Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:07:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitscalper back to business  (Read 20932 times)
BTC-engineer

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 08:53:56 PM

Logins down again  Angry

Should be ok now, i'm testing the new system and have to eventually reboot a couple times.

Fine, what about processing the requested withdrawal list instead of making videos and coding/testing a new system?
Or at least publishing on your website the announced guide?

When your new strategy is openness and transparency why not giving your users more short information about what is going on instead of playing personal flame-war?

Please focus on troubleshooting.

█         
                             ▀██       
                              ███▄     
                              █████     
                 ▄██████████   █████   
            ▄███████████████   █████▄   
         ▄██████████████████   ██████   
       █████████████████████  ███████   
     ██████████████████████   ████████ 
   ▄████████▀                █████████ 
  ██████    ▄██████         ██████████ 
 ███▀    ▄██████████      ███████████   
██       ████████████    ████████████   
          █████████████   ██████████   
            █████████████   ███████     
              █████████████▄    ██▀     
                 ██████████████         
                    ▀███████████████▄   
                          ▀███████████▀

FLUX 

VALVE      UBISOFT     GAMING ECOSYSTEM      Origin      GAMELOFT 
                   WEBSITE WHITEPAPER MEDIUM TWITTER FACEBOOK TELEGRAM █       

17 - 24 April
   Public Sale
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitscalper (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 09:20:33 PM

Logins down again  Angry

Should be ok now, i'm testing the new system and have to eventually reboot a couple times.

Fine, what about processing the requested withdrawal list instead of making videos and coding/testing a new system?

When your new strategy is openness and transparency why not giving your users more short information about what is going on instead of playing personal flame-war?

Ok, this is too much, i just noticed that someone stolen the few hundred coins i had transferred this morning to start the withdrawals. Probably someone who had gained earlier access and kept it silently, hoping for the better. I'm starting to check logs and whatever i need to find out where the coins are gone.. suggestions ? i am left with no words, sorry guys..
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 09:23:58 PM

Logins down again  Angry

Ok, this is too much, i just noticed that someone stolen the few hundred coins i had transferred this morning to start the withdrawals. Probably someone who had gained earlier access and kept it silently, hoping for the better. I'm starting to check logs and whatever i need to find out where the coins are gone.. suggestions ? i am left with no words, sorry guys..

bitscalper (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 09:35:43 PM

I stopped the bitcoind instance. how do i get the list of transactions from .dat files ?is there a tool to extract it from one of these files ? please help
BTC-engineer

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 09:37:23 PM

Logins down again  Angry

If you didn't keep an eye on your private key and someone else was able to steel it, what is a VERY embarrassing beginner mistake, than this 'barely few hundred' bitcoins are lost. I would not count to see them back. I would say at this point in time it's probably  too late for asking for help...

So assuming the most likely thing, that you will not get the stolen bitcoins back, because of your failure to protect your private keys, what does this mean for the user withdrawal requests?  
Are you still on track with paying out the withdrawal request, which by the way have surprisingly grown from 'barely a few hundreds' to about ~1000 Bitcoins during only  less than 20 hours (including ongoing technical website problems) ?

Did you realize that you keep confirming by the way you act what Matthew wrote about you?

Good luck!

█         
                             ▀██       
                              ███▄     
                              █████     
                 ▄██████████   █████   
            █████████████   ███████     
              █████████████▄    ██▀     
                 ██████████████         
                    ▀███████████████▄   
                          ▀███████████▀

FLUX 

17 - 24 April
   Public Sale
bitscalper (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 09:43:23 PM

Logins down again  Angry

If you didn't keep an eye on your private key and someone else was able to steel it, what is a VERY embarrassing beginner mistake, than this 'barely few hundred' bitcoins are lost. I would not count to see them back. I would say at this point in time is too late for asking for help...

So assuming the most likely thing, that you will not get the stolen bitcoins back, because of your failure to protect your private keys, what does this mean for the user withdrawal requests?  
Are you still on track with paying out the withdrawal request, which by the way have surprisingly grown from 'barely a few hundreds' to about 1000 Bitcoins only during <20 hours ?

Did you realize that you keep confirming by the way you act what Matthew wrote about you?

Good luck!

Yes i realize that this looks like a series of excuses, well,  might have been plain embarassing mistake but it happened.
I'm up for selling the whole arbitraging tool to anyone interested to repay the withdrawals. I would also accept that someone escrow the funds and release them upon successive requests. The code does really trade on arbitraging opportunities at several exchanges, and uses a browser userscript to add robot trading to btc-e.com. I could add userscripts for other exchanges without APIs upon request. Do you have an idea how i can see a transactions list without using the bitcoind API ?
kronosvl

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 09:45:39 PM

I'm up for selling the whole arbitraging tool to anyone interested to repay the withdrawals.

You don't even know how much is that

Donations are accepted @: 19Uk8zVhdgfrRo5Z6wH9yghWxZUtdiNtX9
OTC: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewgpg.php?nick=kronosvl
bitscalper (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 09:47:54 PM

I'm up for selling the whole arbitraging tool to anyone interested to repay the withdrawals.

I hope to sell it for a price that will cover the overall losses.
BTC-engineer

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 09:56:06 PM

Bitscalper let me try to wrap up what I understood from your last statements. Please correct me, if I mixed something up.

Because of your latest failure, unfortunately you can't hold out the prospect to withdrawal the requested user bitcoins anymore, somewhere in the future.
If someone will give you, as an anonymous person, (again) much money (for the great software you wrote), you can keep holding out the prospect to withdrawal the requested user bitcoins, somewhere in the future.

Did I get you right?

█         
                             ▀██       
                              ███▄     
                              █████     
                 ▄██████████   █████   
            █████████████   ███████     
              █████████████▄    ██▀     
                 ██████████████         
                    ▀███████████████▄   
                          ▀███████████▀

FLUX 

17 - 24 April
   Public Sale
bitscalper (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 09:57:54 PM

This is probably the ip  the thief used :   82.76.122.92 - - [13/Mar/2012:22:22:51 +0100]

Proxy trace to
31 hops / 24.7 seconds

1. telecomitalia.it
2. Unknown
3. interbusiness.it
4. Unknown
5. Unknown
6. 172.15.5.234
7. seabone.net
8. cogentco.com
9. cogentco.com
10. cogentco.com
11. cogentco.com
12. cogentco.com
13. cogentco.com
14. cogentco.com
15. cogentco.com
16. cogentco.com
17. dreamhost.com
18. newdream.net
19. dreamhost.com
20. newdream.net
21. dreamhost.com
22. above.net
23. above.net
24. above.net
25. above.net
26. above.net
27. above.net
28. above.net
29. above.net
30. rdsnet.ro
31. Unknown
bitscalper (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 10:00:16 PM

Bitscalper let me try to wrap up what I understood from your last statements. Please correct me, if I mixed something up.

Because of your latest failure, unfortunately you can't hold out the prospect to withdrawal the requested user bitcoins anymore, somewhere in the future.
If someone will give you, as an anonymous person, (again) much money (for the great software you wrote), you can keep holding out the prospect to withdrawal the requested user bitcoins, somewhere in the future.

Did I get you right?

You paint it in a very foggy way. The deal is, i sell the arbitraging platform and some respected member of the forum holds the sum for escrow. We reconstruct the withdrawal table and everyone get money back.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2012, 10:02:36 PM

DId you delete all the logs as well as the list of withdrawal requests?

Your bitcoind log should show all transactions the bitcoin daemon did, and your deposits log should show all the deposits people made.

For that matter your withdrawals log should show what withdrawls your site thinks the bitcoin daemon already processed, or what withdrawls were actually submitted to the daemon for processing.

So it should be pretty easy to sort it out with awk or some other command/language that can add up values found in logs and stuff like that.

In fact you should have had cron automatically comparing the totals found in the database against the amounts shown in the plaintext logs just to make sure the database was keeping everything straight properly.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
bitscalper (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 10:04:35 PM

DId you delete all the logs as well as the list of withdrawal requests?

YOu bitcoind log should show all transactions the bitcoin daemon did, and you deposits log should show all the deposits people made.

FOr that matter your withdrawals log should show what withdrawls your site thinks the bitcoin daemon already processed, or what withdrawls were actually submitted to the daemon for processing.

So it should be pretty easy to sort it out with awk or some other command/language that can add up values found in logs and stuff like that.

-MarkM-

Can you point out exactly which files i should check ? thanks a lot for your help.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2012, 10:06:45 PM

Only you know where you had your scripts/programs/website record all the important things such as what deposits had been sent to the database, what withdrawals had been sent to the bitcoind and stuff like that.

The bitcoind's log is usually debug.log in the daemon's data-directory.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
kronosvl

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 10:07:55 PM

We reconstruct the withdrawal table and everyone get money back.
So you don't have the table but you decided to transfer bitcoins on the server with lots of bugs and keep them there till you reconstruct the table. I'm questioning your ability to make simple decisions.

BTW what's the price for the bot? or how much do you need to return? (I'm not asking the exact sum, just a hint 1000BTC, 5000BTC?)

Donations are accepted @: 19Uk8zVhdgfrRo5Z6wH9yghWxZUtdiNtX9
OTC: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewgpg.php?nick=kronosvl
RaggedMonk

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 10:13:32 PM

bitscalper (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 10:15:38 PM

We reconstruct the withdrawal table and everyone get money back.
So you don't have the table but you decided to transfer bitcoins on the server with lots of bugs and keep them there till you reconstruct the table. I'm questioning your ability to make simple decisions.

BTW what's the price for the bot? or how much do you need to return? (I'm not asking the exact sum, just a hint 1000BTC, 5000BTC?)

I don't have an exact idea at the moment, i think it's fair to think about 2500-3000 btc perhaps, i think withdrawals will not account for more than 1500 btc but i might be wrong. there were too many bugs in the withdrawal code. I had transfered the coins because i decided to start processing the withdrawals step by step as btc engineer had wisely suggested.
The bugs related to the withdrawal code were not directly connected with the script i used to actually send the coins. Also the breach probably happened about one month ago and the hacker probably covered his tracks in the logs.  
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 10:19:15 PM

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
did you accidentally delete the withdrawal table again, or was that intentional

(BFL)^2 < 0
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2012, 10:20:06 PM

I maybe should try to job your memory though that maybe it might not even be only files that have the data you need, you might also have all you need in your database since all you deleted was one table. Often people who think in terms of PHP and MySQL do not use a plaintext log file at all, presumably because they back up their database so often that they figure there is a enough certainty that they have most of what they need in their daily backups that having to remember a bunch of log files to back up daily too is not worth the trouble.

So just think back to when you made the site. When someone makes a deposit you write down who deposited how much on what date using what method type of info in a list of such info, right? Either in a log file or in a database table that amounts to being a log since each row is one such occurence. If your database does not support "transactions" you probably also wrote down the fact that you have not yet actually changed the accounting to include this new deposit. Then you run around updating balances so they reflect the deposit. Then you log the fact that you have completed updating of balances to account for that deposit, so you know the machine didn't die halfway through the process.

So, look wherever you made your list of all deposits before updating balances, plus, if separate rather than just being a "done" marker in the first list, wherever you wrote down that the balances had been updated to reflect the new deposit.

Same for the withdrawals: look at the list of send commands sent to the bitcoin daemon and the list of transaction numbers the daemon returned when it made the sends. Plus too there is the daemon's own debug.log log to compare against if you think your records of what you told it and what it responded are somehow incorrect.

-MarkM-

P.S. Did Tom WIlliams ever actually get around to releasing his source code (as he claimed he would) that he claimed included a bug that was his excuse for ripping everyone off?

RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 10:23:36 PM

Wait...so a 'few hundred' just turned into 2500-3000? For god's sake, man, keep your story straight if you want to operate as a professional liar.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: