Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 09:55:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will the GAW VAULTBREAKER Be profitable?  (Read 14299 times)
DrSnAzZy (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

VootCoin PR/IRC Admin

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:17:54 PM

Planning on getting a GAW Vaultbreaker ,

Im getting mixed reviews. This would be my first ASIC rig. How can i calculate if this will be profitable over time? Every calculator gives a different answer.

Electricity cost for me is .13 cents USD per kW/h

500Mh/s = Roughly $300 a day right now. How much will that change ? need some expert advice Smiley

Vootcoin!
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:35:15 PM

That's an Scrypt miner, no?
Bitcoin Forum > Other > Alternate cryptocurrencies > Mining (Altcoins)

DrSnAzZy (OP)

VootCoin PR/IRC Admin

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:47:14 PM

it is, sorry if placed in wrong location. Mods will move Smiley

Vootcoin!
Equate

Activity: 770

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 05:54:29 PM

Im getting mixed reviews. This would be my first ASIC rig. How can i calculate if this will be profitable over time? Every calculator gives a different answer.

500Mh/s = Roughly $300 a day right now. How much will that change ? need some expert advice Smiley

$300 a day is as of today and you won't have miner in hand until Q3/Q4 and by that time KNC Titan , Alpha-T Viper and many other miners will be released and difficulty will be a lot higher. So if you are calculating ROI , do consider the difficulty which won't be same in future and paying for pre-orders when so many asics can be bought right away , is not an intelligent choice.
DrSnAzZy (OP)

VootCoin PR/IRC Admin

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 05:57:01 PM

$300 a day is as of today and you won't have miner in hand until Q3/Q4 and by that time KNC Titan , Alpha-T Viper and many other miners will be released and difficulty will be a lot higher. So if you are calculating ROI , do consider the difficulty which won't be same in future and paying for pre-orders when so many asics can be bought right away , is not an intelligent choice.

Id spend much more the $7000 usd to get 500mh/s today.

Vootcoin!
Equate

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 06:01:21 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2014, 06:25:07 PM by Equate

Id spend much more the $7000 usd to get 500mh/s today.

Yes and that is why pre-order game  is played by sellers . Say it takes 5/6 months to make ROI now and even if you buy much Higher hash rate pre-order , its not like you will make ROI in 1 month when your asic gets delivered in q3/q4. Its a race and by Q3/Q4 , sellers will be already releasing 1000MH/s miners , so in the end , sellers are in win-win situation with all the Asic monopoly.
DrSnAzZy (OP)

VootCoin PR/IRC Admin

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 06:24:04 PM

So where is the most profitibility?

Vootcoin!
Equate

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 06:26:53 PM

Buying coins is always a better option and if you are going to buy scrypt asic, you can buy LTC which are very cheap atm. If you are willing to take risks , then  go for the miners.
DrSnAzZy (OP)

VootCoin PR/IRC Admin

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 06:47:15 PM

Buying coins is always a better option and if you are going to buy scrypt asic, you can buy LTC which are very cheap atm. If you are willing to take risks , then  go for the miners.

Well to me, a miner is less risk than putting $7000 into coins. Is there any accurate way to calculate difficulty increase? theres no way this is all a big guessing game lol

Vootcoin!
Equate

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 06:50:48 PM

Well to me, a miner is less risk than putting $7000 into coins. Is there any accurate way to calculate difficulty increase? theres no way this is all a big guessing game lol

It is a big gamble indeed lol and if you can predict difficulty rise, you can't be sure of LTC price in future , in the end , don't invest money which you can't afford to lose and avoid pre-orders.
DrSnAzZy (OP)

VootCoin PR/IRC Admin

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 07:27:39 PM

It is a big gamble indeed lol and if you can predict difficulty rise, you can't be sure of LTC price in future , in the end , don't invest money which you can't afford to lose and avoid pre-orders.

I totally understand that, hmmmmm got some thinking to do. That vaultbreaker is just so beautiful lol! I have a 25 mh/s x11 mining rig setup now, just love the asic idea. Are there any New algo asics coming out soon? Just trying to think profibility down the road. I need at least ROI

Vootcoin!
DrSnAzZy (OP)

VootCoin PR/IRC Admin

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:35:31 PM

Whats the best calculator to use for realistic profits?

Vootcoin!
PeaMine

Activity: 979
Merit: 510

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:28:40 AM

I have no way of knowing, but if LTC takes off like BTC, then I'm sure any ASIC will be +ROI in under a year.
Beyond that, much better to buy coins when price is low or coin is brand new and dirt cheap, and have strong hands.

Datacenter Technician and Electrician.  If you have any questions feel free to ask me as I am generally bored looking at logs and happy to help during free time.
chrisbfrpky

Activity: 90

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:52:49 AM

By the time you receive your miner, it'll only make a few bucks a day. Check daily for yourself at Coinwarz' calculator. Add in a few months of difficulty increases and your ROI doesn't exist. Make no mistake, the machine will be "testing" long before you ever receive it. As soon as the profitability drops to nothing, it'll be shipped to you. Funny how that works. Chris B.
Equate

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:22:06 PM

By the time you receive your miner, it'll only make a few bucks a day. Check daily for yourself at Coinwarz' calculator. Add in a few months of difficulty increases and your ROI doesn't exist. Make no mistake, the machine will be "testing" long before you ever receive it. As soon as the profitability drops to nothing, it'll be shipped to you. Funny how that works. Chris B.

That is the story of the Asic manufacturers for quite time and there is no shortage of people who invest in these pre-orders.
DrSnAzZy (OP)

VootCoin PR/IRC Admin

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 08:09:04 PM

Whats the best calculator to use for realistic profits?

Vootcoin!
DrSnAzZy (OP)

VootCoin PR/IRC Admin

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 08:44:58 PM

And how can i calculate the difficulty rise over time? Is there a consistent average?

Vootcoin!
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686

FUN > ROI

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 10:52:19 PM

And how can i calculate the difficulty rise over time? Is there a consistent average?
If you could calculate that, you should open up a betting office Wink

The most popular Scrypt-based coin is Litecoin, and you can read one blog's notes on its difficulty rise here:
http://cryptomining-blog.com/3053-litecoin-network-difficulty-still-rising-seriously/

brian_23452

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 09:47:34 AM

The average rate of return for a given hashrate has been dropping at a fairly consistent 2% per day for the past 5 months .  Basically, to get a really rough estimate of what it will be when you take delivery, look at your rate of return today.  Then cut that number in half for every month you have to wait before delivery.  This is ignoring costs for electricity.

In the case of the GAW miner which I believe is now slated for 750MH/s for 8000 dollars, you would need to be taking delivery in the first half of August to have a realistic chance of mining as much as the unit costs. 
DrSnAzZy (OP)

VootCoin PR/IRC Admin

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 11:20:26 AM

The average rate of return for a given hashrate has been dropping at a fairly consistent 2% per day for the past 5 months .  Basically, to get a really rough estimate of what it will be when you take delivery, look at your rate of return today.  Then cut that number in half for every month you have to wait before delivery.  This is ignoring costs for electricity.

In the case of the GAW miner which I believe is now slated for 750MH/s for 8000 dollars, you would need to be taking delivery in the first half of August to have a realistic chance of mining as much as the unit costs. 

Interesting. is there More profitable option? Different algo? Im running a 25mh/s 750 ti x11 rig right now, obviously not big profits on my rig.

Vootcoin!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: