Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:40:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone know what happened to knightmb and his 371,000 BTC?  (Read 81453 times)
Stardust

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 08:36:21 AM

Why 3 replies in a row, Stardust? Couldn't you just edit you 1st reply and include everything?
You can still do it now and remove the 2 other (now) useless replies

Pick one of those 2: People get confused to whom it's addressed if I reply all in one post, or I am lazy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 08:39:44 AM

Why 3 replies in a row, Stardust? Couldn't you just edit you 1st reply and include everything?
You can still do it now and remove the 2 other (now) useless replies

Pick one of those 2: People get confused to whom it's addressed if I reply all in one post, or I am lazy.

Then, why not multi-quote and insert each reply after each quote?
A forum is not a chatroom.
Also, I think everybody undertsands if you address each person you wish to reply to with an @someone
But, whatever, do as you wish.
ScriptGadget

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 05:47:29 PM

But with regards to Bitcoin things will never go back to normal for you.

Not entirely true. Worst case he/she can always burn the knightmb identity. Even Satoshi is/are probably still hanging around here somewhere.
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2012, 06:13:55 PM

Not entirely true. Worst case he/she can always burn the knightmb identity. Even Satoshi is/are probably still hanging around here somewhere.
Haven't you read his last post here ?  He donated a lot of them to wikileak and he's still active on the new currency TimeCoin.
http://timekoin.org/
ScriptGadget

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 06:46:16 PM

Haven't you read his last post here ?  He donated a lot of them to wikileak and he's still active on the new currency TimeCoin.

Yes I did. I don't understand your point. I was talking about options, not suggesting knightmb not participate however he/she chooses.
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 06:51:26 PM

No he didnt. Thats the wikileaks BTC donation address: http://blockchain.info/address/1HB5XMLmzFVj8ALj6mfBsbifRoD4miY36v
Total received: 3400 BTC to date

What I meant earlier:

Now that bitcoin changed his life for him personally, he can never go back to the point where he started off. Even if he gave everything away and changed his identity, he would still keep a galore of memories and went through so many life changing events due to bitcoin, he would never be the same person again. Also, his outside world is different now (unless he kept it a complete secret from everyone except this community and still lives in his Mom's basement;).
To say it with Peter Parker's words: "With great power comes great responsibility."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKmQW7JTb6s&noredirect=1

maybe he IS Spiderman after all?
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 06:55:35 PM

maybe he IS Satoshi after all?
Fixed that for you.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2012, 08:18:24 PM

No he didnt. Thats the wikileaks BTC donation address: http://blockchain.info/address/1HB5XMLmzFVj8ALj6mfBsbifRoD4miY36v
Total received: 3400 BTC to date

What I meant earlier:

Now that bitcoin changed his life for him personally, he can never go back to the point where he started off. Even if he gave everything away and changed his identity, he would still keep a galore of memories and went through so many life changing events due to bitcoin, he would never be the same person again. Also, his outside world is different now (unless he kept it a complete secret from everyone except this community and still lives in his Mom's basement;).
To say it with Peter Parker's words: "With great power comes great responsibility."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKmQW7JTb6s&noredirect=1

maybe he IS Spiderman after all?

It is 'an' address, not 'the' address.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2012, 08:19:53 PM

Curious to know what was the value of USD/BTC rate when he donated them ?
ScriptGadget

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 08:27:03 PM

t bitcoin changed his life for him personally, he can never go back to the point where he started off.

Ah. Thank you for clarifying. I'm just a little dense sometimes.

Whatever else eventually comes from bitcoin, it certainly has already created some really new and interesting experiences for a great many people, and stimulated alot of thought and creativity.
elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 10, 2012, 09:57:49 AM

Anyone know what happened to knightmb and his 371,000 BTC?

Current status: Seized/confiscated/stolen by the US Secret Service? [1]

[2] http://mbdonationfund.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51&Itemid=57
[3] http://mbdonationfund.com/images/documents/search_warrant.pdf
mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1252

View Profile
November 10, 2012, 10:44:06 AM

I hope his wallets are encrypted or stored on encrypted volumes and he has encrypted off-site backups.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 10, 2012, 11:24:00 AM

Good news for me anyway  Tongue , they sold me the project for $5k to recover some of their cost. I now technically own the wallet files and other software I was working on with them at the time. For legal reasons I can't blurt out who the investors were or the banks, companies, etc. they were representing basically (unless I won't to land in court forever), but I think I made a wise investment. It's still going to take a while to get my wife on board as she still doesn't understand the whole BTC concept, but everyone here knows and I know what it means. She was really skeptical about my purchase this week.

I'll probably take some of the backup advise here too, why have a few backup copies when you can have many on different media types spread around everywhere (all encrypted of course this time).

Thanks for the advise everyone!

Michael Brown (knightmb), you have not told the full story here, and this is not the first time you have screwed an employer. If you do not do the right thing now, this will come back to haunt you.

You are also in over your head. Has it occurred to you that you owe $850,000 of federal income tax on this "deal"? Fortunately for you, we do not have state tax in Tennessee, but you will still owe business taxes, and you haven't even applied for the right licenses.

You have one chance to do the right thing here. You know what it is.
This should be fascinating. Quote's from 2011.

Another interesting quote from MBDonationFund.com:
"I am a self-employed wireless Internet service provider and web hosting/designed in Franklin, TN barely scratching out a living for my young family."
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
November 10, 2012, 11:31:49 AM

Good news for me anyway  Tongue , they sold me the project for $5k to recover some of their cost. I now technically own the wallet files and other software I was working on with them at the time. For legal reasons I can't blurt out who the investors were or the banks, companies, etc. they were representing basically (unless I won't to land in court forever), but I think I made a wise investment. It's still going to take a while to get my wife on board as she still doesn't understand the whole BTC concept, but everyone here knows and I know what it means. She was really skeptical about my purchase this week.

I'll probably take some of the backup advise here too, why have a few backup copies when you can have many on different media types spread around everywhere (all encrypted of course this time).

Thanks for the advise everyone!

Michael Brown (knightmb), you have not told the full story here, and this is not the first time you have screwed an employer. If you do not do the right thing now, this will come back to haunt you.

You are also in over your head. Has it occurred to you that you owe $850,000 of federal income tax on this "deal"? Fortunately for you, we do not have state tax in Tennessee, but you will still owe business taxes, and you haven't even applied for the right licenses.

You have one chance to do the right thing here. You know what it is.
This should be fascinating. Quote's from 2011.

Another interesting quote from MBDonationFund.com:
"I am a self-employed wireless Internet service provider and web hosting/designed in Franklin, TN barely scratching out a living for my young family."

Thread from Endless-sphere forum when people found out about him acquiring the BTC for $5,000.

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30632&sid=bc2ba1be6bb99fef8c9941ef67f4b5b3

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

rippleFanatic

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 02:29:15 AM

Anyone know what happened to knightmb and his 371,000 BTC?

Current status: Seized/confiscated/stolen by the US Secret Service? [1]

[2] http://mbdonationfund.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51&Itemid=57
[3] http://mbdonationfund.com/images/documents/search_warrant.pdf

So knightMB is the sender of the Romney extortion hoax?! what the hell?!

He says the cats pictured are not his, but a client's. Then he days someone else went through his trash and got the usb drives  Roll Eyes He should have securely deleted/purged that USB!! lol

http://www.thedaily.com/article/2012/11/09/110912-news-romney-tax-raid/

Why should we donate to a guy with 371k BTC?!

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
Shotgun_WooWoo

Activity: 130

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 03:46:11 AM

I kind of just read the first few posts in this thread.  But I figure something foul is afoot if he is still missing.  $100000 doesn't usually just go missing, looks like the next block chain should be dedicated to finding out just what happened to this fellow.

repentance

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 04:13:43 AM

I kind of just read the first few posts in this thread.  But I figure something foul is afoot if he is still missing.  $100000 doesn't usually just go missing, looks like the next block chain should be dedicated to finding out just what happened to this fellow.

We know what happened to him.  He's far from "missing". 

He's begging for donations because the SS is investigating him for the Romney tax return ransom attempt.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=123591.0

And really, he last posted in June and his last activity on the board was on 4 October - there was no reason to be think that "something foul" was afoot.  It's always a good idea to read the last page of an old thread before commenting on its first few posts.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2012, 04:31:10 AM

So not only did he send a ransom letter to a presidential candidate he also donated a heap of bitcoins to an "enemy of the state" ...no wonder they kicked his door in.

Shotgun_WooWoo

Activity: 130

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 05:24:15 AM

This is ridiculous.  I just made a thread about the security of BTC.  I know the government is going to do something about this...I just wonder what.  They are viewing this board and pinging every single person's IP address, I'm sure of it. 

Either way, if they link this person's actions with BTC they should be aware that it is still alive and strong, very strong.  It would be a hard task to shut down a crypto currency that generates it's own value according to a blockchain.  Especially when there are homeless people on the street begging for USD...Hmm.  I smell something bad, something is not being handled correctly. 

repentance

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 05:37:33 AM

So not only did he send a ransom letter to a presidential candidate he also donated a heap of bitcoins to an "enemy of the state" ...no wonder they kicked his door in.

He says he made "large" donations to Wikileaks but that's a claim I'd take with a grain of salt.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: