain and also make and publish transactions and so on. I expect to write the program in PHP or maybe in Python. Should I use the API for the Bitcoin QT client, should I use something for Armory or should I use something else?

I know this question has been asked before but things may have changed since then.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Xch4ng3

Activity: 661
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 05:10:41 PM

I would say it depends on what exactly your trying to achieve. Is the information something that could be pulled from a site like Blockchain? If so I would use their own API which they provide for free. My programming knowledge is limited so hopefully someone can clarify more for you but I see no reason as to why you can't use the API from Blockchain.

[AUTOBUY] [CHEAP] $2 Account Shop -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4611147
Dare

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

Techwolf on #bitcoin and Reddit

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 06:22:36 PM

Blockchain.info's API would probably be the most convenient option, but if you don't want to depend on an external service then you can still access the same information with bitcoind, possibly with a separate database of some sort to track blocks if necessary (depending on what information you need).

BTC: 1M8oUcBnkRDEhWWgV8ZXLTB6p1mgnejVbX
How Forum Activity Works
Bitcointalk Forum Rules
|
|
|
Firstbits (lucky vanitygen): 1WoLfRUGDx1
How Forum Trust Works
Bitcoin Source Code
Sword Smith (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 07:05:49 PM

Blockchain.info's API would probably be the most convenient option, but if you don't want to depend on an external service then you can still access the same information with bitcoind, possibly with a separate database of some sort to track blocks if necessary (depending on what information you need).
I have been looking at bitcoind now for me time since I would like to not depend on a 3rd party. But what about Armory, where can I find information about Armory's API?

BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 08:03:35 PM

I have been looking at bitcoind now for me time since I would like to not depend on a 3rd party. But what about Armory, where can I find information about Armory's API?

I think its better to run Bitcoin-QT as a full node and read data from it. You may use Abe for the same. I'm also looking for a similar service (independent of 3rd party) for some time as blockchain.info is failing time and again. Would be great if Abe is modified more and published. My short of knowledge in Python is stopping me.

Sword Smith (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 08:16:37 PM

I think its better to run Bitcoin-QT as a full node and read data from it. You may use Abe for the same. I'm also looking for a similar service (independent of 3rd party) for some time as blockchain.info is failing time and again. Would be great if Abe is modified more and published. My short of knowledge in Python is stopping me.
The primary issue is that I would like to seperate a list of watch addresses and names for these watch addresses from the private keys associated with these addresses. And I would also like to automate the transactions which should be signed on a computer which only has connection to the server and not the internet as such.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: