Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:27:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Investigation: would you like to see an investment banking service?  (Read 1294 times)
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 848
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 06:53:26 AM

Or we can just call it a GLBSE stock issuing service.

I've been thinking on it for a while. It seems that creating new stocks on GLBSE becomes a time and energy consuming job. So I guess that maybe some people would pay someone else for it. If you are about to issue shares yourself, and there is a service which:

1. Announces your new GLBSE stock on the Bitcointalk forums.
2. Maintains a webpage for you to disclose your internal financial data and the details of your business.
3. Answers the shareholders' questions with the information you want to give.
4. Notifies the shareholders about each payment of dividends on both the forums and the webpage.
5. Arranges liquidation.
6. Charges you some of your shares. (maybe 1%-3%?)

Will you consider using it?

I think I'm not qualified to do this, due to my poor English skills and lack of experience. I'm just curious if someone
would need this kind of service, as the GLBSE economy grows. I'm also wondering if it is a good idea that
GLBSE provide the similar service itself.  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 01:27:24 PM

do you offer only the administrative part or also proxy to nefario (ID requirements)?
please look at current best practices and emerging standards (contact info - links to forum, threads, important posts; maintaining summary post of past dividends, update company profiles - if mining then capacity etc)
just start a 3-ring-binder and license it with optional assistance Wink
good luck and best wishes

It's just my quick thought. I myself is not qualified for that. And I now believe that it's still not the time for this kind of business to survive. The GLBSE economy, and even the whole Bitcoin economy, are still in infant states. I hope investment banking could happen soon though. Thanks for your advice anyway. Smiley

HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 22, 2012, 11:49:15 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2012, 12:14:42 PM by HorseRider

I'm an financial industry professional myself. I will NOT buy any stock issued by investment bank in the bitcoin community. I work for the buy side.

because the website that is build, the way the management team answer the question, the personal style is very important for one to make a investment decision. if a investment bank doing all of this job for the company, I will miss lots of hints and information. For example, I did not invest in RSM mining company,  because through reading his post, I just find the CEO a mean and unfaithful person. If he hired a investment bank, I will not be able to discover this. Those investor who did not pay attention with the style and hints leaked by the CEO of RSM now is suffering pain and loss.

And all the investor should know that, an investment banker is hired for selling the stock of the company, they are professional in luring people buying the stock. They will lead you make a decision which may be not for the best interest of yourself.

DON'T buy stock issued by INVESTMENT BANK.

There will be as much scam and market manipulation as in Wall Street. They earning the money by lying and misleading.

In real world, the investment banking industry is born with the inclination of misleading and lying. The SEC came out in 1934, after the 1929 great depression which the unregulated investment banking industry scamming people with no limit. The SEC is a balancing power for the right of the public and the misleading tendency of the investment banking industry.  If you buying stock issued by investment banking on the GLBSE industry, you're buying stock from the investment banking running in before 1929, which is born to be scamming.

I'm not personally against friedcat, just talking about the common sense in investing on GLBSE. the way the CEO communicate with the potential shareholders, the website the company build and etc is very important information for you to judge the company.

And I'm sincerely ask firedcat to let the entrepreneur do this themselves. Investing on a GLBSE company is investing in the people. Don't hide the entrepreneur or the swindler behind your Meticulous service. I want to see it.If a company hired a investment bank to help them sell the stock, I will know that the CEO is now under the guide of some professional sales and all the subtle clues will be carefully remain under cover.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2012, 12:23:29 PM

I'm an financial industry professional myself. I won't buy any stock issued by investment bank in the bitcoin community. I work for the buy side.

because the website that is build, the way the management team answer the question, the personal style is very important for one to make a investment decision. if a investment bank doing all of this job for the company, I will miss lots of hints and information. For example, I did not invest in RSM mining company,  because through reading his post, I just find the CEO a mean and unfaithful person. If he hired a investment bank, I will not be able to discover this. Those investor who did not pay attention with the style and hints leaked by the CEO of RSM now is suffering pain and loss.

And all the investor should know that, an investment banker is hired for selling the stock of the company, they are professional in luring people buying the stock. They will lead you make a decision which may be not for the best interest of yourself.

DON'T buy stock issued by INVESTMENT BANK. There will be as much scam and market manipulation as in Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley. They earning the money by lying and misleading.

If a company hired a investment bank to help them sell the stock, I will know that the CEO is now under the guide of some professional sales and all the subtle clues will be carefully remain under cover.

This is a quite serious accusation. I agree that there are many shady things going on inside the investment banking business, but I won't consider it an evil business as a whole.

1. The division of work is inevitable and beneficial. Professional organizations for managing fundraising reduces entrepreneurs' total cost. They may nourish some scammers, but they also helped many honest businessmen. It is hard to say which outweighs which.

2. In the long run, scams and frauds will be revealed under the sun. The honesty scores of investment banks are tied with the honesty of their clients. For example, if large investment banks all act in an insincere way, more and more people will share the same impression to them with you. Their business will decay and die.

3. I don't know much details about Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley. But I think they have government supports behind them. In a freer market like that of Bitcoin, I think investment banks will even be less "evil", because of the fact that no one can save them from the loss of credit.

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2012, 12:25:30 PM

I'm an financial industry professional myself. I will NOT buy any stock issued by investment bank in the bitcoin community. I work for the buy side.

DON'T buy stock issued by INVESTMENT BANK.

There will be as much scam and market manipulation as in Wall Street. They earning the money by lying and misleading.

In real world, the investment banking industry is born with the inclination of misleading and lying. The SEC came out in 1934, after the 1929 great depression which the unregulated investment banking industry scamming people with no limit. The SEC is a balancing power for the right of the public and the misleading tendency of the investment banking industry.  If you buying stock issued by investment banking on the GLBSE industry, you're buying stock from the investment banking running in before 1929, which is born to be scamming.

I'm not personally against friedcat, just talking about the common sense in investing on GLBSE. the way the CEO communicate with the potential shareholders, the website the company build and etc is very important information for you to judge the company.

And I'm sincerely ask firedcat to let the entrepreneur do this themselves. Investing on a GLBSE company is investing in the people. Don't hide the entrepreneur or the swindler behind your Meticulous service. I want to see it.If a company hired a investment bank to help them sell the stock, I will know that the CEO is now under the guide of some professional sales and all the subtle clues will be carefully remain under cover.

And as I mentioned in my other replies, I'm not planning to do any investment banking myself. I'm just interested in this idea and provide some quick thoughts.

Bitbird

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2012, 05:13:10 PM

I would like to see one, an integrity one of course! Smiley

HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2012, 03:25:13 AM

This is a quite serious accusation. I agree that there are many shady things going on inside the investment banking business, but I won't consider it an evil business as a whole.

Well, if the investment banking business is not an evil one as a whole, it's only there is a SEC like organization.

1. The division of work is inevitable and beneficial. Professional organizations for managing fundraising reduces entrepreneurs' total cost. They may nourish some scammers, but they also helped many honest businessmen. It is hard to say which outweighs which.

It's true for the whole economy maybe(I mean it's not sure.). However, if one investor is hurt by a fraud, he is hurt. there will be no such thing like "outweighs"

2. In the long run, scams and frauds will be revealed under the sun. The honesty scores of investment banks are tied with the honesty of their clients. For example, if large investment banks all act in an insincere way, more and more people will share the same impression to them with you. Their business will decay and die.

"In the long run"....
there will be no long run. For most of the investment banker working in the Street, five years is the whole career for them. Sell some exotic thing to you, and I get enough money to get retired. "under the sun", yeah, I will be under the sun of the beautiful beach.

3. I don't know much details about Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley. But I think they have government supports behind them. In a freer market like that of Bitcoin, I think investment banks will even be less "evil", because of the fact that no one can save them from the loss of credit.

We will see what happened in the e-wallet servcie again in the bitcoin investment banking industry, if there is any such kind of service.

Don't trust the investment bank, especially the bitcoin investment bank. Make decision on your own due diligence. If the investment banking service make your DD not so diligent, then don't give your money.

Maybe some day you will use the service of the investment bank. I interact with investment bank all the day. However ,remember, service only, don't trust them. You will be good if you keep to be a doubter when dealing with investment bank

HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2012, 03:33:25 AM

I would like to see one, an integrity one of course! Smiley

I want one, too. However, you know, reality hurts.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: