Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:14:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitscalper back to business  (Read 20932 times)
stochastic

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 10:23:43 AM

Guys,
I'm sorry things are taking this long. We are still trying to recover the lost withdrawals database table, and it seems there's no way to get it back. So we'll try to recover the whole accounting this way :  Please send an email to info@bitscalper.com with the amount you claim you had left to widthdraw, including a list of all your deposits to bitscalper, once we have figured out how much we owe to anyone we will proceed to reimbursements.  Anyhow we're back to business with a powerful new strategy and we'll update the website in the next few days.

How will you know if someone is telling you the truth?

Bingo.

If I remember correctly when Bitscalper was first created they stated to use any email address even a fake one.  I used a fake email address and some randomly generated password because I knew this was going to implode eventually.

So if other people used a fake email address how is Bitscalper going to verify that the person is really who they claim to be?

I wonder if people realize the risk to reward ratio for Bitscalper was too high.  They got a 1% return a day for about a month.  So if someone put in 100 bitcoins that is 1 bitcoin a day.  They made 30 bitcoins but then the site went down for 30 days.  So really they made 0.5% a day.  Of course they might not get any of their money back so they lost money!  In that time they could have traded their bitcoins for USD and earned the interest on Bitcoinica.

We should of made bets on when bitscalper.com would be hacked or have their website down for an long amount of time.  That risk/reward ratio would have been much better.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitscalper (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 11:11:23 AM

Hi Guys,

Acknowledged that we did not handle the matter in the best possible way. We sustained some big losses due to our broken withdrawal system and already sent out wrongly hundreds of bitcoins. Our profits from the whole operation are almost all gone. Instead of blindly trusting emails claiming accounts we will ask users to proceed asking the withdrawal from inside their account. So if you are in possession of your initial user and password you will be able to withdraw your remaining balance. We intend to cross check the sub-wallets transactions with the amount that corresponding users are claiming to have withdrew already, if it matches the user balance will be fixed and it will be possible to withdraw the correct final amount.
BTC-engineer

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 11:15:26 AM

Hi Guys,

Acknowledged that we did not handle the matter in the best possible way. We sustained some big losses due to our broken withdrawal system and already sent out wrongly hundreds of bitcoins. Our profits from the whole operation are almost all gone. Instead of blindly trusting emails claiming accounts we will ask users to proceed asking the withdrawal from inside their account. So if you are in possession of your initial user and password you will be able to withdraw your remaining balance. We intend to cross check the sub-wallets transactions with the amount that corresponding users are claiming to have withdrew already, if it matches the user balance will be fixed and it will be possible to withdraw the correct final amount.

"Server error! Please contact the admin."

█         
                             ▀██       
                              ███▄     
                              █████     
                 ▄██████████   █████   
            ▄███████████████   █████▄   
         ▄██████████████████   ██████   
       █████████████████████  ███████   
     ██████████████████████   ████████ 
   ▄████████▀                █████████ 
  ██████    ▄██████         ██████████ 
 ███▀    ▄██████████      ███████████   
██       ████████████    ████████████   
          █████████████   ██████████   
            █████████████   ███████     
              █████████████▄    ██▀     
                 ██████████████         
                    ▀███████████████▄   
                          ▀███████████▀

FLUX 

VALVE      UBISOFT     GAMING ECOSYSTEM      Origin      GAMELOFT 
                   WEBSITE WHITEPAPER MEDIUM TWITTER FACEBOOK TELEGRAM █       

17 - 24 April
   Public Sale
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 11:27:05 AM

So if you are in possession of your initial user and password you will be able to withdraw your remaining balance.

ROFL.

Since when?

mav

Activity: 169
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 11:30:57 AM

You can't even keep a database table, how do you expect to be able to reverse engineer it?

Your skills in front of a computer are laughable and your policies and professionalism are literally non-existent.

As I have said before, the service you claim to offer could be useful but you seem not to offer it. History has proven this several times over.

Potential and existing users: Please stay away from this absurd 'service', for the sake of the bitcoin community.
BTC-engineer

Activity: 360

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 11:38:54 AM

Ok, login is working again at the moment. Fine.
But I still see my old negative Bitcoin balance and the 'old' request withdrawal list is still present (where my requested withdrawal is listed for weeks).
So what has changed and what should I do?

Your trouble handling doesn't make sense to me.
Please take the time to think about a procedure how to handle the trouble, communicate your procedure and follow it.

Good luck

█         
                             ▀██       
                              ███▄     
                              █████     
                 ▄██████████   █████   
            ▄███████████████   █████▄   
         ▄██████████████████   ██████   
       █████████████████████  ███████   
     ██████████████████████   ████████ 
   ▄████████▀                █████████ 
  ██████    ▄██████         ██████████ 
 ███▀    ▄██████████      ███████████   
██       ████████████    ████████████   
          █████████████   ██████████   
            █████████████   ███████     
              █████████████▄    ██▀     
                 ██████████████         
                    ▀███████████████▄   
                          ▀███████████▀

FLUX 

VALVE      UBISOFT     GAMING ECOSYSTEM      Origin      GAMELOFT 
                   WEBSITE WHITEPAPER MEDIUM TWITTER FACEBOOK TELEGRAM █       

17 - 24 April
   Public Sale
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 11:49:53 AM

Good luck

Your continued faith in the scammer is depressing. You're only leading on the scam.

Mushoz

Activity: 686

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2012, 12:07:53 PM

Good luck

Your continued faith in the scammer is depressing. You're only leading on the scam.

What if the guy's just incompetent, and not actually a scammer? I'd say we should give him a chance to prove himself. But I agree this all looks really shady. If it's legit, it's a miracle such an incompetent person can create a system that makes this kind of money automatically.

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 12:24:35 PM

Good luck

What if the guy's just incompetent, and not actually a scammer? I'd say we should give him a chance to prove himself. But I agree this all looks really shady. If it's legit, it's a miracle such an incompetent person can create a system that makes this kind of money automatically.

Will you wait here a while, while I go dig up the 2 or so weeks of chatlogs from when BitScalper was first created and everyone was bitching at me for supporting him and defending him and he himself was begging me not to bail on him but everything slowly and meticulously became more and more obvious it was a scam and I had to (against my own wishes) admit to the fact that the entire thing was too fishy and ridiculous to even consider being legitimate?

If anything, I have been the biggest devil's advocate for BitScalper from day one. I am the most qualified to say he's full of shit.

teek

Activity: 667

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 02:24:21 PM

Hi Guys,

Just logged in and sent a request.  Will post here if it actually gets filled.
Fefox

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 02:28:26 PM

Hmmm, seems to be working now.
Miner99er

Activity: 310

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 02:37:29 PM

I just logged into my account.

I put 1 BTC in, even knowing it was risky, for a what the hell, I'll give it a shot.

Account Balance: BTC 0

Today Earnings: BTC 0

Total Earnings: BTC 0.09754291

I'd really like to know where my 1.09754291 is.

Bought From Yochdogx2, Alexmat, SgtSpike, David_Benz, Beaflag VonRathburg, Slaveindebt, Cptmooseinc, Coinhoarder

Donations? SURE! 16foPr8FAjYXKL8ApQAzihnigXm1qNhi8Q

http://pyramining.com/referral/yfab9med7   
http://pyramining.com/referral/ahmc7en6z
http://pyramining.com/referral/pagndq4xc   
http://pyramining.com/referral/79b2gmrzx
http://pyramining.com/referral/e2ghz4asy
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 02:57:12 PM

I put 1 BTC in, even knowing it was risky, for a what the hell, I'll give it a shot.

Is the transaction confirmed yet? Else you might have got scammed (again).
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 03:07:52 PM

Is the transaction confirmed yet? Else you might have got scammed (again).

facepalm

(BFL)^2 < 0
carafleur

Activity: 113

lost@bitcoinica.com

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 03:24:05 PM

Roll Eyes
@bitscalper:
why did you even show up here ?
. you proved several times your incompetence
. your reputation could hardly go lower
. you do not intend to pay for your own mistakes
. how do you know that : "We sustained some big losses due to our broken withdrawal system and already sent out wrongly hundreds of bitcoins"
. you've been holding bitcoins THAT ARE NOT YOURS for weeks, and there you are, spring flower, claiming you're "back to business". you're going nowhere until you refund your customers

waste of time

“We build but to tear down. Most of our work and resource is squandered. Our onward march is marked by devastation. Everywhere there is an appalling loss of time, effort and life. A cheerless view, but true"
“Most certainly, some planets are not inhabited, but others are, and among these there must exist life under all conditions and phases of development.”

Tesla N
Fefox

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 04:23:46 PM

Hmmm logged in, changed my pass, and now I can't log in again...

blah.
Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 04:49:50 PM

Ahahahah, its continuing! *gets buckets full of popcorn*

It would be trivial to pay back the users money. Send back what's left to the initial sender's address, or use the existing backlog, or cancel the backlog and let users make new regular withdrawals. Who are you trying to fool, and why?

This is the funniest thread on bitcointalk since a good while!

Ente
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 05:32:09 PM

Good luck

Will you wait here a while, while I go dig up the 2 or so weeks of chatlogs from when BitScalper was first created and everyone was bitching at me for supporting him and defending him and he himself was begging me not to bail on him but everything slowly and meticulously became more and more obvious it was a scam and I had to (against my own wishes) admit to the fact that the entire thing was too fishy and ridiculous to even consider being legitimate?

If anything, I have been the biggest devil's advocate for BitScalper from day one. I am the most qualified to say he's full of shit.

Calm down Matthew. I have to admit that your language and unfounded allegations really turn me off. To me, you sound like you're either young (teenager/early 20s) and just like to spout off, or you're an infiltrator that is trying to bring down people and cause division.

I don't think bitscalper is a "scammer". If he was, he'd already be long gone and not posting on here anymore - it'd be pointless.

I DO think he is incompetent at building a secure website, but whatever, most people are. It's not appropriate to use derogatory, insulting language directed at someone for trying and failing. I probably know more about computers than you, Matthew, and my site got hacked too. I know how to build a website but providing security against pro hackers is a whole different story.

Its obvious to me that the powers that be want to control the exchanges, so certain exchanges will be provided support, and others will be attacked. I want as many exchanges as possible, and to trade at as many as possible, even if they kinda suck - power in numbers. When I see people throwing around the "scammer" label without any real evidence, well, that sounds just like the good ole boys club to me (masons).

I'm grumpy!!
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 06:12:42 PM

Good luck

Calm down Matthew. I have to admit that your language and unfounded allegations really turn me off. To me, you sound like you're either young (teenager/early 20s) and just like to spout off, or you're an infiltrator that is trying to bring down people and cause division.

I don't think bitscalper is a "scammer". If he was, he'd already be long gone and not posting on here anymore - it'd be pointless.

I DO think he is incompetent at building a secure website, but whatever, most people are. It's not appropriate to use derogatory, insulting language directed at someone for trying and failing. I probably know more about computers than you, Matthew, and my site got hacked too. I know how to build a website but providing security against pro hackers is a whole different story.

Its obvious to me that the powers that be want to control the exchanges, so certain exchanges will be provided support, and others will be attacked. I want as many exchanges as possible, and to trade at as many as possible, even if they kinda suck - power in numbers. When I see people throwing around the "scammer" label without any real evidence, well, that sounds just like the good ole boys club to me (masons).

Look here, we have all the good old ad hominems!
> Age
> "That's unbitcoin!"
> Oh look, masons!

Even if bitscalper is not a scammer, he still can't even handle the most basic shit like maintaining a DB.  He ACCIDENTALLY DELETES TABLES.  Is this a person you want to trust with your money?

(BFL)^2 < 0
bitscalper (OP)

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 06:36:52 PM

Guys,

As already said the withdrawals will be processed. Give a couple days to figure out the best way to proceed. I understand your concerns. I will be showing the new arbitraging engine soon.  Probably i will setup a parallel wallet for the new operations to avoid confusions. Do not fund your account with new coins until new notice please. Thanks
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: